The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

21 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Knowing how cheap the owner is, probably if/when Smith will sign for vet minimum.

It boggles the mind that they skimp on the o-line.  After taking Burrow 1st overall in the '20 draft, they need to go o-line with their next 2 picks. 

I think it would be smarter to use most of our draft picks after our 1st on defense. There’s a few intriguing options in free agency we could look at to fix the offensive line. 

3 hours ago, Pears said:

I think it would be smarter to use most of our draft picks after our 1st on defense. There’s a few intriguing options in free agency we could look at to fix the offensive line. 

Decent FA OL's don't come cheap unless you're willing to take a chance on a player like Richie Incognito who could go loco at any point while playing on a bad team.

The Bengals just won't outbid other teams for top-tier free agent linemen.

Building your defense instead of protecting Burrow will seriously hurt your shiny new QB's development and could potentially turn him into a bust.  This is a QB driven league and the Bengals need to start from there and then work their way to the defense through '20 free agency and the '21 draft.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, ReggieBush said:

Meh. Give us a game? Yes. Scare us? No. 

We didn't have Jarran Reed for either one of our losses, and the mid season additions of Josh Gordon and Quandre Diggs (who has transformed the defense) are big ones.

Both the Saints and Ravens games were games that we kind of thrown away. We allowed a Special Teams TD and Defensive TD against the saints. The Ravens game we were victim to 2 defensive TD's.

We have benefitted from defensive TD's too, but my argument is that the gap isn't as crazy as y'all make it out to be. Both those games were very winnable.

I guess I would ask you then, where is there a weakness on Seattle? The offensive line because the injury to Britt? Nickel back? Inconsistency at kicker?

Yes to all of the above.

Clowney is is the piece imo that takes this defence to the next level if he isn't right, I don't how much you can rely on Poona Ford and co to be the difference.

I still don't think Seattle is the fortress they used to be at home anymore even if you think both Seattle losses were unfortunate games based on turnovers.

On 11/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, SabreFan1 said:

And the other 3 are either making out with NYC club skanks and getting sick or not living up to their billing in year 2.  Rosen will be lucky to get a backup job next season.

I don't remember anything about a New York qb making out with an NYC club skank in the hot gossip news? Are you referring to Darnold?

57 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I’m happy to announce: with 17 players battling the flu, I’ll be suiting up for the Pats tonight. 

:frantic:

Not too often I cheer for the Pats, but big fan of them today.  And not just for the Titans sake, but that’s a big reason why.  

7 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Pssht. We don’t play in the wildcard weekend. 

If the Bills weren't playing the Ravens next week, there would be a legitimate chance this year of the Patsies in the wildcard, but the Ravens unfortunately are going to mop the floor with the Bills on Sunday.  :(

Edited by SabreFan1

27 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

If the Bills weren't playing the Ravens next week, there would be a legitimate chance this year of the Patsies in the wildcard, but the Ravens unfortunately are going to mop the floor with the Bills on Sunday.  :(

We play KC next week which isn’t any easier. 

Week 15 or 16 BUF vs NE game could potentially be for the Division. What a riot. 

31 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Brady still throwing dimes. Need Sanu or Harry to become a legit #2 WR. Jules is being doubled every game. 

Brady is finally starting to decline.  This is the first season that I've seen him not be able to make inferior receivers look better than they are.  It's one of the things that I point to when I argue with anyone that he's the best QB to ever play the game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick take a QB in the first or second round this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

We play KC next week which isn’t any easier. 

Week 15 or 16 BUF vs NE game could potentially be for the Division. What a riot. 

KC's defense is suspect.  Brady and Belichick will figure them out and win the game.

The Bills have a great D, but because of the way they play the pass, it leaves a little extra room open for good runners.  Lamar is going to start running on them and when the Bills stick Edmunds on him, that'll open up short and intermediate passing lanes.

Unfortunately I can see that game getting ugly.