The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Ryan Kesler singled out as diver in NHL’s crackdown on embellishment

Alex the Great

well sometimes the truth hurts....

Kesler is a good player but his effectiveness is decreased when he dives. If just played hockey and did the right things that he is capable of doing he wouldn't be labelled a diver and would be much more effective. I mean why dive? If you want to dive, join a swimming team.

I disagree that Kesler is the worst in the league. pretty much all players do it. I remember last year against the Kings, and Kesler got cross checked in the back 4 times with no call. Then went down and the comentators called him a diver. Well maybe if one of the 4 infractions were called he wouldnt have to flop down. Does anyone understand that there are no pads on your back and it wouldnt take much to feel mass pain? Thats why its a penalty. It shouldnt matter if it happens to someone who embellishes. I think that Kesler's injury slowed him down and he had to change his game to adapt. Instead of barelling toward the net and dragging people behind, he didn't have the strength and was easier to take down. People hate us (Canucks and their fans) and they look at us more closely for reasons to hate us more. Comes with the territory. Thats why when people think of divers or floppers Keslers name comes up instead of others. Christ the guy has won the Selke once and was runner up a couple of times as well. If he was a known diver you think that he would even be concidered? IMO last season, with his injury, he went down more often and easier than years previous but not much more than many others. But he is a Canuck and so people want to find reasons to hate us more.

So,Diving is evil but slashing a player's knees ,back,wrists and ankles are a-ok when the Boston Bruins are playing for the Cup.

Give me a break.Ryan looks silly but he is not a hatchet man butcher Bruin.

This is the nonsense that really irks me.

The NHL Rules Committee should get a freaking clue.

As long as I don't see a Canuck two handing an opposition player or hacking him to pieces with a butt end or blade or knee or elbow I can see the entertainment value of diving.

It ain't hurting nobody,which is a lot more noble than a lot of players can stand by.

Ah yes, another anti-Canuck article disguised as league-wide anti-diving article. They bring up Kesler, but don't even bother to bring up guys like Marchand and Doughty?

When the media gets their head out of their butts and actually stops singling out the Canucks and looks at the league in general, then we will start to see progress.

Ah yes, another anti-Canuck article disguised as league-wide anti-diving article. They bring up Kesler, but don't even bother to bring up guys like Marchand and Doughty?

When the media gets their head out of their butts and actually stops singling out the Canucks and looks at the league in general, then we will start to see progress.

its pretty bad when its the russians these days fighting through hooks to score goals and its the americans diving. nhl needs to go to a review like nfl does just because there was no diving call made doesnt mean they didnt dive its a fast game and refs cant see it all almost all hooking penalties should be reviewed for the next few years and fined big time if its determind they dove on the play . kesler after the whistle should be an easy 10 grand fine and should go up by 10 grand every dive after becasue somthing seriously needs to be done or else its no better than soccer. and send the fines somewhere good and not the league the fines should go to the teams main charity . but with big finnancial penalties these guys would stop diving really quick and hockey was better when we could watch bure type players and bertuzzis fight off 3 hooks and score highlite real goals insted of doing snow angels everytime a stick is near you.

its pretty bad when its the russians these days fighting through hooks to score goals and its the americans diving. nhl needs to go to a review like nfl does just because there was no diving call made doesnt mean they didnt dive its a fast game and refs cant see it all almost all hooking penalties should be reviewed for the next few years and fined big time if its determind they dove on the play . kesler after the whistle should be an easy 10 grand fine and should go up by 10 grand every dive after becasue somthing seriously needs to be done or else its no better than soccer. and send the fines somewhere good and not the league the fines should go to the teams main charity . but with big finnancial penalties these guys would stop diving really quick and hockey was better when we could watch bure type players and bertuzzis fight off 3 hooks and score highlite real goals insted of doing snow angels everytime a stick is near you.

idgaf if he dives unless he gets caught then i'll get pissed, it's a great thing to have a talented diver on our team because powerplays=goals and goals are good. All you old "integrity of the game" freaks should give it up. Just long as he draws more penalties than he takes for diving I fully support Kes and his smart gamesmanship.

Archived