34 replies to this topic

#31 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

My fear as well. There is a lot of material to cover but considering the story's structure, a lot could be cut out without hurting the overall storyline. My only stipulation is that Anthony Hopkins would have to return as Ted Brautigan, non-negotiable.

Jesus. What a nightmare trying to cast those movies. The only people I think could pull it off would be HBO, look what they did with Rome, they can pull off The Dark Tower.

#32 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Jesus. What a nightmare trying to cast those movies. The only people I think could pull it off would be HBO, look what they did with Rome, they can pull off The Dark Tower.

Not to mention the fantastic job they've done with Game of Thrones.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#33 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

AMC might be able to pull it off...

Posted Image

#34 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

Not to mention the fantastic job they've done with Game of Thrones.

Totally. They could do it, and they could pay to do it right.

AMC might be able to pull it off...

I don't want to be a naysayer here, but I'm not sold on that thought. There is too much of a sci-fi/fantasy theme that doesn't normally come from AMC.

Having said that, if they did make it (which they won't if the rights belong to someone else) I would watch the hell out of it.

And I throw in another vote for Army of Darkness.

#35 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Not a movie but I really want to see a remake of Shogun. Better graphics can make for better battle scenes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.