Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elvis15

[Waivers] Next batch of players on waivers

40 posts in this topic

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Today's waivers: E Oberg (TB). G Desbiens, P Mullen (VAN). S Legein, D Meckler, M-A Cliche, T Hickey (LAK). J Pearce, F Pare (DET).

F Wathier, M Fortunas, L Gazdic, T Morin, T Petersen, T Sloan (DAL). S Backman, N McIver, M Watkins, T Wishart (NYI).

[MY EDIT:] More waivers: M Ford, D Syvret (PHI). B Lerg, S Sullivan, B Thomas (COL). P-L Letourneau-Leblond (ANA). T Eckford, H Jessiman, N Lawson (OTT

And WSH: R Potulny, Z Hamill, M Clackson, D Sabourin, P McNeill, G Stafford, K Marshall.

Would love to pick up hickey, hasn't had a chance in LA's system, plus chicago is short on offensive dmen after Connauton

Hickey surprises me.. You think LA would have tried to move him rather than risk waivers. Someone is bound to take him. Edmonton would be likely.

Would love to pick up hickey, hasn't had a chance in LA's system, plus chicago is short on offensive dmen after Connauton

Opened this thread hoping to see Desbiens's name on the list. Hickey and Wishart get snagged?

I don't think the fringe players have much of a choice this season they're been watched closely during the lock out. There's not much room for these guys because there chance has passed this year.

Whoa. Hickey still hasn't played a single game in the NHL after being drafted 4th overall... can you believe that?

NOT suggesting the Canucks should pick him up, they should definitely not.

A little surprised by Wishart being sent down, thought they would wait until the very last second.. at least he's played some games this year, could've been the equivalent to the Canucks' Barker for the Islanders during training camp.

Deadmonton will probably be eyeing Hickey.

Justin Schultz needs a Hickey........Type of d-man to play with him on the pp. ;)

Wouldn't mind Hickey and Wishart for some extra depth.

Ok, if Visnovsky doesn't play (as expected), why waive Wishart? I don't get it, they only have 6 D now?

Surely someone picks up Syvret, he ain`t all that bad.

Ok, if Visnovsky doesn't play (as expected), why waive Wishart? I don't get it, they only have 6 D now?

Hickey has been a captain on pretty much every team he's been on. Had a devastating injury that set him back a year and a half in his development.

Honestly, I think he'd be a more dependable 8th d-man than Barker.

Last report was he's on the bus with his KHL team to go to their next road game. The bus may or may not be named after his favourite aunt, so that could be personal reasons...

I'm not convinced by Barker from past performance, but am willing to keep an open mind. Granted, Gillis couldn't have known who would get waived, but surprised he didn't keep him on a PTO and then see if someone better would come available. I guess he could consider a player good enough for him to want to claim wouldn't even get to us, and even if they did they could get claimed if we had to send them down later.