The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

After seeing what Kassian did to Eager last night I dont think Vandy is an absolute need.

We have what he can bring, and we need to change on the 2nd line, not a huge fan of potentially losing Vandy either but Schroeder is a bigger need and he is the odd man out unfortunatley.

Yeah, it was just a couple shots by Kassian, but one of them freakin' destroyed Eager. He left and never came back. It pissed Eager off so much he was trying to punch Zack in the back of the head.

That's why Kassian was waving his arms around. He knew the damage he did.

Now...When are people going to realize it IS important to have a heavy on your team. This league is not so PC that it doesn't matter. Just look at how we've been pushed around, and by who, in the last couple years.

In the NHL it will ALWAYS be important to have a guy who can stand up for his teammates. Anyone saying otherwise is just not paying attention.

The Canucks have been soft and I'm sick of it.

Someone should have beat down that punk Marchand. Someone should have absolutely killed Duncan Keith.

Kassian is a guy that can do it. But I agree, we have too many guys who haven't embraced that role. I would have loved to have Vandemeer here. One tough guy is good, two is way better. They can back each other up.

Anyway, with any luck he'll be back. That footage of him smiling and fighting Lucic should have been enough to keep him here in the first place.

I, for one, am sick of people taking liberties with our stars and not having to answer for it. Whatever you think about fighting, that is what's happening. No one should ever get away with touching one of the Sedins without answering the bell.

You don't believe me, just ask Gretzky, or for that matter, look up Lidstrom's comments about the subject from last year.

Go Zack!

Archived