The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

From the WrestleZone forums:

I was thinking about this after I realized Rey Mysterio was #30 and there was no chance on Bryan entering the Rumble.

When you look at the spot JBL came in, that seems weird to have a surprise entrant that late from the announce booth. When Booker T, Lawler, and Cole entered they all had gear on underneath. JBL had none of it.

Could we as fans be aggravated for selfish reasons at this point? Bryan had a concussion and there was a strong possibility that the match with Bray Wyatt wouldn't even take place. He competed (match of the night) anyway and took a vicious looking bump on the barricade with that Sister Abigail at the end. Could WWE decided at the point to play it safe and not risk his health even further at the RR? Could that have been why JBL ended up in the match?

I'm with this guy. Seemed odd that JBL was the 'surprise' entrant, went in with a suit, and got tossed right back out to do commentary. They could have told JBL in his headset that he's going in. All around awkward/weird that he just walked in and turned his back to give his suit jacket.

If this was planned at all, I'd imagine they would have at least hit a Clothesline from Hell in the ring before getting tossed.

Thoughts?

I feel like, as a fan, they just gave us all the finger. Such a shame to see the Rumble end with booing, when it's a face in the ring.

This Rumble was a big disappointment...Rey Mysterio at number 30 was just a joke and fans were booing so hard

Agreed, it was absolutely embarrassing. But it was great.

Mysterio & Batista never should have got booed, Rey didn't do anything, it was a joke, should have had him come in at 29 instead or something.

Then you have Batista win, then he gets booed cause they have screwed up repeatedly with Bryan. His return just got killed in there & it shouldn't have happened.

It was great that the crowd crapped all over the rumble & the Orton/Cena match, I loved those chants "this is awful" "we want refunds" exc. It was just great.

Great that the fans have spoken & if they don't get the message loud and clear then I don't know what to say.

From the WrestleZone forums:

I'm with this guy. Seemed odd that JBL was the 'surprise' entrant, went in with a suit, and got tossed right back out to do commentary. They could have told JBL in his headset that he's going in. All around awkward/weird that he just walked in and turned his back to give his suit jacket.

If this was planned at all, I'd imagine they would have at least hit a Clothesline from Hell in the ring before getting tossed.

Thoughts?

Yeah seems possible.

Lol at Batista fingering the crowd. Just go away guy. Nobody wanted to see you win the rumble, and not many were sad to see you leave when you did the first time. Nobody asked to see you in a title match, let alone one as bland as you vs. Orton of all people.

The WWE product always cycles between brief highs, and long drawn out lows, but it seems they didn't bother to go with the high this time and just doubled down on the low.

Agreed, it was absolutely embarrassing. But it was great.

Mysterio & Batista never should have got booed, Rey didn't do anything, it was a joke, should have had him come in at 29 instead or something.

Then you have Batista win, then he gets booed cause they have screwed up repeatedly with Bryan. His return just got killed in there & it shouldn't have happened.

The boos weren't only feeding off the Bryan frustration. It played a large part sure, but it had just as much to do with Batista and Mysterio themselves. They represent that staleness and inability from the company to move on. There are so many deserving and capable people deserving the limelight, but these prime spots go to these two has-beens.

If say Reigns won instead of batista, the final 3 consisted of Punk and whoever, instead of Batista and Sheamus, and the 30th was any A list wrestler, and not Mysterio, then you would probably get cheers, and at worst, mild disinterest, instead of the strong chorus of boos. So yes, the people are as disinterested in Batista and Mysterio as they are in Orton and Cena. It's not just about Bryan.

The boos weren't only feeding off the Bryan frustration. It played a large part sure, but it had just as much to do with Batista and Mysterio themselves. They represent that staleness and inability from the company to move on. There are so many deserving and capable people deserving the limelight, but these prime spots go to these two has-beens.

If say Reigns won instead of batista, the final 3 consisted of Punk and whoever, instead of Batista and Sheamus, and the 30th was any A list wrestler, and not Mysterio, then you would probably get cheers, and at worst, mild disinterest, instead of the strong chorus of boos. So yes, the people are as disinterested in Batista and Mysterio as they are in Orton and Cena. It's not just about Bryan.

No man.

I get where you are coming from, but not that much, Orton/Cena it the extreme example of stale, they may be tired of Batista/Mysterio but not on that level.

Mysterio hasn't gotten anything, so I don't see how he's a has been the people are tired of, he hasn't been anything in a long time, his boos came from it being him coming out at 30 and not Bryan, if they have him at 28 or 29 or some other spot, he doesn't get booed.

Batista I partially agree with, I think people didn't want to see him, but I do think it was more so wanting Bryan than hating Batista. Alot more so.

What happened tonight IMO just speaks to how over Daniel Bryan is, and how tired they are of being told what to like.

It was great. That crowd was awesome, the WWE got buried.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

foley's tweet is now at 18,000 RT. it's as if every single person (plus a couple thousand more) in the building retweeted all at once

When the ultimate company guy in Foley (who even swallowed his pride & made the insanely absurd comment that Cena is "the king of extreme") turns on this product & speaks the truth.

You know its bad.

I already knew Bryan wasn't going to be in the Rumble, when no one on the panel mentioned him as a favourite. Plus, I read somewhere that he was only doing the match with Bray, due to his concussion.

I'm more upset at the teasing of a breakup with the Shield and of course Jericho not appearing.

No man.

I get where you are coming from, but not that much, Orton/Cena it the extreme example of stale, they may be tired of Batista/Mysterio but not on that level.

Mysterio hasn't gotten anything, so I don't see how he's a has been the people are tired of, he hasn't been anything in a long time, his boos came from it being him coming out at 30 and not Bryan, if they have him at 28 or 29 or some other spot, he doesn't get booed.

Batista I partially agree with, I think people didn't want to see him, but I do think it was more so wanting Bryan than hating Batista. Alot more so.

What happened tonight IMO just speaks to how over Daniel Bryan is, and how tired they are of being told what to like.

It was great. That crowd was awesome, the WWE got buried.

Those two guys were there cycling titles with Cena and Orton when the WWE first began its treck downwards. The fans like them as novelties, but not as serious competitiors, going for titles, and claiming last entrant in the Royal Rumble, over people who otherwise deserve it, Daniel Bryan more so than everyone else. (If it has to do with his concussion more than anything, than that's a shame. But if that's the case, he shouldn't have been wrestling altogether.) Batista and Mysterio are the guys who'll get brief pops based on nostalgia, but it's the kind of stuff that wears off. With those two it's more of Vince and HHH giving the spots to their buddies and favourites, rather than looking to how they can better the product in the future.

I don't think the people making the decisions expected boos this strong, but everyone involved, including the poorer wrestlers thrown into the fire, deserve it. I would maybe have had some sympathy for the guys having to endure those boos, but hearing of Batista fingering the crowd and what not, I feel it very hard to.

Those two guys were there cycling titles with Cena and Orton when the WWE first began its treck downwards. The fans like them as novelties, but not as serious competitiors, going for titles, and claiming last entrant in the Royal Rumble, over people who otherwise deserve it, Daniel Bryan more so than everyone else. (If it has to do with his concussion more than anything, than that's a shame. But if that's the case, he shouldn't have been wrestling altogether.) Batista and Mysterio are the guys who'll get brief pops based on nostalgia, but it's the kind of stuff that wears off. With those two it's more of Vince and HHH giving the spots to their buddies and favourites, rather than looking to how they can better the product in the future.

I don't think the people making the decisions expected boos this strong, but everyone involved, including the poorer wrestlers thrown into the fire, deserve it. I would maybe have had some sympathy for the guys having to endure those boos, but hearing of Batista fingering the crowd and what not, I feel it very hard to.

I agree, the person I feel bad for is Mysterio because he didn't deserve the boos, he didn't put himself out there at 30, they had him go out there. And they shouldn't have, it would have been awesome to have that be Nash & have him get the boos. Or even Del Rio, but not Mysterio, he didn't do anything to deserve that.

And Daniel Bryan deserves the spot over everyone, and it goes back to when they had him in the mainevent so they could try to get some rub for Cena.

Hopefully this got through to the morons that run this company.

When the second Uso, Jey I think, came out there was no crowd reaction at all. They knew it was getting down to only a few more entrants and started getting upset.

I figured Bryan wouldn't be in it because he started the show with that great match with Bray.

So, this is the 4th straight year that the fans have been pissed at the rumble winner.

2011: Del Rio won, when it should have been Punk's year to win.

2012: Sheamus won, when it should have been Jericho.

2013: Cena won, when it should have been anybody other than him.

2014: Batista won, when it should have been Bryan or Regins.

Should we just skip 2015, then?