The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

everybodies stats in the west was dramitically down......moastly due to a very very competitive west....

henrik was still the top west pt getter and thats without Daniel for ten games ....and a strugglling injury plagued 2nd line.... so I wouldnt read alot into that...example first 48 gms henrik 11-31=52pts daniel 20-30=50pts

At this point I'd that and try to squeeze a 2nd out of them. I don't see us getting a more talented prospect out of anyone else. Seems to be developing slower but we don't have anyone with high end skill in our prospect pool. I think it's worth the gamble considering we also fill our interim 2nd line center role with bozak if niether of the kids take charge at camp. Who knows maybe Kadri finds his game this year.

I see it being a better option than Weiss. He may be a better option at 2nd C but he most likely walks next year and bozak can certainly patch the hole untill kes is back.

At least going the Toronto route we get a shot at a high end talented young prospect. May not be a sure bet but the reward could be huge and long lasting.

Toronto is feeling the pinch and I think they know they have to give significantly more than Florida or gillis sends him home out of respect. I think he's the best player that is easiest to let go for them. They gotta give something and that's pretty close to what gillis asked for, good prospect, roster player, 1st round pick. TO cant afford to give a 1st especially after giving away a 7th overall 22 yr old. So they counter with a 2nd.

Kadri bozak 2nd

I think it seems totally reasonable from both sides. They get their playoff bound goalie without putting too many holes in their lineup. We wash our hands clean of this mess, get a talented kid to work with and solve our center dilemma. I would be all over that if I was Nonis and Gillis.

Toronto would want to do that because they get to unload a couple of underachieving spare parts to Vancouver for a world class goaltender. Vancouver fans would do that because they've swallowed the wave of garbage that originated from the Toronto media - that they're going to take Luongo, but only as a favour to Vancouver.

Except he's talking about Stephen Weiss, a guy whose scored 238 points over the past four seasons - Florida's leading scorer since 2008/9. King thinks he has less value than a Reilly, Gardiner, Simmonds, Couturier, Coburn, Bjugstad....

Kadri, Bozak <<< Luke Schenn

Missed opportunity? Now knowing the Canucks would not have been penalized if they had traded prior to the lockout and that JVR could have been had.

Hopefully the Canucks are working on a bigger 3 team trade if Nonis isn't going to trade Rielly or Gardiner. Benn? E.Kane? Couturier? Perry?

Though Weiss would be nice, he would be a rental situation.

The Canucks have one of the worst prospects pool in the league. Desperately need to stock up.

They re-acquired Brian Boucher this morning, which is interesting. Something else is obviously coming from them. I still have a very hard time believing that they're in the Luongo sweepstakes, but this could be setting up for some sort of 3-way, with us ending up with Michael Leighton as our backup.

What if the Edler talks over the summer made management raise eyebrows?

To Vancouver:

Brian Campbell (proven chemistry w/ Garrison), _______, & Michael Leighton

To Florida:

Luongo and half of Campbell's cap hit (FLA will never be a cap team and $3.6m gets them to the floor easier)

To Philly:

Edler

To Vancouver:

To Florida:

Luongo and half of Campbell's cap hit (FLA will never be a cap team and $3.6m gets them to the floor easier)

To Philly:

Edler

I'm anything but sold on Reilly - or Gardiner.

I'd take Couturier over any of them, including Weiss - but I don't see NHL trade values that way.

So many deals to reference - Kessel, Carter, Kaberle, Richards, Nash, Staal... proven veterans, 60 point players - simply aren't worth less than prospects and rookies...

That's why MG is paid what he is. He has tough decisions to make.

Although I'm not a big fan of Weiss myself, if MG instead targeted a specific prospect/pick package that would not really help us this year, and we flame out, I'd call that a pretty critical error. Who knows when Kesler will be back, and even when he's back, there'll be endless questions about whether or not he "came back too quick", etc. More excuses for non-performance, if that happens. I don't want to hear them.

The Canucks should be trying to win now. Nobody likes to talk about this, but the Sedin's are getting older, and their production did decline last year, which is probably the start of a trend that we'll see persist until they retire.

To Vancouver:

To Florida:

To Philly:

Edler

Archived