Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Waivers] Canucks Desbiens, Joslin, Ebbett, Mullen & Gordon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,622 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Why waive players who we just signed????

They aren't likely to make the big club and are more depth players and/or they are likely to clear waivers and would benefit from playing time in the AHL.

Shouldn't Pinizzotto be on that list? He's on a two way isn't he?

Edit.
I didn't realise the players are actually exposed as per normal waivers, just earlier this year per NHL/PA agreement. I guess the Canucks didn't want to risk him being claimed.

There's also the point of their being only so much room on the Wolves, so they can't send down all their depth players. If everyone wants to play and there is a lockout, they'll have to make arrangements to play in a league outside North America.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#32 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Only suprised by Ebbett. He will probally be claimed.

Arnott signed maybe?

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#33 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Players don't get to vote. Bettman decides when he wants to lock out and the board of governors either agree with it or not.

Well sure enough. I am talking about ratification votes. At some point there will be an offer and players will vote whether to accept or not. Hopefully not next spring but likely.

#34 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

You know for the Sedin's 6th Sense, calling a guy who has 21 sucks shows how you're not the 6th sense of the Sedins.

Really?

<_<

Was joking / sarcasm. He said Volpatti sucks cause he got no minutes, and I countered by using his logic and saying if that's true, does Kassian suck cause he barely got any minutes? ...I was NOT serious...

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#35 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,884 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Except that Kassian did get playoff minutes because he is a far better player than Volpatti.

I wish Volpatti well, but c'mon... "Scruuuuub."

comeundone.gif

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.