The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Jim Vandermeer

hope he clears..

as for kassian i think he won the fight but either way what i really liked about that fight was he did not wait until Eager did something to the Sedins.

We all know what kind of a player Eager is and i can bet you he was not on the ice against the Sedins to do anything else then intimidate them (or run them if he gets the chance) I don't know if that is what Kass was thinking but he ended up taking Eager out of the game for a minimum of 5 min were the Sedins and everyone else can play with a little less worry about being run.

So he took him self off the Ice for 5 min how would everyone be reacting if a Sedin was run by this guy again and actually got hurt.

Win or Lose he did the right thing.

I think we're fine for toughness: Weise, Volpatti, Kassian, Lapierre (+20 lbs), Bieksa, Ballard (can fight), and Alberts if needed. Vandermeer was sent down due to having 9 D. I would have liked Barker to be the one waived, but he just signed and his contract is a one way. No sense in having 600k in the minors (of which the Wolves pay partial), when you can send down a guy making 200k at that level.

My post subject wasn't strictly about who won the fight, but are you a UFC fan? When UFC first came out I think it was UFC 3 or 4 Joyce Grace beat his opponent by submission but was unable to continue to next fight. This was the first UFC Grace didn't win.

Just because you can't practice the next day doesn't mean you lost the fight.

Eager vs Kass fight was a draw.

Some one once said if you keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results it means your are Insane. Canucks keep trying to win the Cup with a soft team year after year.

They should have kept Vandermeer and put him in the lineup when a tough team comes to town. He doesn't need to play big minutes or to play every game. They could even dress 7 Dmen for those games. Hopefully Vandermeer doesn't get claimed.

This is a ridiculous move. I thought MG had learned after losing to LA and BOS the last 2 years.

My post subject wasn't strictly about who won the fight, but are you a UFC fan? When UFC first came out I think it was UFC 3 or 4 Joyce Grace beat his opponent by submission but was unable to continue to next fight. This was the first UFC Grace didn't win.

Just because you can't practice the next day doesn't mean you lost the fight.

Eager vs Kass fight was a draw.

Who are you kidding? Barker has some former pedigree and with the current contract would be gone in a heartbeat. Puck moving D-man 2 years (injury-plagued) removed from a 40-point season. I liked the Vandemeer signing but he's a fringe NHL'er at this point.

only a homer would say Kassian beat up Eager. Kassian landed 1 shot above the eye resulting in a cut. Eager landed 2 shots to the back of Kassian's head and took him down. It was a draw.

Edit: In a fight it's not how you start, it's how you finish. While Kass started strong with a punch he ended taking 2 shots to the head and going down.

Lol you begin saying that you're statement wasn't about the fight and who won or loss but proceeded to say it was a draw.

I also wouldn't say that Eager not going to practice is the deciding factor to a fight win but overall Kassian did win the fight, drew blood, fought a douchbag player that everyone hates, and he proceeded to fist pump the crowd to rile up the crowd. This kid is awesome.

I'm not a UFC fan meaning I don't go out of my way to watch it....I gues I'm a casual mma fan.

But this is hockey and not mma.....and and take downs are over rated in hockey....most takedowns occur because. A guy is overmatched and would rather end the fight through wrestling his opponent to the ice rather than with punches....eager is also a cheap prick....that you can't argue....in his fight with bieksa even though he clearly out punched KB he still tried to injure bieksa by lifting him up by the pants....again this is hockey and there is a code.

Eager took some heavy shots underneath and while both off balance went for the takedown and through some cheap rabbit punches while on the ice for good measure.

At any rate eager wasn't at work today cos he was bloodied and beaten in a fight....while kassian whooped it up to the box and continued earning his pay today....

So if you're still gonna call that a tie a feel sorry for a true loser in your opinion.

Again mma is not the NHL.....people who confuse the two really don't know hockey. After all the objective of a hockey fight is not a hip toss or rear naked choke.....it's to beat the crap out of your opponents face whole standing up on your skates.

That's why most NHL fighter train in MMA in the of season right. Including Kevin Bieksa.

A punch in the head is a punch in the head, I don't care if it's on the ice, in a bar, in a boxing ring or octagon. They all hurt.

I'm with Shorty: 10-8 Kassian.

I like Vandermeer but if we look at what's going to help win games I think it's hard to ignore his underlying numbers - he faced the second weakest competition of anyone on the Sharks last year, had the 5th worst relative corsi, and had 53.1% offensive zone starts - he a great character guy who is very solid and those are valuable intangibles, but having that role filled by a blueliner is not ideal.

Archived