The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

At one point my parents did. They never told me otherwise until after I figured out. It just seems to me that atheists and skeptics don't like to admit to believing anything that can't be proven even though they do have beliefs that can't be proven. Ya know what I mean? Like it's ok to say "I don't know, but I don't believe it to be the case."

None of which, that we know of, have successfully negotiated space travel. Oh, sure, mushrooms and spiders may have COME here from space but they haven't been able to leave again.

If push came to shove, and it might, we could be fully space based in 50 years I'd wager. Not all of us, mind you....

None of which, that we know of, have successfully negotiated space travel. Oh, sure, mushrooms and spiders may have COME here from space but they haven't been able to leave again.

If push came to shove, and it might, we could be fully space based in 50 years I'd wager. Not all of us, mind you....

And what's the status of space travel now? Completely gutted. The only thing we send into space now is more satellites. If push came to shove I doubt we'd be able to be space based before whatever cataclysmic event came about to destroy us. The Earth is 4 billion years old. We're about 200,000. Assuming we aren't wiped out, we'll have evolved into some weird new creature before the Earth is gone.

Up in the air?!? :lol: Actually, I'm pretty interested in Curiousity and am one of the few I know that thinks exploring the asteroid belt is completely worthwhile.

Planets do die, sometimes naturally, sometimes not. Sometimes they just do themselves in. We may do it without necessity but for, I don't know, something to do.

Sitting on top of 50,000 litres of rocket fuel? Pretty much. It requires a lot of faith that those spaces nerds know as much about physics as they do about Stargate SG1. That's a leap of faith if you ask me.

Or that they remembered to convert imperial to metric this time.

Archived