The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 12/2/2019 at 7:45 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I was just thinking about that....

One of the Cowboys or Eagles is going to host a playoff game, while one of the Niners or Seahawks will be going on the road....:blink:

Time to change that playoff format....

One thing the NFL could do is to require a divison winner to have a winning record otherwise you do go to a third wild card.

It's possible that the NFC east leader will finish with an 8-8 record, or even a 7-9 record!  Admittedly the Eagles would have to lose twice to the Giants and once to the Redskins but we're talking about a team who  blew a lead against the Dolphins in their last game.

As for the Cowboys, I can easily seeing them lose to Chicago, Rams and Philadelphia.

Hell, one of them could win with a 6-10 record!

14 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

One thing the NFL could do is to require a divison winner to have a winning record otherwise you do go to a third wild card.

It's possible that the NFC east leader will finish with an 8-8 record, or even a 7-9 record!  Admittedly the Eagles would have to lose twice to the Giants and once to the Redskins but we're talking about a team who  blew a lead against the Dolphins in their last game.

As for the Cowboys, I can easily seeing them lose to Chicago, Rams and Philadelphia.

Hell, one of them could win with a 6-10 record!

Personally, i would go with a format that says all division winners are guaranteed a playoff spot, but from that point, seeding is determined by record. The Niners and the Seabags both deserve a home playoff game. Dallas does not. (Actually they don't even deserve a playoff spot, but it is what it is. That used to be a pretty tough division)

• Upvote 4

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Personally, i would go with a format that says all division winners are guaranteed a playoff spot, but from that point, seeding is determined by record. The Niners and the Seabags both deserve a home playoff game. Dallas does not. (Actually they don't even deserve a playoff spot, but it is what it is. That used to be a pretty tough division)

This is my preference too, as it guarantees teams in a highly competitive division (thus, a worse record) a playoff spot, but it also rewards the best teams in the league.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

So you think 0:3?

Speaking of drugs is that what chunky was doing when he decided to trade Mack?

Nope he saved the franchise $26M in cap space per year, got ROTY Josh Jacobs and still has your 1st this year to spare. How is Mack doing? I hear he is getting out played by our 4th rounder :bigblush:

Edited by Magikal

2 minutes ago, Magikal said:

Nope he saved the franchise $26M in cap space per year, got ROTY Josh Jacobs and still has your 1st this year to spare. How is Mack doing? I hear he is getting out played by our 4th rounder :bigblush:

Running backs have very short life span in the NFL.

Mack is doing well so thank you for trading him.

How is that move to dessert graveyard going for you guys?

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Running backs have very short life span in the NFL.

Mack is doing well so thank you for trading him.

How is that move to dessert graveyard going for you guys?

Pretty good considering we got a new $1.5Billion dollar stadium, are now in a tax haven for free agency and have had the franchise's value more than double in less than a year.

How's your kicker? He wasn't good enough for us .

Congrats to Mack though. His sack tonight now ties him with our 4th round rookie Mad Maxx!!!

Just now, Magikal said:

Pretty good considering we got a new $1.5Billion dollar stadium, are now in a tax haven for free agency and have had the franchise's value more than double in less than a year.

How's your kicker? He wasn't good enough for us .

Congrats to Mack though. His sack tonight now ties him with our 4th round rookie Mad Maxx!!!

Oh yeah, dust hole with population of 25 back in 1900 used for nuclear testing built by N.Y and Chicago mob.

It has to suck when your team leaves their home turf to go to L.V

At least you guys can catch music/magic shows and all you can buffets.

Who cares about the kicker, with the exception of few they all suck.

Mack gets double teamed every play so it’s not all about the stats.

Crosby kid is good but give me a ring when he starts drawing double or triple coverage.

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Oh yeah, dust hole with population of 25 back in 1900 used for nuclear testing built by N.Y and Chicago mob.

It has to suck when your team leaves their home turf to go to L.V

At least you guys can catch music/magic shows and all you can buffets.

Who cares about the kicker, with the exception of few they all suck.

Mack gets double teamed every play so it’s not all about the stats.

Crosby kid is good but give me a ring when he starts drawing double or triple coverage.

Raiders fan not a city fan. We take over anywhere we go. LA still has more Raider fans than Chargers\Rams fans combined. I mean we could turn this into a city thing and we could discuss how Chicago cant stop shooting each other in the face but again, not a city fan so couldn't care less. All I know is I can go fly to see my team for a home game on the super cheap now.

You know who says that about kickers? The team with the crappy kicker.

Crosby is already drawing multi man coverage so ring ring baby girl.

25 minutes ago, Magikal said:

Raiders fan not a city fan. We take over anywhere we go. LA still has more Raider fans than Chargers\Rams fans combined. I mean we could turn this into a city thing and we could discuss how Chicago cant stop shooting each other in the face but again, not a city fan so couldn't care less. All I know is I can go fly to see my team for a home game on the super cheap now.

You know who says that about kickers? The team with the crappy kicker.

Crosby is already drawing multi man coverage so ring ring baby girl.

Having more fans than Chargers/Rams is like having more fans than Florida Panthers or Arizona.

Your kicker is 12/17 for the year, so let’s not think you have Jan Stenerud kicking for you.

Are we seriously comparing rookie that played 12 games with one of the best defensive players in the league?

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Having more fans than Chargers/Rams is like having more fans than Florida Panthers or Arizona.

Your kicker is 12/17 for the year, so let’s not think you have Jan Stenerud kicking for you.

Are we seriously comparing rookie that played 12 games with one of the best defensive players in the league?

Someone sounds threatened :emot-parrot: