The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

What do you think I am wrong about?

Do you think that they will finish in the bottom 5 with Roberto?

Do you think Franson is a top 4 defensemen and is better than Tanev?

Do you think Bozak is a top 6 forward?

Do you think Kadri is on the team for sure?

Do you think Kadri and Bozak aren't likely expendable in this negotiation?

What is it.

Not the proposal - the critique.

But anyway...expendable Leafs aren't worth much to the Canucks.

What is expendable to the Leafs? I'd have to say the list starts with Connolly, Lombardi, Komisarek...they have their share.

But do you think Kadri makes the Canucks better? If so, how? And if not, why waste any value whatsoever on him?

You confuse me too Smashian.

Well first off Kadri isn't the only guy we get, we do get other things that help us more immediately.

Kadri might help us now, in a top 6 role till Kesler gets back, but if not he will be a huge asset in the future, he will add a ton of quality to a prospect pool that has alot more quantity than quality.

And as MG said today we need something that will help us now and something for the future, this proposal addresses those concerns to a tee.

Bozak, Gardiner, Reimer

For

Lu,Ray, Connaughton, Sauve

Canucks get 3 positions of need. A much needed offensive dman. A good backup with potential. A good utility centreman who is still improving (only 26).

Leafs get leardership, all star goaltending and prospects.

Bozak, Gardiner, Reimer

For

Canucks get 3 positions of need. A much needed offensive dman. A good backup with potential. A good utility centreman who is still improving (only 26).

I think it's mostly based on speculation as to what it is going to take to get Edler re-signed.

The Canucks recently have signed their top defensemen to contracts in the 4.5 million area. The same offer was made to Ehrhoff, but he chose to bolt to Buffalo instead.

I think if Edler can be persuaded to agree to a contract in the 4.5 to 5.0 million range, then Gillis will find a way to make it happen. However, if he decides he wants something in the 6 million range, the Canucks likely will be unable to afford him. That being the case, it makes sense to move him for something now, rather than lose him for nothing later.

Bozak, Gardiner, Reimer

For

I've been pushing for MG to move Luongo for many years now, but I can honestly say there is no one on the Leafs that I think makes a Van-TO trade enticing. Kadri is more of what they already have.......a small, skilled 2-3 line fwd, and Gardiner is kind of the opposite of what the Nucks need on the back end, especially in the Western Conference.......Bozak is a 3-4 liner on the Nucks and there's already too many of those on the roster.

If that's all MG can get for Lu right now, I'd rather see a 60/40split in games between Schneids and Lu, then move him in the off season

Archived