The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ebett needs to be sent back to the AHL

Lemieux

That Ebett Kassian combination is a failure.

That was this play in the third period when Ebett got the puck in the slot with no one around. Guess what, instead of focusing on the goal, he suddenly skated to the boards and then cycled the puck to Kassian behind the net. That wasn't an NHL play. That was an ECHL play. In the NHL, you go for the net. Just watch some Brett Hull videos to get a clue. This team is horrible without Kesler and real NHL talent.

Yeah, I was at the game. Our goaltending was definitely sub-par

Ebbet looked terrible. Ballard was awful. Kassian was OK, but seemed a bit lost at times.

Garrison and Edler looked great. VOlpatti had a lot of energy.

Lots to improve on. Back on the grind tomorrow!

:ph34r:

I've been an Ebbett fan for a long time now but he is not a top-6 forward. His game is best suited for a 10-12 minute 3rd or 4th line checking role with a bit of offence.

Kassian was amazing tonight, Weise was surprisingly good as was Hansen and Volpatti. Of our entire forward group, the only ones that really disappointed me tonight were Burrows, Ebbett, Raymond and Malhotra. Shame two of them are centers.

I've been an Ebbett fan for a long time now but he is not a top-6 forward. His game is best suited for a 10-12 minute 3rd or 4th line checking role with a bit of offence.

Kassian was amazing tonight, Weise was surprisingly good as was Hansen and Volpatti. Of our entire forward group, the only ones that really disappointed me tonight were Burrows, Ebbett, Raymond and Malhotra. Shame two of them are centers.

The problem wasn't really Ebbett, it's that Ebbett and Raymond were on the same line.

It's obvious by now that Raymond is not very strong on the puck, nor a very good checker. Ebbett's biggest drawback is obviously his size. Those two combined make it easier for the other team to dominate physically. Kassian looked great, but I think the lines should be re-arranged

Raymond - Lapierre - Kassian

Higgins - Ebbett - Hansen

The feistiness of Higgins and Hansen can make up for Ebbett's lack of size and Lapierre & Kassian can kick ass.

Edit: Or even Manny on that 3rd line to give it a checking line feel...

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Lapierre - Kassian

Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen

Volpatti - Ebbett - Weise

Ebbett isn't the perfect 4th line center, but I think that maximizes the potential for the 1st-3rd line and the 4th could be used a little more sparingly depending on the situation.

Archived