The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion + Proposal) Would you give up Luongo + 2 1st's (2013 & '14) for Huberdeau & Bjugstad?

My answer is YES.

Its really for discussion but here is my proposal:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Florida:

Roberto Luongo, Jordan Schroeder, Kevin Connauton, VAN 2013 1st + VAN 2014 1st

To Vancouver:

Jonathan Huberdeau & Nick Bjugstad

Luongo + 2013 = Huberdeau

Schoeder, Connauton + 2014 1st = Bjugstad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- We have to cut some salary and get younger

- If Florida continues this losing streak, this could work out better for both teams

- Huberdeau is most likely an "untouchable" in Florida, but we could maybe get him with that extra 1st

- Luongo would be able to play more comfortably down in Florida

- Florida has the cap space to make this type of move

VAN 2013-2014

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Huberdeau Kesler Booth

Higgins/Raymond Bjugstad Burrows

Jensen Lapierre Hansen

Volpatti, Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Alberts Barker

Schneider & Läck / Backup (Ellis?)

FLA 2013-2014

Fleischmann Weiss Kovalev?

Kopecky Schroeder Versteeg

Bergenheim Shore Mueller

Smithson Goc Upshall

Santorelli, Parros

Campbell Kuba

Jovanovski Gudbranson

Kulikov Weaver

Ellerby Strachan

Luongo & Theodore / Clemmensen

DISCUSS.

from a canucks viewpoint: absolutely get two grade A prospects huberdeau can play centre and wing. Wouldnt help us for this year especially with kesler out as huberdeau isnt ready to be a centre in the NHL but for the future would be a huge coup for mike gillis.

florida i doubt they would touch this deal with a 10 foot pole just for the optics of the deal from a management perspective. trade your almost nhl ready prospects for an NHL goalie that is in his prime and rebuild with 2 1st round picks? doesnt make a ton of sense.

from a canucks viewpoint: absolutely get two grade A prospects huberdeau can play centre and wing. Wouldnt help us for this year especially with kesler out as huberdeau isnt ready to be a centre in the NHL but for the future would be a huge coup for mike gillis.

florida i doubt they would touch this deal with a 10 foot pole just for the optics of the deal from a management perspective. trade your almost nhl ready prospects for an NHL goalie that is in his prime and rebuild with 2 1st round picks? doesnt make a ton of sense.

Huberdeau would be a steal; clutch future franchise cornerstones aren't available every day!

Wouldn't mind if Bjugstad but def. target Big Game Johnny first! Lu and 2014 1st pref. for Huberdeau, since it's been said that this year's draft will be pretty strong and full of franchise-type guys and it would be great to get someone big and bruising like Darnell Nurse at the end of 1st round. Also I'd like to see how Gaunce's skating pans out before rushing out to get Bjugstad.

Archived