The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

I HAVE ON(ONE) QUESTION FOR THOSE CHIRPING (ME) FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE REGARDING KADRI VS HAVING SOME MAN CRUSH VERY SIMILAR TO THE LOU MAN CRUSH PEOPLE HAVE ON HERE.

YOU HAVE A LINE WITH KADRI ON OUR SECOND LINE

NOOOOW(NOW).....HERE'S THE LOGIC, GET READY FOR IT OK! SIT DOWN AND THINK FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH THAT THING INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THINK

YOU HAVE HIM ON OUR SECOND LINE, LET ALONE OUR ROSTER

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....I'LL SPELL IT OUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T QUITE GET MY POINT

HE CAN'T MAKE A TEAM THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 8 YEARS, AND IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN OFFENSIVE CENTER, BUT SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, JUST BECAUSE HE'S HAD A PT(POINT) PER GAME IN THE AHL HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON A TEAM THAT WENT THE THE CUP 2(TWO) YEARS AGO AND IS A FAVORITE.

BUT AGAIN, HE CAN'T MAKE THE LEAFS...HMMM

THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME...

:frantic:

I HAVE ON QUESTION FOR THOSE CHIRPING FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE REGARDING KADRI VS HAVING SOME MAN CRUSH VERY SIMILAR TO THE LOU MAN CRUSH PEOPLE HAVE ON HERE.

YOU HAVE A LINE WITH KADRI ON OUR SECOND LINE

NOOOOW.....HERE'S THE LOGIC, GET READY FOR IT OK! SIT DOWN AND THINK FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH THAT THING INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THINK

YOU HAVE HIM ON OUR SECOND LINE, LET ALONE OUR ROSTER

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....I'LL SPELL IT OUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T QUITE GET MY POINT

HE CAN'T MAKE A TEAM THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 8 YEARS, AND IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN OFFENSIVE CENTER, BUT SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, JUST BECAUSE HE'S HAD A PT PER GAME IN THE AHL HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON A TEAM THAT WENT THE THE CUP 2 YEARS AGO AND IS A FAVORITE.

BUT AGAIN, HE CAN'T MAKE THE LEAFS...HMMM

THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME...

:frantic:

Your right you certaintly did that for us all. :blink:

1. Most of us don't have a man-crush on Kadri (myself included in the Don't category) we are just willing to be fair in our judgment of him.

2. No one (Atleast myself) is guarenteeing him that spot, but merely suggesting it could be a fit for these reasons:

- We are in need of a 2nd line Playmaking/Offensive winger

- Kadri Can play wing and is a Playmaking/Offensive player.

Put 2 and 2 together and you will see that it seems like a match that might work out.

3. Kadri wouldn't have as much pressure and onus put on the other area's of his game on our team, he would just be looked for to produce offensive and manage decent play elsewhere. plus MG seems certaintly more willing than BB and the TML to give prospect's chances once they earn it like Kadri has with his amazing play in the AHL.

Plus there is seems as if there are issue's there with the managment, Kadri hasn't been absolutley outstanding at the NHL leve everyone can agree on that, but he has been better than alot of players when he has been there, he has played well, and they rarely give him a fair shake. Also add in that in the AHL he out plays people who get unfairly called up before him.

Why don't we ask Josh Holden to come back as well...he was a heck of a player in Junior and the AHL

Look you know very little about hockey and its clear. I know alot more, suck it up. I'm right you're wrong time will show it.

3 years ago i was on here and attacked bc I said Schnieds was a better goalie and said exactly what played out between our goalies would and that Lou would be gone, and had suggested Lou should be traded when his value was high.

I was right others were wrong because I can judge hockey talent. You can't from your point and that's fine. But your simpleton logic of pts in the AHL = 2nd line player in the NHL has been proven wrong over the course of history MORE than proven right.

What tends to matter is being exceptional at:

1. Skating if you don't have size (which he isn't he's ok).

2. Having size if you're only an OK skater.

3. Consistency = yes he's been consistent at the AHL level so can't argue there.

4. Committement = has shown he's not given his attitude towards training

5. Drive = None, has been given every oppty to make a crap, non playoff team in need of an offensive center and can't even stick, not come in and play like Tavares, I am talking STICK with the big club and develop

6. Addressing your game shortcomings and having Mgmt and Coaches on your side because you are - its called being coachable. He has been vilified by his coaches and GM.

So say all you want. Facts are Facts and if you're like to send him some flowers and ask for a date I know where he hangs out in Toronto.

4. Committement = has shown he's not given his attitude towards training

5. Drive = None, has been given every oppty to make a crap, non playoff team in need of an offensive center and can't even stick, not come in and play like Tavares, I am talking STICK with the big club and develop

6. Addressing your game shortcomings and having Mgmt and Coaches on your side because you are - its called being coachable. He has been vilified by his coaches and GM.

So say all you want. Facts are Facts and if you're like to send him some flowers and ask for a date I know where he hangs out in Toronto.

Let me guess, you were probably one of the people calling Hodgson a useless piece of crap after being drafted in 2008 and not making it to the Nhl until 2011. I'm guessing you and your infinite hockey wisdom probably also thought Mason Raymond was the next coming of Pavel Bure and would be a consistant 30 goal scorer, only to call for his head a couple years later.

If you're smarter than everybody else, as you claim, I would at least think you would be able to interpret posts properly as I never said Kadri had a guaranteed spot in the top 6, rather that he would be able to help us in that position moving forward for what skillset he brings to the table. Its called potential, and I said we should be happy getting a player that has potential rather than just third line plugs and low draft picks and move on.

Maybe Nhl be a gm mode tells you you're great, maybe when your mom brings kraft dinner down to you in your basment when you're playing Nhl alone all weekend she kisses you on the forhead and tells you you're the best, but you're a troll.

By the way, in the 2 seasons that Kadri has been a pro hes, played just under half of his games in the Nhl anyway. Chris Krieder from the same draft year hasn`t played a regular season game in the Nhl, is he a bust too.... What about Brayden Schenn, he`s played 12 more games in the Nhl than Kadri yet has the same amount of points....

I know you will be in highschool all day so it will be a while until you can come home, mom can cook you a snack, and then you can get back to the basement and respond to this, but no worries I can wait.

SO HAVE A GOOD DAY UR SO SMART ERMAHGERD CAPS LOCKS!!

“I’ve been putting in a lot of work off the ice as I have on the ice,” Kadri said. “It’s nice to see it pay off. I’ve been buying into the system. I’ve been doing everything that I possibly can to make myself better. It seems like I’m starting to get the luck of the draw lately. But, by all means, I have to continue producing.”

You appear to be a very young or very frustrated person (or perhaps both). When you don't agree with someone's opionion, you become rude and/or start overexagerating their comments (ie: fan thinks Kadri is the next Stevie Y, etc or the crap about Lu's meltdown - I've noticed you keep repeating these points). I am not a Kadri fanboy, but I do believe the FACTS that I wrote support the notion that he is too young to be called a bust. As are many of the Nucks prospects that are the same age. It's more than likely that Kadri will be a decent NHL player, which puts him in an elite class of atheletes.

This man love thing you keep bringing up about Kadri is just a way for you to poke fun at us for defending him, rather than coming up with a good point to back-up your argument.

As I have said many times, there are clearly issue's and as I just mention in my last post, I'm sure MG would be much more willing to give him a long and fair chance, something Burke hasn't seemed about to do.

And either way what is a bigger need for the? A star goalie like Lu or for Kadri to step up as a depth scorer? (Which they have plenty of, all of which are unpreforming)

I don't deal well with stupidity and there is alot of that on here...

Alot of 21 yr olds who've never laced them up and think they know better than Burke, Wilson and Eakins.

Its not that they like a player its the ridiculous arrogance that they think the above...but I digress we can't convince Gen Y that they are wrong can we...that's the curse of their generation. They think because they got trophies for failing they are always right...

I don't deal well with stupidity and there is alot of that on here...

Alot of 21 yr olds who've never laced them up and think they know better than Burke, Wilson and Eakins.

Its not that they like a player its the ridiculous arrogance that they think the above...but I digress we can't convince Gen Y that they are wrong can we...that's the curse of their generation. They think because they got trophies for failing they are always right...

Did you ever think that the Leafs continue to fail due to their lack of ability to assess talent? Maybe Kadri is exactly the piece they need, but they haven't given him a chance because they are unable to properly evaluate potential. I mean, why would a team that hasn't made the playoffs for 8 years automatically know more about talent evaluation than someone on a hockey message board? They clearly suck, and have sucked for ages. For all you know, Kadri could be exactly the thing they need but they have their heads so far up their rearends that they can't see that.

Did you ever think that the Leafs continue to fail due to their lack of ability to assess talent? Maybe Kadri is exactly the piece they need, but they haven't given him a chance because they are unable to properly evaluate potential. I mean, why would a team that hasn't made the playoffs for 8 years automatically know more about talent evaluation than someone on a hockey message board? They clearly suck, and have sucked for ages. For all you know, Kadri could be exactly the thing they need but they have their heads so far up their rearends that they can't see that.

#1 - It's hard to take someone serious when they post in all caps locks

#2 - Usually when someone has to say over and over, in your case pretty much every post, that they are smarter than everyone else and everyone else is stupid it is more often than not that person who is the idiot

#3 - As Gollumpus pointed out you said you have been around here for years, yet your tag says your profile was created in August, which leads me to believe you have been banned before in the past, further proving my point that you are a troll and shouldn't be taken seriously

#4 - The most important part, which you can't seem to wrap your head around, is that this is a discussion about Luongo being moved, not a " I know more than the rest of you idiots thread". I am not a Kadri fanboy as you put it, I am a fan of let's moveLuongo for the best package possible. I've stated why I think Kadri is acceptable in a trade, GIVEN OUR LIMITED OPTIONS, all you have done is say Kadri is terrible, but you have never said what a better option is, only resorting to name calling. You said Kadri hasn't proven anything like John Tavares has..... So what the hell is your point ?!? Are the islanders offering him up for Luongo????? Tell me, what do you propose is the best option besides Kadri if the leafs are one of our only options?

....... And don't say Gardiner an a first zomg!

Archived