Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
308 replies to this topic

#301 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

I think we will see him up here on Tuesday but a player will likely be waiver tomorrow so it Schroeder can play on wedenesday? it only a 24 hr window for waiver now.........

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#302 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

No, he's on a two way contract. Will not clear waivers. Barker has better chance of clearing.

That's the most likely scenario unless Barker finds a way to show us something special and warrant keeping him around for his potential over Vandermeer's toughness.

I'd love to see him back soon.

Hopefully we can quickly determine which defenseman to lose via waivers so that we can put Ebbett back in the press box as the 13th forward and have Schroeder on the 2nd line.

I guess they're either going to make the call from practices or we may yet see them in a game to test them out. It doesn't get any easier to put them in when we're looking for our first win still.

It's all still so much fan speculation that we'll see Schroeder before the Calgary game or anything similar. I don't see it being too likely just yet, even if Ebbett hasn't been stellar.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#303 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

That's the most likely scenario unless Barker finds a way to show us something special and warrant keeping him around for his potential over Vandermeer's toughness.

I guess they're either going to make the call from practices or we may yet see them in a game to test them out. It doesn't get any easier to put them in when we're looking for our first win still.

It's all still so much fan speculation that we'll see Schroeder before the Calgary game or anything similar. I don't see it being too likely just yet, even if Ebbett hasn't been stellar.

And now that Vandemeer is on waivers?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#304 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,410 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Schroeder = last forward and player in general cut and nobody else has taken that spot away from him in the last few days.

Vandermeer going thru waivers = one extra roster spot.

'Writing is on the wall' one could say.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 21 January 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#305 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

And now that Vandemeer is on waivers?

It's still speculation, but I guess we'll see. I can guess what I think they'll do, but it appears they don't read my posts.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#306 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Add to the fact that he hasn't played a single game for the Wolves since being "sent down".

#307 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Perfect game for Schroeder's debut.

Nothing says 1st career goal like the Calgary Flames.

#308 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,763 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I have a feeling this will be the lineup wednesday:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Schroeder - Raymond
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Weise - Malhotra - Volpatti

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Barker - Tanev

Schneider
Posted Image

#309 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

What was the reward they received?... Seems to me the kings were the ones rewarded with carter and Richards playing for them.

Absolutely agree, what I meant to say was that they aren't afraid to play their youngsters, and as we can see, they can really play.
Of course, it's really dependant on the team and the player. Maybe Schroeder isn't ready for a full-time NHL spot, but he's been developing since '09, it's about time he gets a little bit of ice-time, especially ahead of Ebbett.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.