The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder will surprise us like Hodgson

The Dark Knight

I don't get why AV doesn't use skilled players in the shootout, even when Hodgson was here and scored in it he still barely would use him.

JS proabably would of won us the game last night, AV just likes to throw games when it gets to the shootout.

Who in their right mind would put Edler when he does the same thing every time and never scores.

Jordan has held his own but after four NHL games projecting and predicting anything is like blowing cold air into your home in December-it is unnecessary,it does not feel good and it accomplishes nothing.

After a few games we can say he is doing ok in the faceoff circle with an average of 40%,although he only had one extra f/o win than Ebbett yesterday and everybody wants Andrew's head.Strange.

Jordan did not register a shot on net today.

He does not log any short handed minutes.

He is not being used in the shoot out(although maybe he should be given a try).

The only similarity he has with Hodgson is he logged 13 minutes of TOI and second unit PP duties where his game is offensively minded.That is no surprise.

Jordan has three shots on net in four games played-the same as Ebbett but eight years younger and paid twice as much (with his bonus cheque).

Jordan is quick and a good story and has room to grow.At this stage he has not been lighting the NHL on fire and his ice time and stats reflect that.

So far Schroeder's average is 50%, and funny he only had "one more win that ebbett last night" but Schroeder led our team in faceoff percentage and Ebbett didn't even play, how does that work out?

It's also worth noting he is 2nd on our team in faceoff percentage behind Manny. So for a rookie breaking in, who was thought to maybe have issues there, he is doing better than "ok".

For the most part he has been logging 15 Minutes although penalty trouble in recent games has brought that down, not to mention unlike Cody he is actually getting Dzone starts and has been trusted to take important Dzone faceoffs, and he has come up big alot of the time as we saw with that clutch faceoff win against Kopitar last night (after the icing)

If Av would wake up and using him in the shootouts and 4 on 4 Ot (both areas in which he would thrive) he could be a real difference maker for this team, would also be nice to see someone else put on his line rather than Weise, as Schroeder with someone who could finish would be far more effective, again that draws comparisons back to Marc Savard and Brendan Morrison, as both players with finishers (Naslund and Kessel) were at there best. And that's when Schroeder is going to be at his best too, hopefully that is with Jensen.

I agree, he should always be played in OT, AV pretty much throws the game with his shootout choices anyways, so who cares if he makes a rookie mistake and we lose?

His speed is made for 4 on 4 and he's not a defensive reliability. AV needs to start using his players to their strengths.

JS is by far our best passer and playmaker besides the Sedins, so why not give him linemates who can finish? Weise, isn't that big or strong and can't finish and JS has shown his size isn't much of an issue.

I think putting JS with the Sedins on the 1st pp unit would be dope, but our 2nd unit would be really weak.

I know his skills are made for 4 on 4, that's speed, elusiveness and a wrist shot that deadly. The extra space would be a huge asset.

I think he is one of our best playmaker after then Sedins aswell, I would put him with Burr and Raymond.

As for the PP I would like to see him on the point, he played there in Chicago. He would set up Garrison better than Edler did and he has a deadly wrister like I said so if he could creep into the high slot and get open he could be a huge asset there. With Burrows playing center we could have an adequate replacement on the 2nd.

1st:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Schroeder - Garrison

2nd:

Raymond - Burrows - Hansen/Higgins

Ballard - Edler

So far Schroeder's average is 50%, and funny he only had "one more win that ebbett last night" but Schroeder led our team in faceoff percentage and Ebbett didn't even play, how does that work out?

It's also worth noting he is 2nd on our team in faceoff percentage behind Manny. So for a rookie breaking in, who was thought to maybe have issues there, he is doing better than "ok".

For the most part he has been logging 15 Minutes although penalty trouble in recent games has brought that down, not to mention unlike Cody he is actually getting Dzone starts and has been trusted to take important Dzone faceoffs, and he has come up big alot of the time as we saw with that clutch faceoff win against Kopitar last night (after the icing)

If Av would wake up and using him in the shootouts and 4 on 4 Ot (both areas in which he would thrive) he could be a real difference maker for this team, would also be nice to see someone else put on his line rather than Weise, as Schroeder with someone who could finish would be far more effective, again that draws comparisons back to Marc Savard and Brendan Morrison, as both players with finishers (Naslund and Kessel) were at there best. And that's when Schroeder is going to be at his best too, hopefully that is with Jensen.

Hodgson didn't surprise me I knew he was good and he is. Bitter people will try to play it down but some of the best players lacked defense and were snipers. Joe Sakic one of my fav players hand the best hands ever. Schroeder could surprise because I don't expect much no offence - he was t drafted as a high calibre player plain and simple.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived