The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT- Wolves vs. Heat Weekend

Ryan Murray

This extra minor league seasoning is a working wonders for Kassian. The lockout year back in 04-05 really allowed some big time players to blossom in the AHL and it could be happening again to our kid here! His confidence must be sky high right now, he is really excelling at the AHL level. I know it's early, but I can't see how we don't make out alright with that trade here, especially considering Kassian is a full year younger than Hodgson.

Alexandre Mallet: B+

- I think he could be our Andrew Shaw, he was very impressive tonight, not just the fight and the big hit, but on the ice he was flying, agitating, and really was everywhere aswell, one of those guys that really stood out tonight, it was great to see him has some shifts with better players as the game went along..

That's kind of the problem. In the NHL there are more tight checking teams, esp in the W. conference. Every season we see more teams adopting this type of system. If he's having trouble creating room for himself in the AHL, there's a good chance it'll be magnified in the NHL. In a dream world you'd flank him with 2 big wingers, but the Canucks don't have an abundance of them on their current roster. You can design icetime for young guys, but it's a lot more challenging if he can only play with a certain style of player. It's limiting.

Didn't see the games but from the interviews sounds like the fans were really supportive of our boys, which is great to see. Crowd chanting Eddie Eddie, seems to have put a smile on Lack's face. Those things matter, when these young guys know that fans in our city are cheering for them, want them to be successful, can only help in their motivation to not only make the club, but also to stick around when things get tough. Glad to hear such positive comments from Arneil on Kassian and Lack, good coach, pumping up the tires, of the young potential stars of the future.

This extra minor league seasoning is a working wonders for Kassian. The lockout year back in 04-05 really allowed some big time players to blossom in the AHL and it could be happening again to our kid here! His confidence must be sky high right now, he is really excelling at the AHL level. I know it's early, but I can't see how we don't make out alright with that trade here, especially considering Kassian is a full year younger than Hodgson.

Kassian vs some Defenseman - Kassian laid a hammering into him

Mallet vs some scrub after wrecking another kid - Mallet fed him some nice punches to the face, beauty win

Pinnizotto vs Breen* - Even for the first bit, Breen* is 6'7 230 though and ended up with the win

One fight that should have happened but didn't was Joslin vs Aliu, they were getting into it all game pretty much but never dropped the mitts.

Pretty painful game to watch for the most part except the hits/tilts.

Kassian is a beast, he has that big play ability that it always feels like he is going to make something happen when he is out there, that is good to see...his confidence in this position with the Wolves is going to do his NHL game wonders.

I am so excited about Mallet, strong skater, hits like a truck and just seems to have it in his DNA to be a very strong bottom 6 type guy, In a few years he is going to help anchor a very pesky and hard hitting Canucks bottom 6.

It's a lot of fun watching Canucks prospects! Never saw much of Connauton previously to this game and he seems so poised out there, throws the body, can carry the puck and has a great shot!

Brutal 2nd and 3rd periods by the Wolves. Really liked Kassian and Mallet tonight. Pinizotto was a no-show AND he got fed by the big fella. Connauton was a no-show in the offensive zone.

Oh and that goal (I think Rodin sniped it) should have counted in the first period just before the Kassian marker.

Schroeder isn't exactly taking advantage of the Kesler opportunity, is he?

It's nice that Kassian is playing well at the moment, but who's gonna center him if he makes the bigs?

I suppose the lockout will ensure a healthy Kesler when they're back anyway.

What? We better not be trading him to the leafs.

Posted 5 minutes ago

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10952003">snapback.pngTOMapleLaughs, on 21 October 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Schroeder isn't exactly taking advantage of the Kesler opportunity, is he?

It's nice that Kassian is playing well at the moment, but who's gonna center him if he makes the bigs?

I suppose the lockout will ensure a healthy Kesler when they're back anyway.

Tyler Bozak, Nazem Kadri, or Joe Colborne of course ...

Archived