The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin "Silva" Bieksa's knee on Belesky

LeanBeef

You are a homer if you think Bieska won that fight. Reminds me of the Boston commentators, they make it sound like the Boston players win every fight and every other teams players are cheap and coward.

Ps bieska didn't win that fight but he didn't lose by much, or you can say its a tie if y don't want get too technical and just wait for rematch

I noticed how the commentators said that Bieksa is one of the toughest *underrated* guys in the NHL. And then quoted George Parros saying so. A lot of fans here have criticized him for not being *tough* enough, but I guess others around the league would disagree.

I think part of the reason we haven't seen Bieksa do much fighting these past 2 seasons is because of how the team relies on the top pairing. But I think with the 3rd pairing playing so well, and being able to play in almost any situation that the 1st and 2nd could, will free him up a bit.

You are a homer if you think Bieska won that fight. Reminds me of the Boston commentators, they make it sound like the Boston players win every fight and every other teams players are cheap and coward.

Ps bieska didn't win that fight but he didn't lose by much, or you can say its a tie if y don't want get too technical and just wait for rematch

Unfortunately everyone knows what they are going to do next........one of about a million stupid drop passes in the neutral zone....... :) Seriously, other teams are not intimidated by the Canucks or Kevin Bieksa's toughness at all and you can see it in how they play against them. It has not slowed down the number of cheap shots taken against the Sedins and others in two years (and it seems to actually be getting worse), so why would it suddenly deter them now? Come playoff time, will the Canucks drop the gloves when someone slashes Henrik or Daniel's ankle or elbows them in the face? They haven't for a long time and nothing suggests they will this year either. I hope I am wrong but I fear I am not.

Archived