The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

me too. BTW: I think it's garbage that the Skins get home field advantage.

:angry:

Yeah well the Saints had to travel to Seattle a few yrs ago in the playoffs despite more wins. The outcome would have been different if the game was in New Orleans.

Edited by Madness

:angry:

Yeah well the Saints had to travel to Seattle a few yrs ago in the playoffs despite more wins. The outcome would have been different if the game was in New Orleans.

I agree. IMO, the team with the better record should have home field advantage all the time.

• Upvote 1

Romo would be used to it. There's just not a lot of options. Draft year looks week, Vick seems to be on his way. Outside of them the only real available guys may be Rivers and Palmer who both make Romo look like Montana.

Yea Foles may be good one day, but probably not.

I'll take Alex Smith and the 49ers OC Greg Roman to be the new head coach and bring his system to Philly. They have enough talent on offence if they can fix the defense this off-season they can rebound quickly and be a playoff contender.

It might take 2 years but the Eagles are not that far away from having a team that can do some damage in the playoffs.

I'll take Alex Smith and the 49ers OC Greg Roman to be the new head coach and bring his system to Philly. They have enough talent on offence if they can fix the defense this off-season they can rebound quickly and be a playoff contender.

It might take 2 years but the Eagles are not that far away from having a team that can do some damage in the playoffs.

Forgot about Alex. Watch Reid troll you and bring him to Arizona. I figured the Eagles would be legit this year, the whole division was supposed to be fierce and it's the damn redskins that come out on top. Did not see that comin.

On the wildcard home field advantage topic. If you want to play in your house, win your division. Simple.

Forgot about Alex. Watch Reid troll you and bring him to Arizona. I figured the Eagles would be legit this year, the whole division was supposed to be fierce and it's the damn redskins that come out on top. Did not see that comin.

On the wildcard home field advantage topic. If you want to play in your house, win your division. Simple.

Reid wants Kolb in Arizona. He says he can fix him. They still need a RB though but their defense is pretty good.

I could see them having a turnaround 8-8 season much like the Rams next year if Reid can make Kolb more consistent.

Edited by Terry Crews

Kolbs playing consistency should be fine, it's his health consistency that's likely to be a problem. Injury prone Qb's, coach killers.

Since Kolb got hurt, the Cards qb's had a stoooopid stat. Something like 3td's/17ints/4picksix. How do you throw more td's to the other team than your own lol.

Love football and the playoffs but as a Bronco fan the second round can not come quick enough. I think it is virtually set that we see a Denver New England AFC Championship and the faster that comes the better.

Here are my picks for this week

Seattle Seahawks over Washington Redskins

Green Bay over Minnesota

Houston over Cinccy

Colts over Ravens

Edited by canuckbeliever

I don't think the ad is directed at the Redskins, probably every other team that passed on him in the following rounds though.

Ya, I thought that was fairly obvious. It's hard to believe that he went 75th overall....considering all he's achieved this season. You know there are quite a few teams kicking themselves right now.

Ya, I thought that was fairly obvious. It's hard to believe that he went 75th overall....considering all he's achieved this season. You know there are quite a few teams kicking themselves right now.

In reality though, he was the 6th QB taken. Clearly RGIII and Luck were right to go 1-2. Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden both went in the first round, and both are better "traditional" QBs. Those teams shouldn't have drafted Wilson unless they were going to allow him to play a system that maximizes his abilities like in Seattle. The only other QB taken before him was that Brock Ostweiller or whatever.

I mean if he wants to use a 3rd round selection as motivation, more power to him. But there are likely very few teams, if any other than the Seahawks, that would have given him a chance to succeed like he is.

The reason why he went so late is because of his height. If he was 6'2 he would have gone a lot sooner. You'd think because of Drew Brees' success teams would stop thinking short QBs can't be successful...

In reality though, he was the 6th QB taken. Clearly RGIII and Luck were right to go 1-2. Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden both went in the first round, and both are better "traditional" QBs. Those teams shouldn't have drafted Wilson unless they were going to allow him to play a system that maximizes his abilities like in Seattle. The only other QB taken before him was that Brock Ostweiller or whatever.

I mean if he wants to use a 3rd round selection as motivation, more power to him. But there are likely very few teams, if any other than the Seahawks, that would have given him a chance to succeed like he is.

I don't know about that, Wilson could have easily started for a handful of other teams. He probably could have beat out some other team's starter. He had an amazing training camp and preseason which led to him starting. He was essentially the #3 QB coming in and wasn't expected to start. I don't even think Seattle expected him to play like he's playing. He proved a lot of people wrong.

I get what you're saying about the system though and having a good RB, offensive line and weapons at WR have definitely helped him. That truly is the recipe for developing a QB. You need to have weapons. Something the Jets didn't consistently do with Sanchez.

Edited by JollyJet