#2791 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

OK :towel:

Is it too much to ask for Tarasenko if we chip in Raymond...

But seriously; I don't see why St Louis would not be re-signing Halak or Elliot before they gave up assets for a signed guy. They can also play them till their contracts expire, and acquire someone like Bryzgalov for a similar cap hit. Completely irrelevant, everyone thought he was funnier than Lou until just recently!

:wacko:

All that said Berglund is otherwise fair value for Lou; but it's all pretty far fetched?

Fun conversation though!

This. Plus they have Allen in the system as well.

That said.. If we could swing a deal around Schwartz/Berglund and maybe Rattie + Elliot it would be sweet :frantic:

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2792 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Yes. Take Luongo out of the equation, lose Schneider's competitiveness; lose an edge.

Conversely, lose Schneider, it won't make a dent in Luongo's play.

You're trying too hard 101.
If you put that kind of effort into your proposals...

#2793 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,773 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

POPULAR

Yes. Take Luongo out of the equation, lose Schneider's competitiveness; lose an edge.

Conversely, lose Schneider, it won't make a dent in Luongo's play.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

...Did it get stuck?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2794 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Can you actually stop?

Can you?

#2795 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Settle down kids

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#2796 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Settle down kids

Don't make me pull over!
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#2797 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

- Lyle Richardson, THN's Rumour Roundup

Halak and Stewart for Luongo.

Melanson can get back to fixing whatever has gone wrong for Jaro since he left Montreal (in fact there was an article that said Halak approached Melanson for help when STL was here last year).

OK :towel:

Is it too much to ask for Tarasenko if we chip in Raymond...

But seriously; I don't see why St Louis would not be re-signing Halak or Elliot before they gave up assets for a signed guy. They can also play them till their contracts expire, and acquire someone like Bryzgalov for a similar cap hit. Completely irrelevant, everyone thought Bryzzy was funnier than Lou until just recently!

:wacko:

All that said Berglund is otherwise fair value for Lou; but it's all pretty far fetched?

Fun conversation though!

Hitchcock had him as the starter and then Halak pulled the plug in the pregame skate. Reports started coming out that he just didn't want to play. There could be a fractious relationship there...

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2798 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Melanson can get back to fixing whatever has gone wrong for Jaro since he left Montreal (in fact there was an article that said Halak approached Melanson for help when STL was here last year).

Hitchcock had him as the starter and then Halak pulled the plug in the pregame skate. Reports started coming out that he just didn't want to play. There could be a fractious relationship there...

I hadn't heard about Halak approaching Melanson, but all the reports I heard about Halak late last week were he was pushing to get back to playing and really wanted to start. The only thing that held him back was tweaking his groin again a little in warm up so he couldn't start.

St. Louis Blues: Jaroslav Halak re-injures groin in warmups

Blues goalie Jaroslav Halak was scheduled to return to the net, which meant the struggling Brian Elliott would return to the bench.

Unfortunately, it was Elliott who got the start on Monday and not Halak. Halak reinjured his groin during warmups and was unable to make the start between the pipes.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2799 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

If Philadelphia really wanted to get rid of Bryzgalov, this would be the time. If the reports out there are true, Bryzgalov would be a great fit in St.Louis. He would fit there system perfectly and I'm sure Philadelphia could get a decent return for him.
That would open the doors to Luongo going to Philadephia. I think a 3 way trade is the way this Luongo trade will go down. Not neccesarily the the teams I'm mentioning now but something along those lines.

#2800 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

If Philadelphia really wanted to get rid of Bryzgalov, this would be the time. If the reports out there are true, Bryzgalov would be a great fit in St.Louis. He would fit there system perfectly and I'm sure Philadelphia could get a decent return for him.
That would open the doors to Luongo going to Philadephia. I think a 3 way trade is the way this Luongo trade will go down. Not neccesarily the the teams I'm mentioning now but something along those lines.

Bryzgalov's contract is the problem. What a team will get in his goal tending will not match what they pay this guy. That's Philly wants to get rid of him.

#2801 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Can you?

Troll you should stop, if you dont want to be banned. js

#2802 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Bryzgalov's contract is the problem. What a team will get in his goal tending will not match what they pay this guy. That's Philly wants to get rid of him.

Do you see how good Smith is doing in Phoenix? In my opinion it has to do with the system. Bryzgalov looked like a superstar there and now Smith looks like a superstar. I don't think Bryzgalov is a bad goalie, I just think the Flyers don't have a good system.
Could you imagine Bryzgalov playing under Hitchcocks's system? That would be a scary thing.

Edited by Italia2006, 15 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#2803 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Can you?

not getting much support are you from this gang...pity !!

#2804 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I wish they were both in Columbus... <_<

Do you see how good Smith is doing in Phoenix? In my opinion it has to do with the system. Bryzgalov looked like a superstar there and now Smith looks like a superstar. I don't think Bryzgalov is a bad goalie, I just think the Flyers don't have a good system.
Could you imagine Bryzgalov playing under Hitchcocks's system? That would be a scary thing.

#2805 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,108 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't know...it wouldn't scare me all that much. Seeing as Halak already has a better lifetime save% than Breezy, (and better GAA as well) I'd be less scared than I am now.

What would be really scary is replacing the #8 all-time ave% (Halak) with the guy who has the #5 all-time save%. (Actually, tied with Henrik Lundqvist for 4th) Some guy named Luongo...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#2806 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,021 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'd love to see Bryzgalov playing uner Hitchcock - that would be great if St. Louis downgraded and took him out of Philly - can't imagine it happening, but would love to see it.

#2807 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

If not Brouwer, then who? I don't see what's wrong with him. He's big. He plays a very physical style which will help Schroeder. He skates well. He's fairly solid on defense and has offensive upside. He does have a larger cap hit than either Raymond or Higgins, but with the cap leaving the team in my proposal he could be fit in rather nicely.

Granted, with the Malhotra situation being as it now is, it has re-focused attention on the center position.

And Hamrlik is a cap/salary/contract dump. I believe Washington would want a bit of relief in return for the amount they are taking on. He would be gone at the end of the season when his contract was done.

regards,
G.

Brouwer is legit.

Add a couple of big tough bodies and watch the rest of the teams swag. This team will play at another level.

Edited by iluvbc, 15 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#2808 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

This fractious relationship; is it a true goalie controversy?

Does he dislike Hitchcock? I'm told he wears on players over a period, genius and winner or not.

Was he pushing for a new contract this off season and was knocked back? There could be something there I suppose? St Lou according to the Forbes report is the lowest revenue team in the league AND losing money. I doubt their new president would have been rewarding Halak with a Bryzgalov contract upon arrival. Hey, their tandem is signed this year and next (for less than Lou's real dollar pay) with what their market called the best tandem in the league.... I wouldn't overpay Halak either because he can fall back on last years save %leader in the league.

His first mandate HAS to be returning to the black. Not overpaying.

I'm not claiming to be a genius, but if St Lou were to part ways with Halak who has solid trade value, I'm guessing they want something to push them over the top (don't forget they have a pretty good team!) not an even more expensive goalie controversy...

But if they're seriously willing to dismantle their team by tossing us Patrick Berglund for Lou straight up (the post I was responding to), handing us exactly what we need, take on a 3rd goalie and an $6.7 mill per year payout while losing millions to solve (?) their conundrum I'm all for it...

Maybe there is a 3 way deal to be landed somehow, but i just don't see this one.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 15 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

#2809 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Sorry, I should have commented on this; not just a rebuttle more based on a different trade posted by someone else. My apologies.

Is there any reason to think we would get Stewart in 2009/10 from? He scored a ton, and is the 220 lb body we crave for our right side. Him and Kassian sound very menacing...

But Stewart has not thrived at all under Hitchcock, who's system and expectation is similar to AV's. The counter: we would get a great return re-trading Halak in summer after being offered insurance for a run and toying with Stewart is intriguing. Intriguing, but like with Kassian last year (who was out of form then) will that get us a cup this year? I'm saying that trade is not going down, but its interesting.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 15 February 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#2810 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Agree about the system 100%. Also big teams improve goalie numbers.

#2811 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Only was St.Lois gets Luongo is with a massive overpayment.

Otherwise no way MG gives them a pice that would help beat Canucks in the plaqyoffs.

#2812 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,003 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Only was St.Lois gets Luongo is with a massive overpayment.

Otherwise no way MG gives them a pice that would help beat Canucks in the plaqyoffs.

Pietrangelo :emot-parrot:

I'm just playin. I'd do Oshie+ and Elliot for Luongo

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2813 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Schneider
Raymond

Brouwer
Nuervith
Orlov

Just stop. This is bad. I wouldn't do it for Luongo.

- Lyle Richardson, THN's Rumour Roundup

Hmmm.. Makes no sense to me.

But if St.Louis is even a remote possibility (Which I don't see at all)

I would also be interested in Berglund. I would also be interested in Sobotka.

Again I don't see it though.

zackass.png

#2814 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

If this is legit:

VAN
Berglund
Sobotka
Jaskin
Elliot

STL
Luongo
Higgins
Connaution
3rd

zackass.png

#2815 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

If this is legit:

VAN
Berglund
Sobotka
Jaskin
Elliot

STL
Luongo
Higgins
Connaution
3rd

Elliot went to my high school and Berglund is a man possessed so I would do it. St. Louis would never do it though since Halak is younger and cheaper, and where would Berglund fit with a healthy Kesler? He's a 2nd line center.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#2816 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Elliot went to my high school and Berglund is a man possessed so I would do it. St. Louis would never do it though since Halak is younger and cheaper, and where would Berglund fit with a healthy Kesler? He's a 2nd line center.

Not 100% sure but I would think Berglund might work on the wing. Just my hope. He is big and a playmaker, would work wonders with Kes and Booth.

And speaking of Elliot he could be the back-up we are looking for once a trade is made.

Last year was a fluke, he is still an average goalie, he is a serviceable backup and with Allen waiting in the wings for the Blues Elliot would be expendable.

Should look at picking him up if we trade a goaltender to someone else.

zackass.png

#2817 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

I hadn't heard about Halak approaching Melanson, but all the reports I heard about Halak late last week were he was pushing to get back to playing and really wanted to start. The only thing that held him back was tweaking his groin again a little in warm up so he couldn't start.

St. Louis Blues: Jaroslav Halak re-injures groin in warmups

The rumour was that he just simply didn't want to start that game. I can't remember where I heard/read it. Believe it or not, makes no difference to me.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2818 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

To St.Louis:

Luongo
Higgins
Connaughton

To Van:

Stewart
Rattie

--

Hitchcock would love Higgins' defensive play and a reliable forward. We get an inconsistent powerforward but with alot of upside and add more toughness to the lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Weise - Lappiere - Stewart

#2819 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

To St.Louis:

Luongo
Higgins
Connaughton

To Van:

Stewart
Rattie

We overpay, especially to only have Stewart on the 4th line.

zackass.png

#2820 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

We overpay, especially to only have Stewart on the 4th line.

He will not stay there permanently, he or Kassian can switch up and down the lineup.

But thats Stanley Cup winning depth right there, you can never have enough talent on your team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.