The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

16 hours ago, c00kies said:

To be fair, these odds are a little wonky because of the current matchups. For example, the Steelers are low because they play the Patriots now, so it's unlikely they win the SB because they don't get there. If the Steelers did win, they might be favored over the Falcons (who might be higher because they are expected to beat the Packers).

Additionally, despite the odds, if the Steelers and Packers make it to the SB, they might actually give the Steelers the edge despite the current %. This is because they really don't see the Steelers beating the Patriots, rather than the Steelers beating the NFC team.

It's true, all based on match ups, but pretty neat to see the Falcons ranked to have the 2nd highest current Super Bowl odds. I'm happy for Matt Ryan and that team. Wish Gonzalez was still around in some capacity.

Assuming we get by Pittsburgh, neither NFC team is one I have any ill will towards and would care on a personal level to beat (like Seattle). Would be great for Ryan to finally shut up his critics and get a ring, and can't have anything against Rodgers getting another ring (plus him and Tom are great friends).

But of course, most optimal would be ring #5:wub:

2 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Ya I guess similar to why every team plays Sunday on week 17. 

I'm pretty sure that it's a holdover from back in the day when there wasn't an extra week between the Conference championship games and the Super Bowl.

Now that they have that extra week, I doubt that it would be much of an advantage to have that extra day. I bet a lot of people would love to see a Saturday game as well as a Sunday game.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

23 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Undrafted dude that just worked hard and made an nfl roster as a starter. He was actually a really good inside linebacker. Only 24, sad story. Just sucks. 

When an athlete that young has to retire due to health reasons, it's such a sad story to even comprehend. Worked pretty much his entire life to play football at this level and to have his career cut short. 

On Zach Orr...

So this one guy on my hockey team we always poke fun at him cuz he always seem to draft guys or trade for guys who end up having some serious injury or retiring early or something else. He's had Crosby during his injury riddled years, he had Peverly when he collapsed, he had Craig Anderson who's wife has cancer and so on. 

In our football pool(which he won this year) he had Zach Orr as we use IDP. He sent a message out today saying at least he goes out as a champion. It took me a few to realize what he was talking about as I was thinking Ravens sucked this year. 

Anyways go Steelers and Falcons?

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

The old, fire alarm, disrupt the visiting team's sleep trick.  Guess perpetrator will watch the game in the holding tank with other like minded individuals.  

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/video/man-arrested-for-pulling-fire-alarm-at-steelers-hotel~1040752

What a crappy way to have a criminal record on his file for the rest of his life

3 hours ago, Neversummer said:

The old, fire alarm, disrupt the visiting team's sleep trick.  Guess perpetrator will watch the game in the holding tank with other like minded individuals.  

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/video/man-arrested-for-pulling-fire-alarm-at-steelers-hotel~1040752

I just wanted to point out that a lot of Patriot haters will want to jump on the "Patriots cheating again!" bandwagon, but lets be clear: The Pats organization had nothing to do with this...

...it was an idiot Patriots fan. (We've all seen our share of those, right?B))

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I just wanted to point out that a lot of Patriot haters will want to jump on the "Patriots cheating again!" bandwagon, but lets be clear: The Pats organization had nothing to do with this...

...it was an idiot Patriots fan. (We've all seen our share of those, right?B))

He was obviously paid by Kraft or Bellichek to pull the fire alarm. 

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

No wonder why I haven't seen him on the soccer thread as well. What did he do that got him banned lol

Trolling in the Election thread, I think. (One too many uses of the word "Libtard")

Can't say I feel sorry for him. Stealth actually gave him a stay of execution and he went right back to baiting and name-calling.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1