1474 replies to this topic

#1051 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Cody will continue to get bigger, stronger, and faster, and I think that with his IQ, instincts, and drive, there's really nothing stopping him from multiple All-Star appearances.

LOL they call him Coy Hogson on the Buffalo boards because he can't D. He has no IQ, instincts, or drive. Thats the problem with him. If he had those 3 things he would have gotten the ice time to keep his whining Daddy at bay and he would still be a Canuck and we wouldn't have Kassian and the Kassquatch would be playing with Vanek and likely have 10+ goals so far.

#1052 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

The chances of Cody getting "bigger" are minimal, unless he is working on his gut .. he may get heavier and stronger .. he is so weak defensively on the puck, he will be demoted to 2nd line center soon, and traded to Toronto within 2 years .. just an observation and a prediction .. great hockey sense .. weak physically .. he will fit right in with Kessel ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1053 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Do we really need to bash one player in order to show how good another player is?

Both kass and hodgson are good players, and BOTH of them are going to have a good career in the nhl. Each player will have their own strength and weakness, and there is no reason to completely focus on ones' weakness and ignore their upside...

Hodgson may not be the player the canucks need this year, but lets not kid ourselves and say he does not have an impressive offensive instinct here.

Not all players are cut out to be a two way player, but it doesn't mean other type of players are worthless.

#1054 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Here's another warning sign: failed to trademark the nickname "Kassassin" before Matt Kassian did.

#1055 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,787 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Kassquatch is a better nickname anyway... ::D

#1056 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Plus/minus is mostly a team-driven statistic that should not be analyzed at an individual level without some serious skepticism.

So now you admit that There is more to a players individual stats than what you read on the stats page you should go read over your OP and your posts after when everyone pointed out he was playing on a less offensive team with much less talent. yet his drop in year over year production was all his decline as a player....... warning signs lol.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#1057 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

LOL they call him Coy Hogson on the Buffalo boards because he can't D. He has no IQ, instincts, or drive. Thats the problem with him. If he had those 3 things he would have gotten the ice time to keep his whining Daddy at bay and he would still be a Canuck and we wouldn't have Kassian and the Kassquatch would be playing with Vanek and likely have 10+ goals so far.

This kind of statement exposes your lack of hockey insight. Hodgson's vision and IQ have always been praised by professional scouts as do most knowledgable fans. The Cody hatred around here is reaching a new low.

I checked out the HF Buff board and the majority of fans continue to like what CH brings. Although they recognize his defensive struggles, they seem to understand that he is still young and will only improve with time.

The other thing I notice is that they rarely bring up Zak. They mostly view the trade as a win win.

Buffalo fans have moved on. Why can't Vancouver fans?

#1058 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Av is juggling the lines so everyone has a chance to showcase themselves. When Kesler and Booth are back hopefully we will see Kassian back on the first and we will have 3 of the deadliest lines in hockey....... there are no warning signs just growing pains as is normal with a developing player. We have a solid core with some serious depth on defense and at goalie. ......the only warning signs I honestly see are if Raymond and Ballard keep playing this good they may play themselves into a trade ?

tumblr_mkgkbqrm4w1ry9vkao1_500.gif

The NHL DoPeS should enter politics. They lie with a straight face better than any politician in the world.

#1059 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

This kind of statement exposes your lack of hockey insight. Hodgson's vision and IQ have always been praised by professional scouts as do most knowledgable fans. The Cody hatred around here is reaching a new low.

I checked out the HF Buff board and the majority of fans continue to like what CH brings. Although they recognize his defensive struggles, they seem to understand that he is still young and will only improve with time.

The other thing I notice is that they rarely bring up Zak. They mostly view the trade as a win win.

Buffalo fans have moved on. Why can't Vancouver fans?

Cody Hodgson's lack of hockey sense was one of the reasons he was turned down the contract he wanted and was traded not long after. His defensive lapses were too great to warrant a Bieksa equivellant contract. His skating weakness is compounded by his inability to read plays and it causes him to struggle. Although it is common for Rookies to have this problem, it was so prevalent that it has been the main focus of his training since the OHL in 2007. So in 6 years he still can't figure out how to do anything but score. Not that its bad having a guy that can score like Cody can, but when he doesn't have the puck, better hope the opponents blow a tire because that is the only way he gets the puck back.

And which Sabres site are you going too? I go to sabres.nhl.com. and their discussion of the Kassian Hodgson trade hasn't left the first page of their forums in almost a YEAR. And while a couple of them say it was a fair trade, 90% of them brag about how they won the trade, you should check it out sometime. Also note that there is approximately 1- 2 new threads started a week and that the moderators don't even have a thousand posts and they are lucky to get 5 new posts a day, but yeah lets compare that to the CDC.

And if your going to bring up that the CoHo hatred has reached a new low in the same paragraph that you are calling me out for stating facts, I will answer to it by asking you to find ANY post where I ever said that CoHo was good in the last few years. I have been complaining about him since day 1. So if you are referring to the CDC in general could you try to be more specific as so I am not wasting my time defending the same position I have always held, and apparantely the management of the Canucks agrees with as well.

#1060 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Av is juggling the lines so everyone has a chance to showcase themselves. When Kesler and Booth are back hopefully we will see Kassian back on the first and we will have 3 of the deadliest lines in hockey....... there are no warning signs just growing pains as is normal with a developing player. We have a solid core with some serious depth on defense and at goalie. ......the only warning signs I honestly see are if Raymond and Ballard keep playing this good they may play themselves into a trade ?

In a sense, kassian is also a victim of his own versatility. He is able to fill many different roles, which means he is one of the few players that AV can move up and down the lineup and be sure of his success.

#1061 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'd like to know why Kassian gets blamed for the Sedins not getting points.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1062 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Beauty pass by Kassian there.

why weren't we WARNED about that???? :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#1063 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

His skating weakness is compounded by his inability to read plays and it causes him to struggle.
So in 6 years he still can't figure out how to do anything but score.
... I will answer to it by asking you to find ANY post where I ever said that CoHo was good in the last few years. I have been complaining about him since day 1.

PPG in his second year in the league.The guy is a bust.

#1064 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

POPULAR

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding CDC

King of ES
nick nit

That is all.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 09 February 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1065 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Buffalo's lost 3/4 of their last games. We've won 3/4.

Cody may be on a tear, but he's also been a minus player in the majority of his recent games and it doesn't mean his team is winning. That's what counts - moreso than superstars or individual performances. Sure, that can't be pinned on him but, if we're looking at team success/failure, Buffalo sits at a whopping 25th and we're currently 7th in the league overall.

I don't watch Cody anymore, but Zack appears to be a spark in the line up and is a great team player. I give Cody props....he's a great young player whose star will continue to shine...but we needed some grit and someone adaptable. Someone parked in front of the net who would accept various roles. Cody's camp seemed determined for one and it just didn't fit here with the existing line up.

We'll be ok with this trade.

Mayor of Rightville there. Heh, I don't think the thread needs to continue.

#1066 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,787 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

In a sense, kassian is also a victim of his own versatility. He is able to fill many different roles, which means he is one of the few players that AV can move up and down the lineup and be sure of his success.

That's a great asset to have - and being so young, the fact that Kassian handles that so well and plays well with whomever his linemates are is very impressive imo.

#1067 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Cody Hodgson's lack of hockey sense was one of the reasons he was turned down the contract he wanted and was traded not long after. His defensive lapses were too great to warrant a Bieksa equivellant contract. His skating weakness is compounded by his inability to read plays and it causes him to struggle. Although it is common for Rookies to have this problem, it was so prevalent that it has been the main focus of his training since the OHL in 2007. So in 6 years he still can't figure out how to do anything but score. Not that its bad having a guy that can score like Cody can, but when he doesn't have the puck, better hope the opponents blow a tire because that is the only way he gets the puck back.

And which Sabres site are you going too? I go to sabres.nhl.com. and their discussion of the Kassian Hodgson trade hasn't left the first page of their forums in almost a YEAR. And while a couple of them say it was a fair trade, 90% of them brag about how they won the trade, you should check it out sometime. Also note that there is approximately 1- 2 new threads started a week and that the moderators don't even have a thousand posts and they are lucky to get 5 new posts a day, but yeah lets compare that to the CDC.

And if your going to bring up that the CoHo hatred has reached a new low in the same paragraph that you are calling me out for stating facts, I will answer to it by asking you to find ANY post where I ever said that CoHo was good in the last few years. I have been complaining about him since day 1. So if you are referring to the CDC in general could you try to be more specific as so I am not wasting my time defending the same position I have always held, and apparantely the management of the Canucks agrees with as well.

I don't recall contract talks with Cody -I thought he was still on his entry level contract. No?

Vision and hockey IQ come in many forms. Most people would agree that Cody has very good offensive hockey sense. That is what he is best at. Defensive weakeness can be improved (see Steve Yzerman's first 3 years in the NHL -his 3rd year 51g with -24). Yzerman had to learn the defensive game as well. No, I'm not comparing Coho to Stevie Y. Cody is in his 3rd nhl year, although his first only had 8 games. He is now playing on the first line with Buffalo, against other top lines. It's quite a learning curve right now.

There is more Buf discussion at:
http://hfboards.hock...1218103&page=24
You have to search through to the 3rd page, as the fans appear to have moved on from this thread.

I was referring to CDC in general, but specifically your comment that Cody has no hockey IQ or instincts. Knowledgable hockey people have been praising his IQ and isntincts for years and commenting that it's his greatest strength.

Cody would still be playing for the Canucks if he hadn't asked for a trade.

Say what you want, but I think it is far to early to write this kid off. I think he will be very good nhl player in years to come.

I really don't want to give the impression that I am upset about the Hodgson trade. From what I've seen of Zak, he is far better suited to the team requirements. I am very happy about this trade. Kassian was floundering with the Sabres and they were desperate for a top 6 centerman. It was a good trade for both teams.

#1068 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I haven't seen many people actually hate on Cody here. Most people have praised both Zack and Cody, while pointing out their strengths and weaknesses. For some reason KotES sees Zack love as Cody hate, and can't see Zack playing really well through his poop glasses.

The only lost cause in this situation are the posters who are hating on one of two really good young players that seem to have found great homes on their new teams.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#1069 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

It would be nice to see Kassian shoot more. He's slightly less than two shots a game.
Posted Image

#1070 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Kassian has better hands than Gretzky.

#1071 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Kassian has better hands than Gretzky.

All I can picture when I read this is Kassian in a George Castanza-like scenario where people are drooling over Kassian modeling watches. Meanwhile, Gretzky is somewhere sulking silently in a corner.

#1072 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Imagine if Hodgson and Kassian were linemates? I could see those two clicking.

#1073 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,487 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I agree the whole "Cody hate" thing is overblown.

One mention of Cody's weaknesses (and yes he does have some) and it's "OMG Way to put down a player to support another"

No its pointing out what is actually going on.

zackass.png

#1074 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

DP

Edited by nuck nit, 11 February 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#1075 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

TP.Asia has unparalleled wifi connections.

Edited by nuck nit, 11 February 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#1076 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

The infamous quadruple post.
$10 a month unlimited modem connection-when it works.

Edited by nuck nit, 11 February 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#1077 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

I agree the whole "Cody hate" thing is overblown.
One mention of Cody's weaknesses (and yes he does have some) and it's "OMG Way to put down a player to support another"
No its pointing out what is actually going on.

Isn't this the Kassian thread?
It is a start to convince yourself you are going to get over your Cody hate.
I ain't buying it,myself.

#1078 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Isn't this the Kassian thread?
It is a start to convince yourself you are going to get over your Cody hate.
I ain't buying it,myself.

:rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1079 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I haven't seen many people actually hate on Cody here. Most people have praised both Zack and Cody, while pointing out their strengths and weaknesses. For some reason KotES sees Zack love as Cody hate, and can't see Zack playing really well through his poop glasses.

The only lost cause in this situation are the posters who are hating on one of two really good young players that seem to have found great homes on their new teams.

I for one do hate Cody but not because of his production or because he was traded. My friends and I have met a lot of players who were very hateable on the ice and came away going "What a nice guy!" Cody is the exact opposite, an absolute turd to talk to. It's no wonder he got booted from this team as that personality would have been a locker room cancer.

All's quiet at Buffalo right now because he's playing 1C but I doubt he holds that position for the long term, and once he is demoted I expect him to dig the same hole for himself that he did here. He's a prima donna on skates not a hockey player.

Keswho.jpg

#1080 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

I for one do hate Cody but not because of his production or because he was traded. My friends and I have met a lot of players who were very hateable on the ice and came away going "What a nice guy!" Cody is the exact opposite, an absolute turd to talk to. It's no wonder he got booted from this team as that personality would have been a locker room cancer.

All's quiet at Buffalo right now because he's playing 1C but I doubt he holds that position for the long term, and once he is demoted I expect him to dig the same hole for himself that he did here. He's a prima donna on skates not a hockey player.

Traded to the Leafs within two years is my prediction ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.