The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler out 'til January due to offseason shoulder, and wrist surgeries...

Spencer Drew

Oh how funny, people making fun of someone for breaking news that was mildly old. News flash, not all of us are reading hockey news every day by the minute anymore because the lockout is BS and we actually like to WATCH sports, not read about retarded lawyer negotiations. I found the thread to be informative, and I certainly hope Kesler recovers well--he's obviously one of the keys for us ever winning a cup with this core. Thanks for the post OP.

I remember hearing about Drew Brees tearing his labrum like kes a few years back.

Brees had a similar procedure to repair it and he was never the same.

You dam well know the chargers are happy they let him walk.

How stupid would the Dolphins looked if they woulda signed him hahaha!!! Man oh man!!

So ya, you are correct it's totally hopeless.

Kes is done

Lucky there's a lockout then. This is a blessing in disguise - the Canucks would have struggled with 1 offensive centerman for 3 months.

This team is quickly falling from the bullet-proof squad it once was and now more and more holes are emerging. We still lack defensive depth and quality (only 4 guys who can play 20-minutes of decent defence, so we'd be in trouble with injuries) and most importantly our depth at center is now shocking.

We've gone from Henrik (100pt player), Kesler (70pt player), Hodgson (40pt player), Lapierre (30pt player) and Malhotra (30pt player) to Henrik (80pt player), Lapierre (30pt player) and Malhotra (20pt player). That's scarily thin where it matters most.

Lucky there's a lockout then. This is a blessing in disguise - the Canucks would have struggled with 1 offensive centerman for 3 months.

This team is quickly falling from the bullet-proof squad it once was and now more and more holes are emerging. We still lack defensive depth and quality (only 4 guys who can play 20-minutes of decent defence, so we'd be in trouble with injuries) and most importantly our depth at center is now shocking.

We've gone from Henrik (100pt player), Kesler (70pt player), Hodgson (40pt player), Lapierre (30pt player) and Malhotra (30pt player) to Henrik (80pt player), Lapierre (30pt player) and Malhotra (20pt player). That's scarily thin where it matters most.

Injury prone much? And for the people who think the lockout is a blessing, it's really not. Kesler has had surgery on both hips, his shoulder, and now his wrist. You never really seem to recover 100% from these things, and even if he like recovered 95-99% of the way he was before, with so many surgeries, to so many areas, it's really just going to chip away.

His shoulders and wrist will likely bugger up his shot, which considering last year, was already kind of buggered up. His hips will hurt his speed and a lot of his core strength. Could be worse, could be his knee but.. kinda like Havlat and Gaborik. They were really good players, and then had so many problems with nagging injuries it just took away from them in a big way.

Our second line already blew, and another year passed without MG doing anything about it. And now we have a diminishing Kesler, and an aging set of twins on the top line. Our prospect pool is pretty pathetic.. so yeah. The window probably already passed, but get ready for some mediocre hockey in the next few years if some trades or amazing signings don't happen very quickly.

Trainers are hugely responsible for this. As a trainer they should know when players are ready to go on the ice 100%.

Everybody knew by watching Kesler that he didn't have it. Yet instead of shutting him down and thinking about his and the teams future, the regular season was more important.

We have the stupidest coaching staff and trainers in the league.

Also, no Hodgson so whose gonna replace Kesler? Kassian? mj-laughing.gif

Funny how the team thought he would be ready for the start of the season, and so did he after the surgery.

Then as soon as most people started realizing the possibility of the lockout, he hit a snag in his rehab.

Now he's not ready till January.

Weird thing is, injured players still get paid. Smart move by Keslers' agent. I remember how strange it was back in the summer when his agent freaked out when the Canucks' said he might be ready for October. Jumping up and down saying "No, No, NO!!!!"

I would be willing to bet if the lockout suddenly ended in late November, Kesler would be good to go.

I would not question Kesler or his agents character as much as I'd question the Canuck medical staff and the way they report and deal with injuries.

Kesler

hodgson

Mitchell

All had "errors" in regards to their injuries and I figure I've temporarily forgotten a few more mistakes.

Trainers are hugely responsible for this. As a trainer they should know when players are ready to go on the ice 100%.

Everybody knew by watching Kesler that he didn't have it. Yet instead of shutting him down and thinking about his and the teams future, the regular season was more important.

We have the stupidest coaching staff and trainers in the league.

Also, no Hodgson so whose gonna replace Kesler? Kassian? mj-laughing.gif

Personally, I don't think he'll ever be the same player. Hip surgery, wrist surgery, shoulder surgery...just seems like he's beat up all the time. Hopefully he comes back 100% and can become that dominant player we saw during "the year that shall not be named"....but, in my opinion, it doesnt look promising.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong! :towel:

Sometimes athletes make the choice to go out even though they know they are injured because they can't bear to let their teammates & fans down. Look at Willis Reed in a game 7 playoff game, he was ruled out but instead he came on and played, mind you he only scored the 1st 2 baskets, sometimes you can't keep the players out of the game and Kes belongs in this kind of category.

Archived