42 replies to this topic

#31 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Both players healthy then I'd take Crosby any day. As for if I was picking for next season, I'd still take Crosby because I believe his concussion issues are behind him after all his time off plus extended off season training due to the lockout. Malkin always seems to have a nagging injury at least every other season, usually his knees or hips. Joint problems are pretty hard to overcome. And Crosby has never had any joint issues.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 01 October 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#32 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Crosby would have one of the most impressive trophy cases in NHL history, at the age of 25, if not for his injury history. The guy lead the league in PPG every year that he was injured and is 4th all-time in PPG.

When they're both healthy, it's Crosby.

If ifs and buts were candys and nuts wouldn't it be a wonderful Xmas.

#33 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Crosby would have one of the most impressive trophy cases in NHL history, at the age of 25, if not for his injury history. The guy lead the league in PPG every year that he was injured and is 4th all-time in PPG.

When they're both healthy, it's Crosby.

You're right, the league should just pro rate Crosby's stats every year. So last year he really should've had 138 points and the year before 132 points. With those point totals, Crosby would've easily been awarded the Art Ross and the league should also take back the Hart Trophies won by Perry and Malkin and given it to Crosby.

#34 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

What are you talking about? Malkin only missed 7 games last year and Sid wasn't in the lineup for any of those games. When Crosby did come back last season, Sid scored 37 points in 22 games, while Malkin had 35 points in those 22 games. Guess Malkin had his own dominent stretch as well.

As for the year when Sid got 120 points, he was mostly playing with Recchi and Malone. Recchi does have over 1500 career points so he knows how to score. As for Ekman, he only played 34 games in one season with the Pens, scored 15 points and by then, Malkin was already on the team.

I was clearly referring to the 2010-11 season, where Malkin struggled through a nagging knee injury for the first half of the season and couldn't play to anywhere near his potential. Crosby carried that team.
Posted Image

#35 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

You're right, the league should just pro rate Crosby's stats every year. So last year he really should've had 138 points and the year before 132 points. With those point totals, Crosby would've easily been awarded the Art Ross and the league should also take back the Hart Trophies won by Perry and Malkin and given it to Crosby.

Thank you for missing my point. When he's healthy, Crosby's the best player in the game. His biggest detractor is that he has concussion problems. But if he played more, he'd have been far more decorated. If that "excuse" works with Bossy and Lemieux, why not Crosby?

Was Marcus Naslund just as good, if not better than Peter Forsberg and Eric Lindros because his trophy case was comparably stocked?
Posted Image

#36 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Malkin was in and out of the line up for the first half of last season, with a nagging injury, and Crosby had one of the most dominant stretches of hockey in the last 20 years. Not to mention, Crosby has been playing against the other teams' top defenders since he was 18. When Malkin went on his Conn Smythe run, Crosby was the one matching up against the other teams' best defenders.

As well, James Neil is a pretty damn good player and, even in Dallas, was pegged as a 60-70 point guy in his prime. Crosby put up 120 points with Nils Ekman and Colby Armstrong and plays most of his hockey with Pascal Dupuis.

So factually wrong with this post.

#37 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

So factually wrong with this post.

When I said Malkin was out last season, I meant 2010-2011 (we haven't really started a new season yet). Outside of that, everything is still factual. Malkin had a nagging injury through most of that season and eventually missed the rest of the season with an ACL and MCL tear. During the first half of the season, when Malkin wasn't playing very well at all, Crosby was on fire and carried that team.

In the year that he scored 120 points, he had a revolving door of wingers. Armstrong, Ekman, Malone, and Recchi all played on his wing during that season. Malone wasn't even put on Crosby's line until December of that year. Currently, Pascal Dupuis has played on Crosby's wing more than any other player on the Pens.

Anyone who followed Dallas knows that Neil was being touted as one of the league's best up-and-coming power forwards and was capable of putting up 70 points in his prime.

And Crosby HAS played against the league's best defenders for his entire career and matched up against the other teams' best defenders in the 2008 cup run.

But, yeah, you're right... everything in my post is just incorrect nonsense.

Edited by nowhereman, 01 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Posted Image

#38 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Crosby. He's a type of guy that you only get once per decade. When he plays, he's 20% better than anyone else in the league. When he plays healthy, he's 30% better.

There's just no one even close to his level.

Edited by ajhockey, 02 October 2012 - 12:42 AM.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#39 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

that's like asking , who is better henrik or danial

#40 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

that's like asking , who is better henrik or danial

That's simple. I think most will pick Henrik. He does have the Hart Trophy and hasn't missed a game since 2004.

#41 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Crosby is the best player in the world. Malkin is definitely a superstar in this league, either one would be unreal to have on your hockey team, but Crosby is hands down the better player.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#42 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,457 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

That's simple.  I think most will pick Henrik.  He does have the Hart Trophy and hasn't missed a game since 2004.

I'd pick Daniel. Goals win hockey games not assists.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#43 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Malkin. Crosby way overrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.