The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't recall saying that it was written into any official document, but your point is well taken.

The first reference to separation of church and state that I found was from Thomas Jefferson. If he isn't considered one of the founding fathers, then I stand corrected...

Wonder what the GOP spin on this would be? Incredible! To think this election is even close makes you wonder, how easy it is for those folks in the US of A to have the wool pulled over their eyes.

You may want to have a history lesson. Founding fathers did not advocate for a seperation of church and state. No where in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence is that mentioned. Read the documents for yourself, as there are plenty of examples within it mention of God and faith in Jesus Christ. Also, do a little research about the people who signed the document. DId you know that many of them were clergymen? What the founding fathers argued against was a state run church, like they had under England's control. This is completely different because the very act of rebellion against England that they had engaged in was considered against the Crown's as the head of the Church of England, hence the very lines in the Declaration about humankind's created by God equally was evidence of that heresy as it challenged the Divine right to rule. The point is that faith has always been a part of the American fabric. And in most places in this country, that will never change.

I think all the media types are calling it pretty close in order to get their election specials watched, while print media has said just the opposite, having Obama pull at least 270 in everything I've read. The only swing state that Romney might take is NC.

The system in the US for voting is ridiculous. So much power is given away to local officials where corruption is rampant. Canada does it right. Mark your X and Elections Canada runs the show as an independent Federal agency.

Archived