The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2013

coleman26

Why "lol"?

They are very good musicians who have good songs. Is it "lol" because its not rock or a musician that's not mainstream or something?

I like all kinds of music, except for certain artists like the whole YMCMB thing (really bad) or Lady Gaga (Horrible).

Also if you just don't like One Republic then that's cool.

Yes, it is cool to not like One Republic.

its pretty good, although it doesn't touch their debut in my opinion

tough call for me

ya hey, step, and diane young, for me, are just as good as anything the band has ever done

but the 'secondary' songs on the debut are better than the newer ones, i think

both are better than contra

what do you guys think about the new Daft Punk? i only like like a couple of the songs, but the one with Panda is raaaaad

Been listening to it this morning.

Not sure how I feel about the interview throughout Giorgio...

i love everything about Dianne Young.

what do you guys think about the new Daft Punk? i only like like a couple of the songs, but the one with Panda is raaaaad

I really like the new Daft Punk. First listen was alright, but it was the second listen where I really got into it. I read their interview on Pitchfork before I listened to it, and the album made a lot of sense. It makes you appreciate the spoken word parts in Giorgio by Moroder and Contact.

i really enjoy a couple songs, but for the most part it's just not my thing

daft punk has always been a 'greatest hits' band for me. lots of great singles, but i can't listen to a full albums worth of material for very long

Been a while since so many good albums have been released or "released" wink wink.

Vampire Weekend's new one (Modern Vampires of the Ciy) is fantastic start to finish.

Cold War Kids new album (Dear Miss Lonely Hearts) is such a surprise too. Some really good tracks on this one.

The new Queens (Like Clockwork) album is every bit as good as I thought it would be. Love love loooovin this one.

But, the new National album (Trouble Will Find Me) might be the best release in a while. Was never a huuuge fan of them, sorta listened to on and off, but this album is friggin amazing. Listen soon!

The new Queens (Like Clockwork) album is every bit as good as I thought it would be. Love love loooovin this one.

I agree. Listened to it on my drive yesterday....I'm reaaally lovin' it too (was just coming in to post about it!)

Alive and kicking.

Comments on last few pages:

- Saw Vampire Weekend live last year. They were phenomenal. Only Bon Iver was better.

- Loved new VW album right away, but still not sure if it will stick as long with me as the first two (two of my favourite albums of the last 5 years)...then again, it has more depth, so I may end up liking it even more.

- Daft Punk are great... ...for 10 minutes. You're not alone, GJ.

- No concerts for me this year, unless I score free tickets AND babysitting :unsure: . So won't be making it to Sled Island...

any of you guys Wild Nothing fans?

Gemini is great, but I wasn't a fan (at all) of the followup last year, Nocturne. But I just re-listened to it last night and totally loved it. Totally making me re-evaluate all this dude's music, and it's pretty good. Nothing new or original really, but really solid stuff

Archived