The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Cannata to Attend Training Camp

Brendan Gaunce

If Mike Gillis already has a deal done before the CBA has been fully hashed out, looked over down every detail and completely understood, I will question his ability to do his job. Luckily I fully trust his decision making/ professionalism and I doubt he would make any brash decisions especially in dealing Luongo.

Whether Luongo is getting dealt or not, I think Cannata coming to camp is an automatic anyway. He's the next goalie on the depth chart with Lack injured. Climie is technically not signed by the Canucks this year as is on an AHL only contract.

It is good to get Cannata coming to camp, he has shown he can be good at the AHL level, this would be a great experiance for him aswell as give them team some extra guys to shoot on for the camp.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Lu move, they would probably sign someone, or make a trade for someone before they seriously use Cannata as a backup.

Yeah, I didn't really get that comment. Gillis has undoubtedly been talking to GM's about Luongo since last summer. The only reason a potential Luongo trade would look like a brash decision is because there has been a freeze on trades, signings etc. since the lockout officially started in September. If there was something worked out, it has been on hold this whole time and could finally be completed on or after Sunday.

Archived