The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

Would you still feel the same way if that article about his body fat had never come out? What about if there was a full regular season this year, and after 10-12 games in the ahl he got called up to the NHL. Would you still be callling him a bust? You say he hasn't made it in 3 years and has been given every oppurtunity to do so...... how does that make sense if theirs a LOCKOUT? He could be on the team right now. :huh:

I HAVE ON QUESTION FOR THOSE CHIRPING FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE REGARDING KADRI VS HAVING SOME MAN CRUSH VERY SIMILAR TO THE LOU MAN CRUSH PEOPLE HAVE ON HERE.

YOU HAVE A LINE WITH KADRI ON OUR SECOND LINE

NOOOOW.....HERE'S THE LOGIC, GET READY FOR IT OK! SIT DOWN AND THINK FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH THAT THING INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THINK

YOU HAVE HIM ON OUR SECOND LINE, LET ALONE OUR ROSTER

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....I'LL SPELL IT OUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T QUITE GET MY POINT

HE CAN'T MAKE A TEAM THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 8 YEARS, AND IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN OFFENSIVE CENTER, BUT SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, JUST BECAUSE HE'S HAD A PT PER GAME IN THE AHL HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON A TEAM THAT WENT THE THE CUP 2 YEARS AGO AND IS A FAVORITE.

BUT AGAIN, HE CAN'T MAKE THE LEAFS...HMMM

THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE TO ME...

:frantic:

Wow... not even going to read this.

When did King lose his crown of evil in this thread?

Who is this new BuretoMogilny chump?

You're on King's turf son.

He's the angry opinionated one around here, so you'll have to try a different angle.

If you care to re-type that post with out raising your voice, then I might read it.

Also, did you used to be clutch?

I HAVE ON QUESTION FOR THOSE CHIRPING FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PICTURE REGARDING KADRI VS HAVING SOME MAN CRUSH VERY SIMILAR TO THE LOU MAN CRUSH PEOPLE HAVE ON HERE.

NOOOOW.....HERE'S THE LOGIC, GET READY FOR IT OK! SIT DOWN AND THINK FOR A FEW MOMENTS WITH THAT THING INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THINK

WHEN.......

HE CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE LEAFS.....I'LL SPELL IT OUT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T QUITE GET MY POINT

HE CAN'T MAKE A TEAM THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN 8 YEARS, AND IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN OFFENSIVE CENTER, BUT SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, JUST BECAUSE HE'S HAD A PT PER GAME IN THE AHL HE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO BE ON A TEAM THAT WENT THE THE CUP 2 YEARS AGO AND IS A FAVORITE.

WHEN.......

Kadri is 17th overall in AHL points (1pt out of 12th). I'd say that's a very good placement, considering all the top prospects playing in the AHL this year. BTW, no Canuck prospect in top 100. :shock:

Regarding the body fat issue; some coaches think they can motivate players by making derogatory remarks (re Alain Vignault). There's growing information that BMI's are not always a good indication of an athelete's fitness level.

From Wikipedia - "While BMI largely increases as adiposity increases, due to differences in body composition it is not necessarily an accurate indicator of body fat; for example, individuals with greater muscle mass will have higher BMIs."

And from About.com - "Researchers are cautioning against the use of BMI as a way to determine a person's percent of body fat - especially for athletes. BMI (body mass index) has been used for some time as a standard measurement of healthy weight versus obesity. But the questions around this measurement have been growing steadily. One study done at Michigan State University measured the BMI of more than 400 college athletes and nonathletes. They found that in most cases the student’s BMI did not accurately reflect his or her percentage of body fat."

The fact that Kadri is in the top 20 AHL stats indicates that he is a very fit player playing against the top prospects in the world.

Please refrain saying I have a 'mancrush' on this player. :picard: I just don't like how you (buretomogilney) are painting this guy as fat and with bad attitude. :sadno: I think you will be looking like a fool in the upcoming year or two. :frantic:

Kadri is 17th overall in AHL points (1pt out of 12th). I'd say that's a very good placement, considering all the top prospects playing in the AHL this year. BTW, no Canuck prospect in top 100. :shock:

Regarding the body fat issue; some coaches think they can motivate players by making derogatory remarks (re Alain Vignault). There's growing information that BMI's are not always a good indication of an athelete's fitness level.

From Wikipedia - "While BMI largely increases as adiposity increases, due to differences in body composition it is not necessarily an accurate indicator of body fat; for example, individuals with greater muscle mass will have higher BMIs."

And from About.com - "Researchers are cautioning against the use of BMI as a way to determine a person's percent of body fat - especially for athletes. BMI (body mass index) has been used for some time as a standard measurement of healthy weight versus obesity. But the questions around this measurement have been growing steadily. One study done at Michigan State University measured the BMI of more than 400 college athletes and nonathletes. They found that in most cases the student’s BMI did not accurately reflect his or her percentage of body fat."

The fact that Kadri is in the top 20 AHL stats indicates that he is a very fit player playing against the top prospects in the world.

Please refrain saying I have a 'mancrush' on this player. :picard: I just don't like how you (buretomogilney) are painting this guy as fat and with bad attitude. :sadno: I think you will be looking like a fool in the upcoming year or two. :frantic:

Don't waste your time. You can't even get BuretoMogilny to admit Kadri had potential. He didn't Make the NHL as a 19 or 20 year old, and his coach said he was 5 pounds over weight......... HE'S USELESS!

Quote from Gilman on team 1040 today. In relation to the benching of Kassian, Schoeder, Connaughton, etc and very related to this discussion about Kadri and all the comments about 'haven't given him a chance etc etc'

"Players need to learn that they are not owed a position in the NHL. If they don't give a consistent effort night to night in the AHL you can't expect them to do so in the NHL"

Hmm..perhaps Kadri hasn't earned a spot as I said, and not this sillyness about him being good enough but just politicked out of a spot because he's not liked lol

Gilman, another hockey guy, just stated my whole argument with that quote. You earn your spot in the NHL its not given to you. If you don't earn it you don;t get it.

Kadri hasnt earned it, and won't.

Quote from Gilman on team 1040 today. In relation to the benching of Kassian, Schoeder, Connaughton, etc and very related to this discussion about Kadri and all the comments about 'haven't given him a chance etc etc'

"Players need to learn that they are not owed a position in the NHL. If they don't give a consistent effort night to night in the AHL you can't expect them to do so in the NHL"

Hmm..perhaps Kadri hasn't earned a spot as I said, and not this sillyness about him being good enough but just politicked out of a spot because he's not liked lol

Gilman, another hockey guy, just stated my whole argument with that quote. You earn your spot in the NHL its not given to you. If you don't earn it you don;t get it.

Archived