The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny...............the comeback!

Bodee

Manny was pretty bad last year, apart from winning draws, obviously to be expected when coming back from an injury like he did. I think if he hadn't gotten hurt and had been at 100% along with Hamhuis, we probably would've beat Boston but oh well. If he can return to his 2010-2011 form then we'll be loaded down the middle when Kesler returns.

"He can't see well out of his injured eye."

This kind of statement makes me sick. If you have any proof of it, then post it. If not then keep your fallacious "medical opinions" to yourself or at least add "imo"

I already have one warning so I'll leave it at that.

Again you're all just assuming Kesler will be good enough for the 2C position when healthy.Myself I'd rather wait and see him prove he's good enough for the position.Also I would hope Gillis is on the ball and moves him to the 3rd line if he dosen't cut it.

I think assuming Kesler will be good enough for the 2C spot (when healthy) is pretty safe. Two 70+ point seasons and a Selke Trophy win from 09 to 11. Then 49 points, while playing great in his own zone in an injury riddled season last year. With that history and knowing his compete level, I can't think of a better 2C in the system or available through trade. Also I don't think MG would be the one who moves him down to the third line, I'm not saying I know what AV and MG's relationship is like, but I am fairly certain that is a coach's decision not a GM's.

Statistics look good but his play was downright pathetic at times last 2 seasons.Also AV or MG made reference to the fact injuries would not be used as an excuse last season.I believe that was made in reference to Kesler.It was also said prior to knowing the extent of his injuries which only really surfaced at seasons end.

We would be in serious trouble if Manny is our 2knd line center : Career highs of 14 goals and 35 points.

We also wanna see see goals this season yunno?

Watching Manny in the CDC vid of the players reactions to the shortened season, it struck me that this could be the season for him to make a major comeback.

He looked comfortable on the soccer field in the summer and he looks lean and ready to go in the interview.

Anyone else think he could still be our 2nd line centre? I would love to see him really break out with all guns firing. I still think his diving goal last season was in the top 3 goals scored by the Canucks.

From everything I've read Manny is in the best shape of his life and is ready to go. I don't think we'll see him on the 2nd line but I think he will rip it up on the 3rd in the same way he did back in the 2010-2011 season.

I don't know about anyone else but I kind of like the idea of signing Darche and having him playing Manny and Hansen on the 3rd line. It adds some grit (and a good penalty killer with PP experience) and allows Higgins to move back up to the 2nd line while Kesler is injured. Obviously not a long-term solution given his age but for the next season or so I think it's worth a shot, he's pretty cheap (700,000 cap hit in Montreal) and he was a great 3rd line guy for Montreal, one of the harder teams to play against.

I totally agree. But we run the risk of having far too many centres when everyone is fit and still Schroeder will not have been blooded.

I like Arnott and I like that he can move down to 3rd when Kes comes back but we would have to part with either Schroeder, Manny, Higgins or Lapierre if we acquired him.

Archived