The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Yep. Dirtiest team in the NFL by a country mile. Not to mention the amount of crap they get away with year after year. 

Wouldn't it be sweeter for Pittsburgh to keep it close until New England pulls away in the 4th for you?

Like the Cowboys game it you are blown out early you are resigned to defeat but when it looks like you actually might win it's even more crushing to lose late in the game.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Pears said:

Yep. Dirtiest team in the NFL by a country mile. Not to mention the amount of crap they get away with year after year. 

When you're a fan of a team with Vontaze Burfict you can't really call other teams out for being dirty.  He's the dirtiest player in the league by a country mile.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 3

I can't say that I follow the Steelers closely enough to comment on whether they're the dirtiest team in the league, but I have to say that today's teams don't hold a candle to the Raiders of the mid/late 70s.

That was a dirty team. (and I was a fan at the time) And to make matters wiorse, they didn't have nearly the amount of camera angles that they do today.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

When you're a fan of a team with Vontaze Burfict you can't really call other teams out for being dirty.  He's the dirtiest player in the league by a country mile.

I'd throw a vote in for TJ Ward. Does the guy know how to tackle anywhere but at locked knees?

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

I guess you've never seen Mike Mitchell, Ryan Shazier, David DeCastro etc. play. If Burfict was a Steeler he'd undoudtedly be talked as one of the best linebackers in the game. But since he's a Bengal, he has that reputation. 

27 minutes ago, Pears said:

I guess you've never seen Mike Mitchell, Ryan Shazier, David DeCastro etc. play. If Burfict was a Steeler he'd undoudtedly be talked as one of the best linebackers in the game. But since he's a Bengal, he has that reputation. 

Hate Mitchell and Pitts as a whole but I'll still be the biggest Steelers fan this Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Lmao still salty about that hit huh? 

Btw do you remember Benard Pollard!?!?:lol:

Oh of course.

23 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Pittsburgh better have a backup set of walkie talkies 'just in case' the headsets don't work for the visitors at Gillette stadium B).  Just sayin .... 

NFL controls headsets.

I'd love to see the Falcons go all the way, but they are probably ranked 4th to do so.

For the Patriots, stop Bell= win. It is as simple as that. Brady can win a passing shootout with Ben if needed, and I like the Patriots secondary more.

27 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I'd love to see the Falcons go all the way, but they are probably ranked 4th to do so.

For the Patriots, stop Bell= win. It is as simple as that. Brady can win a passing shootout with Ben if needed, and I like the Patriots secondary more.

Patriots Super Bowl odds up to 39.6%, Falcons are second at 32.9%, Packers third at 14.9% and Steelers fourth at 12.6%, per @numberFire.

7 replies46 retweets49 likes

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

That's just sad.  I remember a time when commissioners were hired to help grow the sport for both the fans and owners.  Now it's just about how many millions you can bilk out of Johnny Public.  There's is no loyalty and for this the NFL will pay.  Maybe not this year or next but within 5 years I strongly believe you are going to start seeing the fallout of giving the middle finger to three fan bases in 2years.  Personally the NFL has dropped big time in my books:  CFB, NFL, NHL, CHL, gouging my own eyes with my toenails, NBA, MLB.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Patriots Super Bowl odds up to 39.6%, Falcons are second at 32.9%, Packers third at 14.9% and Steelers fourth at 12.6%, per @numberFire.

7 replies46 retweets49 likes

To be fair, these odds are a little wonky because of the current matchups. For example, the Steelers are low because they play the Patriots now, so it's unlikely they win the SB because they don't get there. If the Steelers did win, they might be favored over the Falcons (who might be higher because they are expected to beat the Packers).

Additionally, despite the odds, if the Steelers and Packers make it to the SB, they might actually give the Steelers the edge despite the current %. This is because they really don't see the Steelers beating the Patriots, rather than the Steelers beating the NFC team.

• Upvote 1