29 replies to this topic

#1 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Astronomer Allen Epling films strange cigar-shaped UFO type object in sky above Kentucky

TO UFO and non-UFO enthusiasts alike it was something very strange in the sky.

The mystery cylinder-like glowing object has left thousands of people in Pike County, Kentucky, wondering what was flying over their heads for more than two hours in clear skies.
Taking video and pictures of the unusual craft, amateur astronomer Allen Epling saw the cigar-shaped craft across three states and the part-time star-gazer estimated the UFO to be operating at over 100,000 feet - over twice the height a commercial jet flies.
The craft has excited the UFO community nationwide, with some speculating that the craft is in fact an alien spaceship from the Ashtar Galactic Command, Mail Online reported.

Jose Ignacio Contreras, who operates the blog, Ashtar Command Crew, commented that Epling's video shows "what appears to be two large Lightships recorded in clear skies during day light hours."
Epling was at home in Virgie on October 16 when a visitor's granddaughter said there was a strange airplane in the sky, the Appalachian News-Express reported.
"It was just a very bright daylight star that was getting brighter, then getting dimmer, then getting brighter again," Epling said.
According to WYMT-TV, Epling said the object "looked like two fluorescent bulbs, side by side, parallel, shining very brightly. It would get so bright they would seem to merge, and you could see it very clearly with the naked eye. Then it would dim down almost invisible."
On Epling's YouTube posting of his UFO video he wrote: "I want to emphasize that the object is NOT moving. The picture is unsteady because I had to hold the camera in hand while trying to video it through the eyepiece of the telescope."
He added that his sighting "was with clear, cloudless skies, no aircraft in sight, altitude unknown but definitely above airliner cruising altitude."
"I've wanted to see a UFO all my life," he said. "I wasn’t scared, I was fascinated, especially to see something out of the ordinary."
Police in the area reported that they received calls about the object but they were unable to find the craft.
"We received several calls about it, but our trooper was unable to locate any object in the sky,' Kentucky State Police Trooper Shaun Little told the Appalachian News Express.
Local airports from Pine County also said that they do not have any records of aicraft flying over their airspace during the hours that Epling videoed and photographed the UFO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kdQ_XZMtEtE

What do you think ?

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 26 October 2012 - 06:21 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#2 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Probably just a failed government project. :bigblush:

3Goktj2.jpg

#3 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,649 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Interesting.

RIP LB RR PD

#5 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

The epic music, and great transition animations REALLY make this believable.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#6 Fathoms

Fathoms

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

You'll have to forgive my ignorance because I haven't brushed up on the subject for years, but is it not theorized in string theory that although they are supposed to be incredibly rare, there should to be strings out there large enough to see?

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that image. Well... I didn't THINK so much as report on the first image that spontaniously arose to mind.

Edited by Fathoms, 26 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.

wordings...

#7 Kryten

Kryten

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

That is a transport ship from the planet Kolob. Space travelling Mormons arriving just in time to vote Romney.
Posted Image

#8 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

That is a transport ship from the planet Kolob. Space travelling Mormons arriving just in time to vote Romney.

Dammit , they might just tip the scales in his favour :lol:

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#9 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Looks like a really big condom, if you ask me...

#10 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

WTF. I just watched the video and realized that that's one of my favorite songs done by one of my favorite bands.

3Goktj2.jpg

#11 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,055 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Looks like a really big condom, if you ask me...

Yea sorry about that. I've been trying to find it for a few days.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#12 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

I wonder if he just threw in that electron microscope at the end of it to give the video some legitimacy. Inconclusive if you ask me. I do believe there is life out there.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#13 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

It's no big deal, The aliens are just sending their rover down to search for signs of life.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#14 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Interesting but all we can do is speculate. Sadly.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#15 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

It's no big deal, The aliens are just sending their rover down to search for signs of life.

Hopefully they don't search this thread for signs of intelligent life :picard:

#16 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

There's a logical explanation for almost everything. Whether this is ET, I dunno, but I don't doubt their existence and I think you would be pretty foolish to do so
Posted Image

#17 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

I wonder if he just threw in that electron microscope at the end of it to give the video some legitimacy. Inconclusive if you ask me. I do believe there is life out there.

I believe that too.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#18 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Man i wish that was true.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#19 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Interesting but all we can do is speculate. Sadly.

This is true .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#20 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

There's a logical explanation for almost everything. Whether this is ET, I dunno, but I don't doubt their existence and I think you would be pretty foolish to do so

Occam's razor mate .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#21 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

These types of UFO's (i.e. "cigar"/"tube") have actually been spotted numerous times.

I'm not so sure they are extraterrestrial because all they do is float around and disappear and they've been doing this for many years...evidence of UFO sightings go back centuries. But they never land in any cities or towns, they never make any type of contact or communication with earth - except for floating around, defying the laws of physics and then disappearing.

Myself personally, I believe these to be either government technology or extradimensional entities moreso than extraterrestrial.

I've seen a UFO! :bigblush:

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#22 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Ratio, I think the further we investigate the solar system, and I have great hope for the Curiousity rover to discover this data, I think we will soon come to accept that alien life has been here all along.

By this I mean that it is entirely possible that certain life forms on this planet did not originate here but were a product of panspermia, intentional or not.

If we were to find samples of insect-like fossil in the stratum of Mars or existing fungus at the bottom of the deepest chasms there, where there could be much more heat and moisture, it would not shock me in the least. Other people may lose their crap, mind you....

Edited by theminister, 26 October 2012 - 11:09 PM.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#23 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,739 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is just another kind of balloon. Probably similar to this one:

Posted Image

So, not E.T.

However, this balloon could be used to spy on the people below. A lot more affordable than satellites.
Posted Image

#24 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,026 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Ratio, I think the further we investigate the solar system, and I have great hope for the Curiousity rover to discover this data, I think we will soon come to accept that alien life has been here all along.

By this I mean that it is entirely possible that certain life forms on this planet did not originate here but were a product of panspermia, intentional or not.

If we were to find samples of insect-like fossil in the stratum of Mars or existing fungus at the bottom of the deepest chasms there, where there could be much more heat and moisture, it would not shock me in the least. Other people may lose their crap, mind you....

I am really open to this idea .
The unfortunate thing about knowledge is when you come to realise the more you learn , the less you know .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#25 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,074 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

IT'S THE DOG DRAGON FROM NEVER ENDING STORY :o

Posted Image

#26 Ovech Trick

Ovech Trick

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

It's a giant dildo
Posted Image

Capitalist Hockey League - Minnesota Wild GM

#27 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Military project.
Posted Image

#28 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Aliens aren't that hard to believe in conceptually. Prankster aliens that hover in the sky for a few minutes and take off are. Real aliens that have the tech to make it to earth wouldn't need to do that. Plus blurry videos with suspenseful music are a sign of BS.

#29 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

here's a more detailed picture of the spaceship...

Posted Image

Edited by мцт вяздк чф, 27 October 2012 - 01:28 PM.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#30 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,705 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Swamp gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.