304 replies to this topic

#151 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I dont support such an extreme negative view, but I dont feel satisfied that the Canucks have learnt from their past mistakes. We still see that yapping and the chirping crap from Burrows and Lapierre, which distracts from their game, and all that diving crap which irritates the refs and turns them against the team and gives an officiating advantage to the opposing team. And they focus way too much on getting the presidents trophey and being the number one team in the reg season and then they run out of energy come the post season. They need to address these issues and acquire the right tools for play-off success rather than just reg season success.

#152 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Good troll, 5 pages of replies in 8 hours. You get an 8/10.

Shawn Rocker 2.0
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#153 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Shawn Rocker 2.0

What ever happened to Shawn, I still think he was the "Gretzky" of pissing everyone off, the guy could write, you gotta admit.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#154 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hmm .. two President's trophies in a row. But all of a sudden we're in 9th place or worse, says King of the BS. I won't even mention in any detail the immediate improvement with a pending Luongo trade. Too bad this trollishness was (of course) composed on teh interwebz. I'd go for a $10,000 bet straight up.

#155 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

What ever happened to Shawn, I still think he was the "Gretzky" of pissing everyone off, the guy could write, you gotta admit.

It's easy enough to do. I mean, I could do it but I'm not a troll
Posted Image

#156 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I laughed.
Posted Image

#157 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Goalie situation is a blessing.
Team has a lot of rising talent fully capable of another level - Hansen, Weise, Lappy could easily far exceed expectations. MayRay also can (and likely will) return to form. Higgins will be great as usual. Kas...well, who knows. He is motivated.
D-corps looking quite good!
Kes and Booth will be back and when they are, they will beast it up just in time for the run up into the playoffs.
22, 33, 14!!!!!
No way in hell this team misses the playoffs. In fact...PLAN THE DAMN PARADE!!

Edited by osu canuckeye, 16 January 2013 - 05:02 PM.

<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#158 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Ask Rick Nash if going to Europe was a good idea.

#159 JustNazzy

JustNazzy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. The Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

Like my new shirt?

Posted Image

3-1_zps2a110f68.png

#160 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

lol at flames winning the division.. your argument fell apart for me after that point..
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#161 Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I like how some of you call him a troll and Kings fans instead of counter-arguing his points.

Come on now, people. He is allowed to post his opinion, even if he doesn't think Nucks win the Cup.

#162 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I always thought of Rocker as being more the Joe Sacco. He's no better or worse than someone like Slegr is now and his posts always reflected an newspaper article that had been written within a few days of his threads. Lots of content (in terms of amount) but very little really good trolling. Far too obvious.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 16 January 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#163 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I like how some of you call him a troll and Kings fans instead of counter-arguing his points.

Come on now, people. He is allowed to post his opinion, even if he doesn't think Nucks win the Cup.

Several people countered his points several times actually.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#164 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

This is the best prediction you've made.
You should make this your sig.

You also gotta meet/might just be/ Banned From Truth.

Edited by oldnews, 16 January 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#165 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

In a sentence, I am officially predicting the Canucks WILL make the playoffs in 2013
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#166 Kingsman

Kingsman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Playing in Europe isn't always a good thing.

Ask a Kings fan how thrilled they are that Anze Kopitar went to Europe. And I'm sure the Sharks are pleased to be without Jason Demers for 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist at the Spengler Cup.

Ugh! not happy at all about Kopitar's knee injury... and on the night before the CBA was reached of all things. Turns out the injury isn't as bad as first thought. Kopitar was back on the ice yesterday and commented that his knee felt good. He's still going to be out a few games which is still a bummer.And by the way, no way do the Canucks miss the playoffs this season. They are still the class of the division until the Wild, Flames, Oilers or Avs prove otherwise.

#167 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Sorry, King, I would disagree with you on this one. Although, it won't be a cakewalk as the past 2 years, they will still make the playoffs. They still have the Sedins and they have great blue liners and goaltending. They also have a system in place. I won't be surprised if they switch to the trap under AV if it looks like the season will be in peril.

Props to you though for posting your opinion knowing how hostile CDC can be when they see an opinion different from theirs.

Actually, I think there will come a time when we have to remove the word forum in these pages as there's a treat of ban if your thinking is different from the mainstream.

CDC - the one-sided forum...
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#168 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Sorry, King, I would disagree with you on this one. Although, it won't be a cakewalk as the past 2 years, they will still make the playoffs. They still have the Sedins and they have great blue liners and goaltending. They also have a system in place. I won't be surprised if they switch to the trap under AV if it looks like the season will be in peril.

Props to you though for posting your opinion knowing how hostile CDC can be when they see an opinion different from theirs.

Actually, I think there will come a time when we have to remove the word forum in these pages as there's a treat of ban if your thinking is different from the mainstream.

CDC - the one-sided forum...

This is silly.

There are plenty of people with different opinion; negative or otherwise on this site who don't get reported or warned or threatened to be banned. This whining that this would have anything to do with having a differing opinion is bunk.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#169 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

this thread brings out all the trolls

#170 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

This is silly.

There are plenty of people with different opinion; negative or otherwise on this site who don't get reported or warned or threatened to be banned. This whining that this would have anything to do with having a differing opinion is bunk.

Why do you see my Private messages from the mods and admin?

#171 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

This is silly.

............and do you know Wilbur?

#172 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

^^^ You know........there's this thing called the 'edit' button on posts so you don't have to spam several answers to the same post....

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#173 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the team will take a good drop in standings this year, i think it is a long stretch to think that they will miss the playoffs but it certainly has happened before.

What really amazes me is the post by the female mod who seems way out of line.

#174 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

^^^ You know........there's this thing called the 'edit' button on posts so you don't have to spam several answers to the same post....

Where is it? Please. And is that against the T.O.S.? I'm going to assume you know since someboday said you were a former mod.

#175 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the team will take a good drop in standings this year, i think it is a long stretch to think that they will miss the playoffs but it certainly has happened before.

What really amazes me is the post by the female mod who seems way out of line.

and the poster who answered my post above didn't seem to notice it before the rebuttal. Yeah....one-sided.

#176 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Where is it? Please. And is that against the T.O.S.? I'm going to assume you know since someboday said you were a former mod.

Why is what against the TOS? The edit button....mouse over the area just to the left of the multi-quote button......click on edit when it shows up. It opens the window to your post so you can edit.

It will leave a notation at the bottom of your post that you have edited the original post.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 16 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#177 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Why is what against the TOS? The edit button....mouse over the area just to the left of the multi-quote button......click on edit when it shows up. It opens the window to your post so you can edit.

The one-time non-use of the edit button (aka spam). Is it against the TOS?

Oh and thanks, I found it.

#178 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

The one-time non-use of the edit button (aka spam). Is it against the TOS?

Oh and thanks, I found it.

Spamming is against the board rules. It can be seen as trying to up your post count, which is a no-no. And board users find it terribly annoying when multiple posts are used to respond to the same post.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 16 January 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#179 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Spamming is against the board rules. It can be seen as trying to up your post count, which is a no-no. And board users find it terribly annoying when multiple posts are used to answer the same post.

Crystal. Yo.

#180 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

To be honest if you look at the West itself, your right, when you say Edmonton, and maybe Minnesota has improved. How much did improve? Did they improve enough to be a playoff team? Or maybe from last place team, to a bottom 10 team, thats an improvement, but not a big enough step. Minnesota improved, however, Nashville, and Detroit took a step back for sure, with both teams losing a star defencemen.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.