The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ARTICLE] Hockey Prospectus Top 100 Prospects (Includes 1 Canuck)

King of the ES

Those are pretty much just the first two rounds of the last couple drafts rearranged to make it look like some thought was put into it.

Gaunce is a sleeper pick. Anyone who does some research on this guy will realize that. I'm still amazed that he dropped as low as he did.

Jensen is way too low on that list. Sure he's got some inconsistency, but what prospect doesn't? He's alot closer to playing in the NHL than some of those players IMO.

No one should expect Mallet to be on any top list. He was not drafted to be a top offensive player, he was drafted to be a role player. Because that is what this team needs more of. He may have a lower ceiling than alot of the other players, but I like his chances of making the NHL at some point.

Those are pretty much just the first two rounds of the last couple drafts rearranged to make it look like some thought was put into it.

Gaunce is a sleeper pick. Anyone who does some research on this guy will realize that. I'm still amazed that he dropped as low as he did.

Jensen is way too low on that list. Sure he's got some inconsistency, but what prospect doesn't? He's alot closer to playing in the NHL than some of those players IMO.

No one should expect Mallet to be on any top list. He was not drafted to be a top offensive player, he was drafted to be a role player. Because that is what this team needs more of. He may have a lower ceiling than alot of the other players, but I like his chances of making the NHL at some point.

I agree that we could use more quality depth, but we've been lacking for some time in sure-fire top end talent outside of our goalies. It might not take much to get a forward or defenceman that is, and we have some that could turn into that, but it'd be nice to have someone really exciting in our prospect pool.

You don't find Jensen really exciting? I do. The guy has all the skill sets to be a top sniper in this league. All he needs is the confidence to play at the top level. Considering we got him 29th overall, we should all be thrilled.

Just cause this list has him at 88, doesn't mean he should be there. He has a higher ceiling than quite a few of those players listed ahead of him. He's shown that he can put up points in men's league's since he was 16. While alot of those players are still in junior, and are all still just hype.

This list also excludes 3 of our best prospects because of the fact that they have played a certain amount of pro games. Kassian, Schroeder, and Rodin are closer to being full-time NHLers than the majority of this list.

If this team can find a player like Tanev, and in two years turn him into a full time NHLer, I'm not too worried about us filling holes in the future when our current stars get older. That's why we invest more money in drafting and development than any team in the league.

Archived