The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aliens......are here

Buddhas Hand

Astronomer Allen Epling films strange cigar-shaped UFO type object in sky above Kentucky

TO UFO and non-UFO enthusiasts alike it was something very strange in the sky.

The mystery cylinder-like glowing object has left thousands of people in Pike County, Kentucky, wondering what was flying over their heads for more than two hours in clear skies.

Taking video and pictures of the unusual craft, amateur astronomer Allen Epling saw the cigar-shaped craft across three states and the part-time star-gazer estimated the UFO to be operating at over 100,000 feet - over twice the height a commercial jet flies.

The craft has excited the UFO community nationwide, with some speculating that the craft is in fact an alien spaceship from the Ashtar Galactic Command, Mail Online reported.

Jose Ignacio Contreras, who operates the blog, Ashtar Command Crew, commented that Epling's video shows "what appears to be two large Lightships recorded in clear skies during day light hours."

Epling was at home in Virgie on October 16 when a visitor's granddaughter said there was a strange airplane in the sky, the Appalachian News-Express reported.

"It was just a very bright daylight star that was getting brighter, then getting dimmer, then getting brighter again," Epling said.

According to WYMT-TV, Epling said the object "looked like two fluorescent bulbs, side by side, parallel, shining very brightly. It would get so bright they would seem to merge, and you could see it very clearly with the naked eye. Then it would dim down almost invisible."

On Epling's YouTube posting of his UFO video he wrote: "I want to emphasize that the object is NOT moving. The picture is unsteady because I had to hold the camera in hand while trying to video it through the eyepiece of the telescope."

He added that his sighting "was with clear, cloudless skies, no aircraft in sight, altitude unknown but definitely above airliner cruising altitude."

"I've wanted to see a UFO all my life," he said. "I wasn’t scared, I was fascinated, especially to see something out of the ordinary."

Police in the area reported that they received calls about the object but they were unable to find the craft.

"We received several calls about it, but our trooper was unable to locate any object in the sky,' Kentucky State Police Trooper Shaun Little told the Appalachian News Express.

Local airports from Pine County also said that they do not have any records of aicraft flying over their airspace during the hours that Epling videoed and photographed the UFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kdQ_XZMtEtE

What do you think ?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance because I haven't brushed up on the subject for years, but is it not theorized in string theory that although they are supposed to be incredibly rare, there should to be strings out there large enough to see?

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that image. Well... I didn't THINK so much as report on the first image that spontaniously arose to mind.

Archived