Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

GHEESH!!

7 game sample and you conclude this?!!

Go grab another Fosters, put some shrimp on the barby and leave the goaltending analysis to rational minds.

No, actually it's reflective of a 12 year sample of a career SV% of 0.919 and GAA of 2.52. It's called being an elite veteran goaltender with proven pedigree.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#92 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Typical over reaction ; Luo has a couple good games with one shutout(which was not a steal) and Luo = God. Cory has a coulpe so/so games and one shutout( which I beleave was the more difficult win) and Cory = not ready. You're awesome DownUndacanuck you are always good for a laugh.

Is it?

Or is it a typical over reaction to name an unproven goaltender as the #1 over a proven 12 year veteran elite goaltender after he starts 3 playoff games?

You decide.

Which, by the way, I have not heard either our GM or coach utter from their mouths - that Schneider is the "#1". It's all been the media and fans.

Edited by Dasein, 30 January 2013 - 11:56 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#93 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

"Spectacular"? C'mon, Lou had maybe 6 tough saves all night against what was basically an AHL team with a goalie doing his best Lou-in-the-playoffs imitation. If anything Lou should be taking the refs out for dinner. Also congratulations to AV for further muddying the already confusing goaltending picture here by tossing Lou the easy softball game. Watch Schneider ask for a trade if this keeps up. I for one would laugh if that happened.

hahahahahahahahahhaa, I seriously doubt that. Schneider has been waiting years in the Canucks system to finally be the number 1, I think he can wait a shortened season because I will be really surprised if we start next season with Luongo unless if he wins us the cup
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#94 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

The only reason Schneider was dubbed our starter was because he had 3 good games in the playoffs and Luongo had 2. Sorry but that's not reason to overthrow one of the league's best goalies.

Luongo is back and deserves his starting job again. Schneider has been brutal so far, Luongo has been spectacular and AV is going with whoever gives his team the best chance to win, which is Luongo. He better not sit a red-hot goalie coming off a shutout - it's Luongo's game against Chicago. Big game for a big game player which will really decide his fate as starter on this team. If Luongo plays well against Chicago and gets our team the win look-out Schneider...

For all of you Schneider stats fans out there who thought he deserves to be the starter because of his good stats last year, have a look at this:

Schneider - GAA of 3.13, Save % of 0.897
Luongo - GAA of 1.61, Save % of 0.938

Sorry but Luongo was, is and will be the Canucks best goalie ever. Schneider, take a seat and watch how it's done because you're clearly not ready for the big job.

The reason Schneider was dubbed our starter wasn't just because of 3 games in the last playoffs--if you seriously think that you clearly didn't watch many nucks games last season. Schneider has been not brutal so far--he's been fine except the first game, where he (and every one else) was really bad.

Also, posting stats and making conclusions based on goalies who have both only played 4 games so far is laughable. Honestly, it seems like you have multiple accounts and just thumbs up all your posts or something. I hope so anyway, because if 7 people actually agreed with this stupid post, CDC is even worse than I thought.

#95 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,575 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Congrats Luuuuu! He looked so much more poised and calm out there. Great to know he's still a Canuck

Much better effort all around
Nice effort on the goals by Lapierre and Garrison, and a great play on the goal by Sasquatch aka Kassian
The D's played much better today. Less trouble clearing the zone and a fantastic effort defensively on the PK.
Burrows in particular was fantastic.

Good win
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#96 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Congrats Luuuuu! He looked so much more poised and calm out there. Great to know he's still a Canuck

Much better effort all around
Nice effort on the goals by Lapierre and Garrison, and a great play on the goal by Sasquatch aka Kassian
The D's played much better today. Less trouble clearing the zone and a fantastic effort defensively on the PK.
Burrows in particular was fantastic.

Good win

Ugh, we're going to start calling him Sasquatch? That's pretty terrible <_<

I was also glad to see our D was more on the ball tonight. That being said, this was a Colorado team without one of their top scorers and their main leader. They aren't known to be an offensively explosive team regardless so I think it was an easier match up than usual for our D. I think they'll gain confidence from this though and that's definitely a good thing.

edit: I should mention that despite them not having powerhouse O, Luongo made some really nice saves. Didn't mean to take away from him... but yeah, I think our defensemen had an easier time with Colorado's O vs. Thornton and Marleau heh

Edited by Moonshinefe, 31 January 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#97 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

It seems whenever game I miss Canucks get a shutout. Like the anaheim game and now the colorado game

#98 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Even with an early season win this fan base finds reason to tear each other apart. So f-ing sad, and no wonder this city riots in a big game loss.

Learn to appreciate the beauty of having two elite goaltenders.

#99 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Is it?

Or is it a typical over reaction to name an unproven goaltender as the #1 over a proven 12 year veteran elite goaltender after he starts 3 playoff games?

You decide.

Which, by the way, I have not heard either our GM or coach utter from their mouths - that Schneider is the "#1". It's all been the media and fans.

I guess you are hard of hearing when the GM has been interviewed a number of times about trading Luo and has never once said Luo is not being traded. Rather the GM has said "Luo has a say in where he is going to go and we have had offers","but we will not do a deal until we think that deal is right for the team".

#100 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I guess you are hard of hearing when the GM has been interviewed a number of times about trading Luo and has never once said Luo is not being traded. Rather the GM has said "Luo has a say in where he is going to go and we have had offers","but we will not do a deal until we think that deal is right for the team".

That is all he said, there are offers. AV or MG have yet to come out and Corey Schneider is our new sole number 1 and Luongo will play the backup roll. All I remember is AV saying he has 2 number 1 goaltenders.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#101 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Great game by the team ... Good to see Lu playing well if it keeps up he won't leave till next year,one last shot at the cup...in the games Lu has played his looked alot better then Cory so far this year,I don't think Lu will get the start against the hawks so Cory better have his best game or I have a feeling we will see a lot more of Lu the rest of the way

Edited by Mclean1, 31 January 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#102 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

In LU We Trust...

Also, im glad that after opening 4-5 different PGT's that I finally found the right one! hahaha

#103 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Good to see Raymond high stick Mcleod and not take any crap. A broken back will do that to ya I guess.
Posted Image

#104 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Did anyone catch Raymond and Henrik throwing big hits tonight? lo i thought i was seeing things.

#105 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Nice break from the heavy hitters the Nucks have been up against lately. Great to see a little bit of swagger for our boys. The rust is starting to fade. Lu did his usual regular season magic. Chicago will tell the story of how much they have improved.

#106 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

That is all he said, there are offers. AV or MG have yet to come out and Corey Schneider is our new sole number 1 and Luongo will play the backup roll. All I remember is AV saying he has 2 number 1 goaltenders.

Just because Cory resigned a contract over the summer media has said his number 1,but ur right AV and MG have never come out said his our starter and Lu is the back up its all the Media hyping Cory up

#107 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Ha MayRay totally wacked MCleod. Nice.

Weise with his first fight of the year, not bad and still playin well!

Kassian, wow 5 goals, DAYUM,

Lu o Lu

Lappy with his first, I was startin to get worried

Tanev took a penalty zomg!!!!

#108 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

And Luo has a say in where he is going. Does not matter if they split this year, Cory is the number 1. Unless some outstanding deal comes our way for Cory next year or this year, Luo is gone.

#109 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Just because Cory resigned a contract over the summer media has said his number 1,but ur right AV and MG have never come out said his our starter and Lu is the back up its all the Media hyping Cory up

Dude I love your avatar. Was that some weird action figure from the 90s or something? :lol:

#110 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

No, actually it's reflective of a 12 year sample of a career SV% of 0.919 and GAA of 2.52. It's called being an elite veteran goaltender with proven pedigree.

Then he should have posted historical stats, not the ones from this season...or did you not even read his post?!!

Lu's stats along with his great times and bad times have been discussed to death on here.

I have no problem with respecting Lu's abilities and what he has brought to this team but some of his fan club sound like a bunch of groupies all having his baby.

#111 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Even with an early season win this fan base finds reason to tear each other apart. So f-ing sad, and no wonder this city riots in a big game loss.

Learn to appreciate the beauty of having two elite goaltenders.

Just to clear it up for you. The people rioting that day were NOT Canucks fans. Just because you can buy a Jersey, doesn't make you a fan. The true fans that day, were still trying to come to terms with the defeat when the riot was taking place.

Back to the PGT

Great game by the team. Congrats to Luo, this is just what the doctor ordered leading up to Fridays game.

#112 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

‏@blakeprice1040
Tonight's 13:51 is Alex Burrows' lowest ice time in a healthy game since March 18th, 2011...

ehhh burr was clutch on that 5 on 3
Posted Image

#113 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

ehhh burr was clutch on that 5 on 3

Burrows is always clutch. He deserves more ice time and I think AV will give it to him.

#114 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

In the Cap era management does not give that type of contract to a back up unless they are plaining on giving him the starting job.

#115 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Colorado isn't exactly a great team right now, it's nice the Luongo got the SO, but he didn't even get to the 30 save mark.

Luongo has never been a problem for the Canucks....until the playoffs start.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#116 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Colorado isn't exactly a great team right now, it's nice the Luongo got the SO, but he didn't even get to the 30 save mark.

Luongo has never been a problem for the Canucks....until the playoffs start.

Goodness, some fans are hard to please.

Lu gets a shutout and you're still not happy... :picard:

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#117 MyNameIsTom

MyNameIsTom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

this guy

put Luongo against Colorado, a team without a legitimate top line
put Luongo against LA, a team that can't score AT ALL

and compare his numbers to Schneider after he faces the most offensively potent, and hottest team in the league, while the Canucks in front of him didn't even attempt to play the game

Schneider > Luongo
all day

What does it matter? They're both on the same team. Regardless of which one is better, they're both excellent and on the same team. Shut up.

#118 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

I've never understood the mentality where if you prefer one goaltender over the other then that means you must HATE the other goalie. We have two of the top goalies in the league. We should be grateful for both.

But this situation cannot last. Players are used to systems, schedules, and knowing their position on the team. Fact is, this is great for Lu's trade value, but it would be ludicrous now to either keep both goalies, when we desparately need help in other positons, or to trade Cory and keep Luongo. Cory is 10 years younger, is a million or more cheaper, and has outperformed Lu in the last 2 years in the regular season and playoffs. And he will only get better as Lu declines. And that's without even mentioning how nervous the club (and me!) would be with Lu going into the playoffs. He has had more than his fair share of chances to master the mental demons that show up every year.

I'm happy for Lu, but Canucks have got to stick with the plan.

In no way, Cory is 10 years younger than Luongo. Cory Schneider is actually 26 and is about to turn 27 in a month or so and Roberto Luongo is 33 and will turn 34 in April.

slo802.jpg

Thanks for the sweet sig Justdean10

#119 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Kassian's shooting percentage is currently 33.3%.

#120 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I would have been shocked if we lost this game.

Lou played well, good job on SO.

Good job to the D, other than that 1 huge mistake on the PP.

Happy Garry got his first goal.

Same with Lappie.

Keep up the good work Kassian.

Hopefully the team can build off this win.

Good test against The Blackhawks this Friday.

Schneids is up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.