The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

YUUUP!: Storage Wars sued by star alleges its fake

key2thecup

I assume by female cast member's plastic surgery, they mean Brandy?!

I like the show, mostly because of Barry. Although I always knew it was likely staged. I know the lockers they show on tv are the ones the tv cast members buy, so the other people in the crowd buy other lockers which aren't "salted".

While I agree that they are all rigged to some extent, I wouldn't doubt that Rick knows as much as he does. Considering the business and the fact he grew up around it, I'm sure he knows a tonne.

The thing that's always bothered me with that show is why the hell people bring in collectables and high priced items into a Pawn Shop? I've always figured that the producers always compensate the people that bring in items to sell.

As for Storage Wars, it was pretty obvious some of it was staged. But for Dave to go in and bite the hand that made him a tonne of money, thats really weak.

My wife loves this show. I tried to watch it a few times but its not really hard to see that some of the storage units were planted with gems.

She and I were discussing this today . We understand that he is suing, but he was on the show for years and never complained before. He knew it was rigged and never made a sound for years.

considering one of the first so called reality shows was what Survivor ? and there was nothing about reality, it was controlled the entire time by the producers,

now if they dropped 16 people with minimal supplies on a remote island and just followed them around for 30 day trying to actually survive and every week cast out the weak link, no games, no immunity, no challenges other then find your own food and shelter and try not to eat your cast members. that i would watch.

but also remember not all the news you see on tv is reality either or the whole truth ....and you think a tv show made for entertaining the masses of people with ADD is going to be true and honest.

Totally fake....lets see I see an Item being sold on Pawn Stars...then a couple of weeks later I see the exact same item on American Pickers being " found "....lol so lame that I see the same stuff on American Restoration as well....I think they just have a warehouse full of this stuff and production assistants from various shows go rent items...lol...

Meh, who cares?

It's just checking out antiques minus the snooty british "charm" with cleavage and tomfoolery added instead.

BTW, I am sure that you would in fact often find that people would leave valuables in storage lockers and not pay for them. No doubt due to being dead or simply leaving town and not bothering to move it.

But of course there's fakeness to it. It's the TELEVISION. Everything is fake. Even the freaking news is fake.

While I agree that they are all rigged to some extent, I wouldn't doubt that Rick knows as much as he does. Considering the business and the fact he grew up around it, I'm sure he knows a tonne.

The thing that's always bothered me with that show is why the hell people bring in collectables and high priced items into a Pawn Shop? I've always figured that the producers always compensate the people that bring in items to sell.

As for Storage Wars, it was pretty obvious some of it was staged. But for Dave to go in and bite the hand that made him a tonne of money, thats really weak.

I wouldn't doubt that rick knows a little about a lot because that's the nature of his business. When they go to the cutaways of him talking about a particular piece that is all scripted. The items that come in are all chosen before hand for the show. So they get to hand pick the items, research the items, script the show and they've found a good cast for it.

I know the cast of comic book men know a metric F tonne about comics but if you listen to their podcast they will tell you right out that they get a chance to know what's coming through the door so they can research it if they need to.

I like what TruTV does because they're at least somewhat honest about it. IIRC the motto is..."it's not reality, it's actuality".

Archived