The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

walk around the world

Red-Haired_Shanks

hi after im finished with my schooling in 3 or so years im planning to walk around the world. im thinking it will take me less then 10 years if i make it back at all. its been done before so im not worried that its impossible, also i am bringing my canucks jersey and im going to take picture with it everywhere i go.. im planning to walk across canada, fly to ireland, walk down to spain, then to italy to visit family, take a boat to greece, walk across turkey, Kazakhstan, walk down through china to japan, then to thailand, take a boat to australia. walk across australia, then to argentina, then follow the coast back up to vancouver. any places along the way i should check out? i got my whole life to do this so suggest away. im not going through the middle east, africa or russia because its too dangerous. so where should i go? any cities or places i should check out on my route?

Russia can be pretty sketchy; however, if you'd like the stamp in your passport you could always go to Kaliningrad. It's in between Poland and Lithuania, and has alot of German and Soviet architecture. Just so you know, Kazakhstan outside of the big cities.. which im assuming you're walking through is said to be more dangerous than Russia.

hi after im finished with my schooling in 3 or so years im planning to walk around the world. im thinking it will take me less then 10 years if i make it back at all. its been done before so im not worried that its impossible, also i am bringing my canucks jersey and im going to take picture with it everywhere i go.. im planning to walk across canada, fly to ireland, walk down to spain, then to italy to visit family, take a boat to greece, walk across turkey, Kazakhstan, walk down through china to japan, then to thailand, take a boat to australia. walk across australia, then to argentina, then follow the coast back up to vancouver. any places along the way i should check out? i got my whole life to do this so suggest away. im not going through the middle east, africa or russia because its too dangerous. so where should i go? any cities or places i should check out on my route?

While I admire your dedication, I find it strange that you exclude the Middle East, Africa and Russia from your itinerary yet you place Thailand, China and Argentina as your places to go to.

Not all places in the Middle East are dangerous and lots of places in Africa are extremely safe. Russia is absolutely NOT dangerous at all.

While I admire your dedication, I find it strange that you exclude the Middle East, Africa and Russia from your itinerary yet you place Thailand, China and Argentina as your places to go to.

Not all places in the Middle East are dangerous and lots of places in Africa are extremely safe. Russia is absolutely NOT dangerous at all.

How you going to pay for this world tour? Mom and Dad got you covered?

It sounds cool to say you walked around the world but the reality of actually doing it, without a support van or anything?, is kinda a long boring haul. If its 150 miles to the next town anywhere along the way are you camping it and carrying all your food and water and walking a empty stretch of road for the better part of a week? Town after town. Week after week. Spending almost all of your time on your own in the middle of nowhere just walking.I can see taking a bus from town to town, meeting people seeing the sights, staying in their homes on those exchange deals and crossing the world that way but to walk it....

How you going to pay for this world tour? Mom and Dad got you covered?

It sounds cool to say you walked around the world but the reality of actually doing it, without a support van or anything?, is kinda a long boring haul. If its 150 miles to the next town anywhere along the way are you camping it and carrying all your food and water and walking a empty stretch of road for the better part of a week? Town after town. Week after week. Spending almost all of your time on your own in the middle of nowhere just walking.I can see taking a bus from town to town, meeting people seeing the sights, staying in their homes on those exchange deals and crossing the world that way but to walk it....

Aside from all the sarcasm in this thread, I really respect what you're doing if you're actually planning on doing it.

You've got to check out that place in South Argentina where penguins come up on the beach. I'm curious as to your budget - do you have something put aside or are you just going to tramp the entire thing?

Archived