The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks vs Avs 3-0!

Crimson-JH

Hawks are a team that Schneids will have to beat. Unless LU's not-yet-traded ordeal has changed him mentally... he has problems with the Hawks and I don't want to see him get that scab picked.

I'd play Cory.

Except that right after a shutout.... and after Cory played after HIS shutout... if AV picks Cory vs Chi-town it might be like saying "yea I know Lu got a shutout but Cory is our #1" . If he picks LU to play... it simply says "We have 2 #1s" without much point for controversy. Cory playing, would be more controversial, considering this shutout.

Glad for the win. Kassian still clicking with the Sedin's which is also a great sign.

However, let's not get ahead of ourselves here...Colorado is bad...and they are made even worse by not having a first line at the moment. I think a few more wins are in order before we start breaking out the champagne and party hats.

yes luongo got a shutout, that's great, but he didn't have to make too many key saves. Those saying we should keep luongo should remember Gillis' plan with Hodgson (slanted offensive oppertunities = better stats = better trade value) what would look better to a prospective team wanting to trade for Luongo, than for a high sv% and a shutout? Not much. And ertainly better chance of stat padding against a depleted Avalanche roster than against an unbeaten Blackhawks team.

Luongo with 60 minutes of shutout hockey against the mighty Avalanche? Only 142 minutes more, and he'll match Schneider's current streak.

That said, I'm happy for Lu. This, combined with the LA game, really proves to interested trading partners that Roberto isn't in one of his trademark slow starts.

Also, Luongo FINALLY defeated his nemisis!!!

goalie-spacers.jpg

Great win by the Canucks!

Loungo didn't have many hard saves to make but stepped up and made the saves when he had to at key times.

Burrows was excellent on the penalty kill.

Solid game up and down the line-up.

To all the bickering fans on here coming up with excuses as to why the Canucks won...who cares!

Every team goes through injuries and the players don't make excuses so I don't know why fans feel the need to downplay a win. We were missing 2/3 of our second line, does that take anything away from San Jose or LA who beat us?

And the goalie situation, both are our goalies and both are great. We have a great vet with a great up-and-comer and people here still try to find a reason to complain about it. I swear if the Canucks won the cup people would still come on here to find a reason to hate on our players and downplay it. We win 3-0 and a bunch of the responses on here are still negative.

Archived