The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

My Seahawks obvious needs are offensive linemen. I haven't followed college football this year other than watching the College Championship game but if Watson falls to the 2nd round, I can see them picking him up since Boykin isn't really anything special right now and he hasn't played many games. Ramcnyk looks like an interesting option and he's one of the best tacklers so if he drops into the Seahawks' lap, I could see them picking him also. no matter what, my Seahawks have one of the best scouting systems out there and always make teams foolish for not picking up who they picked. Looking forward to fun draft

On 1/24/2017 at 11:15 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Is it really an upset when the spread is 3 and they're a top 10 offense of all time?

I expect the spread to only get bigger the closer it gets to the game probably up to 7. All I'm hearing so far is everyone saying how great Belichick is at game planning and that the Patriots will win by a touchdown or more.

I think it will truly be a pick em game but the line might start to really favor the Patriots once we are a couple days before the game.

To me the draft process and mock drafts and needs are exhausting to follow there are a zillion mock drafts each week.

Honestly until after free agency in March when the combine is over and free agency is pretty much done with just pro days, individual workouts and smaller regional combines etc. left.

That is the time to really pay attention. Way to early Imo to finalize picks. Needs will become more clear first week of April.

There are always late risers and fallers guys who are maybe less heralded at big school or small school guys who crush their combine or pro day with great measurables and then scouts have to go back to watch the tape.

To me combine workouts are so overrated it makes no sense making them run drills in shorts and scivies instead of pads.

Who cares if a guy runs a 4.4 flat in shorts but when he gets on the field he struggles to use that speed with pads on because you rarely run unimpeded in straight lines in football like at the 40 yard dash.

"Play speed" as scouts call is way more important than what you look like in a pair of shorts as a "workout warrior".

A guy can appear faster with the pads on because of his quickness and football IQ vs a guy who has "track speed" but not "football speed".

Saying all that I love the NFL draft because there is always the chance of finding 2 or 3 instant impact guys who will make a difference to your team the next season.

Unlike other sports the veterans you bring via trade or signings directly affect who you will end up picking in the draft.

For urgent short term needs and stop gaps Free agency and trades are the way to go to supplement the roster.

The long term base for all good teams is built in the draft to be a playoff team year and year out eventually competing for Lombardi's.

On 1/26/2017 at 0:40 PM, ReggieBush said:

I know the super bowl is coming up, but do any of y'all follow the draft? I watch a lot of CFB so I have a pretty good grasp of the majority of the prospects. I have a couple sleeper prospects that could be absolute steals. If your into this type of stuff check out a these prospects

Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington

Tedric Thompson S Colorado

Sojourn Shelton CB Wisconsin

Haason Reddick OLB Temple

Brendan Langley CB Lamar

Reddick looks like an excellent rangy LB prospect and Kupp have been absolute beasts at the Senior Bowl.

Only thing about Kupp that scares me is his speed. But he runs great routes, knows how to use subtle moves in his routes to get just enough separation.

He is outstanding at the catch point he looks up to Larry Fitzgerald and seeing some of his Senior Bowl clips he really caught the ball well 1 on 1.

This is a really weak Qb class. Nobody looks like a guy who can be a Wentz or Prescott.

I do have one sleeper senior QB Nathan Peterman Pitt getting some hype. Average arm but has plus accuracy throwing to unfailiar wrs at senior bowl.

Could be next Kirk Cousins and a decent starter as a projected 4th round pick currently.

The strengths of this class are CB,RB,S, WR in that order. 

All other positions are about the same in terms of talent level to other years.

• Upvote 1

On 27/01/2017 at 0:53 PM, Tre Mac said:

Geez, Bridgewater to miss the entire 2017 season as well.  Dam, that was quite the catastrophic knee injury.

Vikings look pretty smart to trade for Bradford. Sure they gave up a first round pick but they are a RB and a better offensive line away from being a SB contender.

This year is a weak QB crop anyways. Next year coming out is Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson the latest electrifying dual threat QB since RG3.

On 1/29/2017 at 1:44 AM, Chip Kelly said:

Vikings look pretty smart to trade for Bradford. Sure they gave up a first round pick but they are a RB and a better offensive line away from being a SB contender.

This year is a weak QB crop anyways. Next year coming out is Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson the latest electrifying dual threat QB since RG3.

Turnover prone and doesn't step up in big games. Fantastic athlete, there is no denying that, but I would not hand him the keys to my offense. Sam Darnold is the next great QB. The kid is unreal. Apparently, NFL scouts have said that if he was able to declare this year he would be the first QB off the board. IMO, if he stays at SC for at least 2 more years, he could be an all-time great college QB.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18589548/kyle-shanahan-briefly-loses-playbook-reporter-accidentally-takes-atlanta-falcons-oc-backpack

So apparently the Atlanta Falcons offensive playbook was "misplaced" for about 15 minutes, they eventually discovered a reporter accidentally picked up the offensive coordinators bag by mistake.

If the Patriots completely shut down the Falcon's offense on Sunday and read every play exactly right then we know what everyone will be talking about lol.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bo053 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18589548/kyle-shanahan-briefly-loses-playbook-reporter-accidentally-takes-atlanta-falcons-oc-backpack

So apparently the Atlanta Falcons offensive playbook was "misplaced" for about 15 minutes, they eventually discovered a reporter accidentally picked up the offensive coordinators bag by mistake.

If the Patriots completely shut down the Falcon's offense on Sunday and read every play exactly right then we know what everyone will be talking about lol.

"""Loses""" """Mistakenly"""

5 hours ago, Pears said:

So since his name is Bo we can automatically assume he'll be good?

He is a Mouat grad, a rangy linebacker.

5 hours ago, Bo053 said:

Spygate, deflate-gate, and now "misplace gate".

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Bo053 said:

Isn't it obvious?

Art Spander, an honorable, award winning and pro football hall of fame writer who covers San Francisco teams was doing media with the next head coach of the San Francisco 49ers when he got a text from Belichick saying there's 2 free Chipotle burrito's and a bottle of wine waiting in his room if he steals Shanahan's playbook, photocopies the entire thing, and returns the bag within 15 minutes. Of course, Belichick won't hand over his phone to review these text messages. Playbook-gate.

On 28/01/2017 at 10:44 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Jackson's stats are inflated as hell due to garbage time.

• Upvote 2

On 1/29/2017 at 10:57 PM, ReggieBush said:

Turnover prone and doesn't step up in big games. Fantastic athlete, there is no denying that, but I would not hand him the keys to my offense. Sam Darnold is the next great QB. The kid is unreal. Apparently, NFL scouts have said that if he was able to declare this year he would be the first QB off the board. IMO, if he stays at SC for at least 2 more years, he could be an all-time great college QB.

His other grandfather, Dick Hammer, is a former Marlboro Man actor and USC athlete.[

Dick Hammer