CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Man was that an emotionally packed episode. Sad to see the show wrapping up :(

Was this episode a hour long?

If so I only got to see the last 30 minutes because my PVR recorded 30 minutes due to the guide saying it was a normal episode. It was so weird when I started my recording, it began from when Andy was talking to Erin.

Really mad that I missed half of the episode due to my PVR not recording it and because of the guide.

#123 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Was this episode a hour long?

If so I only got to see the last 30 minutes because my PVR recorded 30 minutes due to the guide saying it was a normal episode. It was so weird when I started my recording, it began from when Andy was talking to Erin.

Really mad that I missed half of the episode due to my PVR not recording it and because of the guide.

Yep it was an hour long episode, I saw that too, I would of recorded it just like you, except I already had a recording at that time, and I wanted to watch hockey so I could only record one and had to record the later airing of The Office in which I noticed was an hour long.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#124 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Yep it was an hour long episode, I saw that too, I would of recorded it just like you, except I already had a recording at that time, and I wanted to watch hockey so I could only record one and had to record the later airing of The Office in which I noticed was an hour long.

Crap! Well that really sucks, but I have now doubled up on recordings for the last two episodes just in case this happens again. Hopefully they get recorded as planned, and this doesn't happen.

You got lucky on that one then.

Edited by Sydney Fife, 03 May 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#125 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

My prediction is the branch gets shut down after the documentary aires = the end of The Office.

Edited by PlayStation, 09 May 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

#126 Mr. Shakermaker

Mr. Shakermaker

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,322 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

least funny episode ever, but SUCH A RELIEF to see Andy demoted (for lack of a better term), and great seeing jim and pam give Dwight props on the promotion. Does anybody else want to STRANGLE Pam for being so gosh darned selfish?! Absolutely disgustingly selfish
Posted Image

#127 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

That Episode Was AWESOME!!!

Really makes me sad that such a great show is going to end in 1 weeks time.

Absolutely loved this episode from start to finish!

#128 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

That episode was enjoyable.

Hope they bring back Michael for Dwights Wedding.

#129 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

That episode was enjoyable.

Hope they bring back Michael for Dwights Wedding.

I would be ecstatic if Michael Scott showed up even in the last 30 seconds of the episode, like he arrives late to the wedding and everyone sees him and just gives him a group hug or something.

#130 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Quite enjoyed this weeks episode. Even got a little chocked up at the end. Dwight and Jim play so well off each other and seems like a great way to end the series! Too bad Andy didn't quite earlier, I find his parts painful.

And how can they not bring back Michael Scott, he made the great show it was. Without him the show would not of lasted the 9 seasons with all the fanfare. Good news he was on the advertisement for the reunion show, so he would be nearby for the filming of the last episode. Fingers crossed to see one of the best television characters to return for one last episode!

Posted Image

#131 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Quite enjoyed this weeks episode. Even got a little chocked up at the end. Dwight and Jim play so well off each other and seems like a great way to end the series! Too bad Andy didn't quite earlier, I find his parts painful.

And how can they not bring back Michael Scott, he made the great show it was. Without him the show would not of lasted the 9 seasons with all the fanfare. Good news he was on the advertisement for the reunion show, so he would be nearby for the filming of the last episode. Fingers crossed to see one of the best television characters to return for one last episode!

He will have a very brief cameo, from what I've read...

Mindy, and B.J will also make an appearance.

Edit: Ricky is also supposed to show up.

Edited by (>o.o)>, 09 May 2013 - 11:35 PM.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#132 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Having watched for the past 6 or 7 years, I'm going to miss this show so much.

Everything fell into place in the end though, so I'm pretty happy. Can't wait for the finale. I'm almost certain that Carell will make an appearance at the wedding, even if they're keeping it quiet at the moment.

#133 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

As mentioned above, Carrell will be in the series finale next week. This has been confirmed.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#134 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

As mentioned above, Carrell will be in the series finale next week. This has been confirmed.

I don't know where you got this information but I don't care, I think I might have tears (man tears) if Michael Scott comes back for even 30 seconds of the episode.

#135 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Not sure if anyone actually wants to hear my review of last night's episode. I think to keep the peace, I'll say nothing further.

#136 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Not sure if anyone actually wants to hear my review of last night's episode. I think to keep the peace, I'll say nothing further.

Well now you have to tell us :lol:

With the exception of the stupid Andy storyline (I feel like I've said that far too many times this season) I don't think they could have ended things (in the office anyway) more perfectly.

#137 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

^^^

Fine.

I absolutely have to preface this by saying that:

1. I love The Office

and;

2. I understand that wrapping up a series is difficult and usually ends things in a predictable manner.

So now that that's out of the way, I'll go through the good and bad of last night's episode.

The Good:

1. The predictable, yet needed resolution to Dwight and Angela. More importantly, how well the writers have bridged the gap between Dwight and Jim's relationship. This has been handled very, very well.

2. Not showing the documentary at the end, just showing them watching it with Michael's voiceover. We, the viewers, have already seen the edited version of the clips, no need to revisit that. Seeing their reaction to the footage was good enough.

3. One last long "prank" by Jim, tricking Dwight into being the Assistant to the Assistant to the Regional Manager. The coffee bit was classic Dwight, and was a nice final send off.

The Bad: (in no particular order)

1. Darrel not saying goodbye. This was just stupid. On top of that, the staff dancing because that's what they wanted their last thing to be with him. Completely out of left field and really, was just a reason to stretch the episode into an hour.

2. Andy. What can be said about Andy. The early years he was fine and showed such promise. But it was really once he started dating Erin that his character started to decline, followed by a steep decline when he became Branch Manager. His part in the episode not only seemed meaningless, but his role in general on the series has been meaningless. Dedicated about 10 minutes of footage to him last night was not only failed on screen, but was unnecessary.

3. Kevin and the baby. Look, I like Kevin. And for the most part, I always get a laugh out of him. And yes, the bit was kind of funny. However, this was probably the most ludicrous situation we have seen Kevin in. Is The Office suppose to mirror real life to a tee? No. But the point of the characters in The Office is that you have seen this characters in real life, just not usually to this exageration. However, the Kevin/baby angle, to me, was the writers grasping at getting one more big laugh out of loveable Kevin.

4. You're going to hate me, but the Jim/Pam situation. It's not only last night, but it's been the "troubles" they been having all season, leading up to yesterdays Snow Patrol tearfest. Let's be honest, any person that is married goes through incredibly tough spells in their marriage. Long distance Jim working to support his family is not something new to people. Nor is it something that is made into a huge deal. However, the struggle in their marriage was manufactured to lead up to something we already knew and experienced over the last 9 years, Jim and Pam love each other, we'll show you the footage again.

Edited by Monty, 10 May 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#138 Wheres Fluffy

Wheres Fluffy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Anyone know if Steve Carell will be in the series finale?

#139 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

Weird ass episode so far

#140 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think the ending was alright I guess?

But Michael Scott's lines were a classic.

Goodbye to my favourite show.
Posted Image

#141 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm just sad that it's over.

I'm not going to complain about anything, it was the last episode and it was great. Made me laugh and it made me tear up at times.

Everything and everyone that I wanted to see was shown.

Good Bye, The Office.

Edited by Sydney Fife, 17 May 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#142 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Was a great finale. It really was. A little sad that it's all over now though.

Ptf4owj.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#143 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

"I can't believe you came." "That's what she said."
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#144 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

My only complaint is that we didn't get to see Steve reminisce about the old times... That would've been over the top.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#145 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

My only complaint is that we didn't get to see Steve reminisce about the old times... That would've been over the top.

Yeah, it felt like they included him in the episode just for the sake of it. I'd have liked to have seen him back at the office too.

I'm gutted though. What the hell am I going to replace this show with? :sadno:

#146 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,115 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

I hadn't watched the show since around Jim and Pam's wedding (so 3 years ago?) but I decided to watch the finale. Although I didn't think there were that many laughs (the best part was Meredith's son) I thought it was a good finale. I will be sad to see the show go.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#147 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Series finales (especially comedies) are notorious for letting people down. However, judging series finales like you would the rest of the episodes is, in my opinion, unfair, as it is usually done as a goodbye. Few laughs, weird resolution. This episode was no different.

I thought the 2 things done incredibly well, which were linked, was Ryan and Kelly running off together, while Nelly got Ryan's baby. Ryan and Kelly were missed this season, and the time they had on screen was absolutely classic. Really stole the episode.

#148 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,033 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

best series finale in recent memory.

#149 literaphile

literaphile

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

POPULAR

Great series finale. A fantastic episode.

I thought Steve Carell's part was perfect. Remember, he already made his exit from the show in season 7. This episode was for the other cast members to say goodbye. The brief cameo reminded us of the Michael Scott years but kept him at a safe distance to let the current cast members guide the show. Give him a bunch of lines and having them reminisce about the "good old days" would have overshadowed everything that the show was building up to. We got to see a glimpse of his current life - a wife and kids, what he always wanted - which was good enough for me.

#150 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Great series finale. A fantastic episode.

I thought Steve Carell's part was perfect. Remember, he already made his exit from the show in season 7. This episode was for the other cast members to say goodbye. The brief cameo reminded us of the Michael Scott years but kept him at a safe distance to let the current cast members guide the show. Give him a bunch of lines and having them reminisce about the "good old days" would have overshadowed everything that the show was building up to. We got to see a glimpse of his current life - a wife and kids, what he always wanted - which was good enough for me.

Yeah, I guess. Very well put.

Now that it's over I can't help but feel kind of empty. Which I realise is a bit stupid because it's just a TV show. I guess it's just had quite the influence on me and I'm sad to see it go.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 17 May 2013 - 01:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.