Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Huberdeau is an overrated prospect, same with strome

Oh come on, judging them by one game?

Where were the Sedins when we needed them most on the powerplay in game 7 vs the Bruins? They must be overrated, since they didn't show up.

Huberdeau and Strome will be fantastic players, they are in no way overrated at all. They will become superstars, Strome playing behind Tavares and Huberdeau becoming a key component in Florida's core. (Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Markstromm)

Edited by Ares, 03 January 2013 - 03:32 AM.

Posted Image

#2013 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,156 posts

so who else is stoked that we have a better chance next year?

I'm excited for the fact that we will likely see Corrado and Gaunce on the team (IMO)

I'm starting to think that there's some seriously overrated players in this group. Especially among the D-men.

I knew that before the camp ended, Murphy has been a bust and opting for size and tentativeness in Reinhart over the all round hardworking style Corrado brings is really look like a bust move aswell.

zackass.png

#2014 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,817 posts

keep this respectable pls.
Posted Image

#2015 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

I never complained about him not letting players develop chemistry. (Just for the record to clear that up, I never saw it as an issue)

I just think he can't motivate his players, and yeah I was talking about last years playoffs specificlly with those 2 examples but there have been issues in past years too, he doesn't make neccisary adjustments in how we play aswell IMO, it was never more obvious to me than last year when LA knew what we were going to do whenever he knew it.

I guess the point of my original comment is that to me Spott seems as tentative as AV seems in the playoffs, and it shows in how the players play on the ice.

Doesn't matter if you made that complaint or not, 10,000 others did. For the last 5 years.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2016 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Canada is starting to look like the team thats played 6 games in 8 days.

No way we get 4 past Gibson in 1 period.

#2017 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts

CORRADO CURSE.

The only reason why Murphy is on this team is because Spott coaches his team in juniors.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#2018 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Where were the Sedins when we needed them most on the powerplay in game 7 vs the Bruins? They must be overrated, since they didn't show up.

Huberdeau and Strome will be fantastic players, they are in no way overrated at all. They will become superstars, Strome playing behind Tavares and Huberdeau becoming a key component in Florida's core. (Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Markstromm)

Sedins worked hard all game, got most of our best chances, battled tooth and nail and never quit.

I don't think Huberdeau is overrated but he hasn't lived up to his hype in this tournament.

zackass.png

#2019 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Ryan Murphy over Corrado may have been the stupidest decision i've personally ever seen in the WJC.

Oh and taking Subban as a starter over Binnington, despite Subban being outplayed.

Posted Image

#2020 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts

What the hell happened?

How the hell can they choke this badly? To think i was relieved after the Russia game.

Did they take sleeping pills before the game?

Edited by Monteeun, 03 January 2013 - 03:35 AM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#2021 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Subban should've been pulled after the third goal and a time out should have been called. The team needed a spark of some kind, it's too late now.

#2022 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Sad how everyone is jumping on Subban after he stole us the last two games. The whole team is playing terribly, but this is by no means a concrete reflection of their capabilities.
Posted Image

#2023 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Doesn't matter if you made that complaint or not, 10,000 others did. For the last 5 years.

Actually it does matter, cause you can't look at me and say I am changing my mind and putting me with all those other people in that stereotype like you did in your other post, since I have had the same opinion all along.

Anyways lets just quit arguing, it really doesn't belong in this thread and I have a headache and don't feel like getting into a big debate about it, we both have our opinions and that's fine we are entitled to them.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM.

zackass.png

#2024 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,641 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Huberdeau is an overrated prospect,

I hate being right here, but I said this was an average team Canada after the first game.

Nugent-Hopkins and Strome are the only real high end talent they seem to have up front this year. Huberdeau has been average at best, and in no way looks like an impact player.

And the D is just overrated from top to bottom. You're telling me Hamilton is the best young junior defenseman Canada has to offer? I haven't seen it at all.

Edited by DeNiro, 03 January 2013 - 03:37 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2025 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

The disappoint is strong in this one.
Posted Image

#2026 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Showing no heart...

Gaudreau is awesome though

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#2027 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm excited for the fact that we will likely see Corrado and Gaunce on the team (IMO)

Corrado will be too old for the team next year, unfortunately. This was his last chance and Spott had to go and play favourites.

#2028 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Because that's why we are down 4-0?

He could have had all goals, not that they are necessarily weak goals, but ones that you expect a clutch goalie to make. The 4th goal was bad, and he didn't battle through the two screens, that other one was a nice shot though.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#2029 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Bring back Pat Quinn

#2030 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Theres no blaming any particular player for this, they've all played poorly.
Any one decision such as Binnington over Subban, or Corrado over Murphy, would not have mattered one bit if the rest of the team stunk as bad as they have this game.
Posted Image

#2031 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

I really dont see Huberdeau being a superstar. Just my opinion though and he hasn't had much impact in this tourny no?

Edited by ReaperCrew, 03 January 2013 - 03:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2032 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,156 posts

Corrado will be too old for the team next year, unfortunately. This was his last chance and Spott had to go and play favourites.

Damn :(

Spott really blew it this year.

zackass.png

#2033 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Looks like the experiment where the biggest physical presence on your top 2 lines is RNH didn't work. This has to be 2 of the softest top 2 lines Canada has ever had. Of course they briefly had Ritchie playing with Strome but old genius Spott saw the success they were having and quickly broke them up.

#2034 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

He could have had all goals, not that they are necessarily weak goals, but ones that you expect a clutch goalie to make. The 4th goal was bad, and he didn't battle through the two screens, that other one was a nice shot though.

Lololol were you even watching tge 1st goal!?!?

No goalie in the world saves that.

#2035 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Subban should've been pulled after the third goal and a time out should have been called. The team needed a spark of some kind, it's too late now.

Exactly, we needed a timeout before the game got away from us.

#2036 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,103 posts

Corrado can play next year? Sweet. I thought he was ineligible for some reason.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#2037 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hockey ain't about puck possesion anymore, it's about fancy dangles and snipers. How many snipers do we have on this team?

Haven't produced a pure sniper in years.

Posted Image

#2038 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Actually it does matter, cause you can't look at me and say I am changing my mind and putting me with all those other people in that stereotype like you did in your other post, since I have had the same opinion all along.

Anyways lets just quit arguing, it really doesn't belong in this thread and I have a headache and don't feel like getting into a big debate about it, we both have our opinions and that's fine we are entitled to them.

Never said such a thing.

My point is the general consensus for years was that AV didn't give his lines a chance, switched them up way too early, no wounder X and Y never had any chemistry, ect...

Now you (and others?) are saying he has the opposite problem, that he doesn't make changes quick enough.

Looking at the big picture I find it funny because how can a guy both change things to quickly and not change things quick enough? Well, he's a Canuck. He can't do anything right. That's how.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2039 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,062 posts

This is more about them playing flat, not really about the skills.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#2040 peener

peener

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

i cant wait until we score 6 in the 3rd
Posted Image

Twilight Sparkle rocks the house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.