Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#31 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

will people freak out in this town if indeed Luongo wins his job back?
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#32 iamacanuck15

iamacanuck15

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I don't recall any member of Canuck management ever saying that Schneider was our number 1. It has always been conjecture by the press and fans. If I am wrong please correct me.

Posted Image

#33 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wouldn't it be great if he did get his starting job back, well untill the playoffs started.

I don't think anyone has any doubt that Lou can play better then Lou, if he were to outplay Cory at times then I still think he would be the choice for the Canucks brass to move. After all the reason they want to trade him has nothing to do with his reg season play.

I don't think that he's with the club on opening day, but if he is Canucks management is smarter then you think. No matter how well he plays he's out, we just may get a better trade.

#34 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

I think Schneider will get 2/3 of the games

As mentioned he is our goalie going forward and at this point of his career, he needs to play alot of games and I believe he can handle it.

#35 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

In my opinion, the only reason people think Schneider is going to be our starter is because Luongo has accepted to waive his NTC and the media. Usually to overthrow one of the league's top-10 if not top-5 goalies you'd have to have a solid body of work and be far better than him, so let's see why everyone thinks Luongo is done in Vancouver -

Schneider had better save % and GAA last season than Luongo, but not by much. He didn't play anywhere near as many games or muster up as many wins as Luongo, but got these nice stats by playing behind a great team on spot starts so fatigue was never an issue for Schneider. He has absolutely no idea what it'll be like playing a full work load in the NHL and has never been an NHL starter or faced that pressure.

AV went with Schneider in the playoffs over Luongo, not because of Luongo's poor play (he was exceptional - our best player in the first two games if anyone remembers) but because of the crap-job the team put up in front of him. Then Schneider wins 1 measely playoff game, loses two and gets the Canucks bounced out of the playoffs. Sure he played great, but didn't make the big saves so he definately didn't save this team or do anything miraculous.

I remember clearly back then reading articles and hearing even Shorthouse himself re-iterate many times that Schneider starting the playoffs instead of Luongo was strictly a reflection of the team's poor play, not goaltending, and that AV just wanted a different look which didn't work. Playing these 3 games in the playoffs, Schneider has not overthrown Luongo at all.

Like I said, you have to win some big games or carry a team better than Lu did to be able to replace him as the starter. Schneider played in 3 playoff games and won just one of them. To me that is not enough to become starter on what should be the best team in the league.
Posted Image

#36 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

He's proved last season he can play against the best in this league

09/10 with the Moose he played 60 regular season games, 6 playoff games, plus 2 games for the Canucks. He had a 2.51 gaa and a .919 s% with the Moose and a 3.80 gaa and a .915 s% with the Canucks. His gaa and s% have improved every year with the Canucks.

He's been great with the media. I'd even say better than Lou.

(He played considerably better against LA than Lou in the last playoffs) ...But still LOST!!!!!

Edited by fagin, 11 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#37 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Luongo will get the game 1 start, and Luo and Schneids will play in a tandem

Quote me on it

Wrong.... Cory will start....
Posted Image

#38 KB_3

KB_3

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Lou is poo :emot-parrot: :bigblush: :emot-parrot: :bigblush:

#39 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Wrong.... Cory will start....

I think if we have Lou past opening night we will see Cory get more home games and see Lou on the road. Don't think they would want the boo's that Lou could get.

#40 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think if we have Lou past opening night we will see Cory get more home games and see Lou on the road. Don't think they would want the boo's that Lou could get.

we have retarded fans but that would take it to a whole new level

#41 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

In my opinion, the only reason people think Schneider is going to be our starter is because Luongo has accepted to waive his NTC and the media. Usually to overthrow one of the league's top-10 if not top-5 goalies you'd have to have a solid body of work and be far better than him, so let's see why everyone thinks Luongo is done in Vancouver -

Schneider had better save % and GAA last season than Luongo, but not by much. He didn't play anywhere near as many games or muster up as many wins as Luongo, but got these nice stats by playing behind a great team on spot starts so fatigue was never an issue for Schneider. He has absolutely no idea what it'll be like playing a full work load in the NHL and has never been an NHL starter or faced that pressure.

AV went with Schneider in the playoffs over Luongo, not because of Luongo's poor play (he was exceptional - our best player in the first two games if anyone remembers) but because of the crap-job the team put up in front of him. Then Schneider wins 1 measely playoff game, loses two and gets the Canucks bounced out of the playoffs. Sure he played great, but didn't make the big saves so he definately didn't save this team or do anything miraculous.

I remember clearly back then reading articles and hearing even Shorthouse himself re-iterate many times that Schneider starting the playoffs instead of Luongo was strictly a reflection of the team's poor play, not goaltending, and that AV just wanted a different look which didn't work. Playing these 3 games in the playoffs, Schneider has not overthrown Luongo at all.

Like I said, you have to win some big games or carry a team better than Lu did to be able to replace him as the starter. Schneider played in 3 playoff games and won just one of them. To me that is not enough to become starter on what should be the best team in the league.

How many pages have you wrote in totally over the past 8 months regarding this?

You must be from Australia cause no way a scared, whinny, sniffling cry baby could last 14hours on a plane. Watch rugby or kangaroo boxing and cry on those forms.

Instead of writing 400 blogs about the same thing over and over, post a link to your favorite one so people on IPhones don't get a thumb cramp from trying to escape the nonsense you post

I hate you
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#42 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I would play Luongo one night then Schneider the next. Lui will be highly motivated to play his best and I am all for that.

#43 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Loungo for captain

Again!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#44 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

As you are currently?

not quite, try again.

you rip apart any comment favouring Luongo no matter how much sense it makes or how well thought out it is cause u can't get off Schneider's dick. Hope Schneider does really well for his sake cause people like you will probably be all over him even quicker than Luongo even though you're praising him now.

pls go

Edited by Primus099, 11 January 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#45 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

January 11, 2013

"But coach Alain Vigneault refused to say who will be the team's starter when the season opens."

"[Luongo's] one of my two goaltenders," said Vigneault during a media availability at Rogers Arena. "We've always made the decisions in the best interest of the team. We've got two great goaltenders, two great people that are great teammates and both want to play."

http://news.ca.msn.c...e-rumours-swirl

Just thought I would throw this out to all the Luo haters who want him gone. Heads up, cause the longer this goes on, the more likely he stays for the season. I've posted on this topic before, but a direct quote originating from today, just can't get anymore recent. Moving Luo this season is a huge risk and it looks the organization is aware of that.

LUO HATERS...... REACT TO ME :emot-parrot:

Thanks for your analysis..... :picard:

Your title implies that you have reasons/evidence for Lou being a starter on the Canucks....you don't. I do agree that the starting position should go to the keeper who is playing better, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that if we don't trade Lou than he will remain with us for the season....

#46 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

If Luongo is not traded I would certainly hope that he still has a shot to win his job back. Competition leads to players being hungrier. Plus, if Luongo gets off to a hot start the price goes up.

but if Luongo gets off to a bad start, it really hurts his value. Is it worth the risk? Hes a hot commodity right now and it might be better to maximize his value now.

#47 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

but if Luongo gets off to a bad start, it really hurts his value. Is it worth the risk? Hes a hot commodity right now and it might be better to maximize his value now.

see this is what i don't get when peopel say this, playing bad hurts his value. Did he not end last year by playing badly and being replaced by Schneider in the playoffs? wouldn't this make Schneider the hotter commodity?

#48 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I still think it could go either 1 of 3 ways but here is another piece of evidence in favour of Schneider being moved: In his most recent interview, he can be seen wearing a Vancouver Grizzlies hat. The Grizz are no longer part of the vancouver sportscape. A stretch? Maybe not :emot-parrot:

Say hello to the Luongo Lack show, where Lungo starts 48 games in 2013.

#49 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Give me a break!! Schneider's stats were MILES better than Lou's . Can;t believe you could even write that! You are so far off base, you been watching...or playing Ozzie rules football? No one on this forum has ever got EVERYTHING ass backwards. like that..talk about reverse polarity !! Too bizarre !!!

#50 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Play who's hot. quite simple.
Posted Image

#51 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'd rather not make assumptions and look like an ass.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#52 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

see this is what i don't get when peopel say this, playing bad hurts his value. Did he not end last year by playing badly and being replaced by Schneider in the playoffs? wouldn't this make Schneider the hotter commodity?

Its just that people have short memories but I agree that Schneids is a better buy :)

#53 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,354 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

It hurts his value a bit but everyone knows he is still a good goalie. Schnieder it the hotter commodity? What are you saying? That's pretty common knowledge.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#54 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

not quite, try again.

you rip apart any comment favouring Luongo no matter how much sense it makes or how well thought out it is cause u can't get off Schneider's dick. Hope Schneider does really well for his sake cause people like you will probably be all over him even quicker than Luongo even though you're praising him now.

pls go

First of all
stop saying sucking D
its gross, women and children on these boards.

Apologize
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#55 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

First of all
stop saying sucking D

Apologize

Those comments of his are pretty ironic.

#56 Dral

Dral

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

AV doesn't decide who gets traded and for what - so lets not talk about trades.

During the regular season, if the Nucks have both Lou and Schneider, I honestly don't think Lou is going to be sitting all that much. Sure, the last few PLAYOFF games we had, Schneider was starting... and yes the media (as well as CDC) jumped all over the good-bye Lou bandwagon... and yes it's really unlikely we'll be keeping 2 goalies at a +10mil cap hit between them for any length of time...

But honestly, how is ANYTHING here set in stone? Do people remember how the Sedin sisters were washed up and almost run out of town? Bieksa a few years ago was set to get traded....

Who knows what will happen, but one thing is for absolutely for sure - 100% for sure - I'm totally excited to see what happens

#57 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

First of all
stop saying sucking D

Apologize

no thanks jeff

#58 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,354 posts

I still think it could go either 1 of 3 ways but here is another piece of evidence in favour of Schneider being moved: In his most recent interview, he can be seen wearing a Vancouver Grizzlies hat. The Grizz are no longer part of the vancouver sportscape. A stretch? Maybe not :emot-parrot:

Say hello to the Luongo Lack show, where Lungo starts 48 games in 2013.

So he's moving to Memphis?

Where do you guys come up with this stuff. :shock:
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#59 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Riviera, Nino, Smurf

I may need some back up

LOL
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#60 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

So he's moving to Memphis?

Where do you guys come up with this stuff. :shock:

he's going to go play for the Memphis RiverKings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.