The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Super League?

luckylager

Should a new league replace the broken one?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, here we are, fans suffering another lockout.

Is the system really that broken and if the NHL's economics are really that bad???.....

How about a "Super League" or "Premier League" :

8 - 10 teams, no cap and no revenue sharing (unless our dollar tanks again; when values are within 5% of parity sharing would be revoked ). Just the best of the best. Imagine the hockey! No Bettman, no crappy Southern US teams that can't fill an arena, etc etc...

There are so many benefits for the game, the fans and elite players if such a league were to be created.

I think you're all missing the point.. It's more of a fantasy league in my mind, best of the best. And just a fantasy at that.

KHL doesn't count it's Russian AHL.

NHL is not a super league, the talent pool is a little shallow which is why I think 8-10 teams of elite players would just be insane hockey. Yes, NHL is were the best play, but the league economics are broken because of Bettmans boner for having bad teams in bad markets.

It's not a reality question. Obviously this could not happen, I'm not asking whether it could, rather would you be stoked if such a league existed?

I get that many CDC users don't have a fun bone and being a cynical douche makes you feel good because you are too meek to speak your mind in real life.

Meh, f'n kids these days...

and why would the NHLPA agree to this?

but no, i would not like this.

assuming average salar is 5 million in this leauge. you have an average cap of 110 million...

also... 8 teams means less games...means less revenue for tickets

so...more money being spent on salary and less ticket revenue.

edit: canuck tickets are already at $410 for lower and $100 for upper...

8 team leauge with superstar players, tickets would probably increase to $600 for lower and $250 for upper

cheapest coming in at $175 per ticket

I think you're all missing the point.. It's more of a fantasy league in my mind, best of the best. And just a fantasy at that.

KHL doesn't count it's Russian AHL.

NHL is not a super league, the talent pool is a little shallow which is why I think 8-10 teams of elite players would just be insane hockey. Yes, NHL is were the best play, but the league economics are broken because of Bettmans boner for having bad teams in bad markets.

It's not a reality question. Obviously this could not happen, I'm not asking whether it could, rather would you be stoked if such a league existed?

I get that many CDC users don't have a fun bone and being a cynical douche makes you feel good because you are too meek to speak your mind in real life.

Meh, f'n kids these days...

Archived