The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Grand Theft Auto V

JaGuaR

forever-alone-happy-meme.jpg

So excited. :towel:

Unfortunately, I don't see it being anything like the original San Andreas. :( Seems like it'll be just like GTA IV with a different setting.

Ya go ahead... use my picture :P

Anyways, game looks amazing. Love how there's smog and all the detail.

The only thing is that, I didn't see any run down neighborhoods like in San Andreas.

Its probably going to be San Andreas with a few new tweaks and added areas, I doubt they would take anything out. Hopefully the in-game quality will be as good as it is in the trailer, that would be nuts

I don't want to hold my breath (THAT TRAILER WAS SOOO SEXY OMG I'M SUPER EXCEITEDAGSEFAHS) but I did see areas that looked exactly like Los Santos and San Fierro

0:07 - 0:11 SANTA MARINA BEACH (Remeber when you do the OG Loc missions to steal the tunes for his crappy party?!)

0:17 - 0:19 THE GOLF COURSE IN SAN FIERRO (You meet that asian girlfriend by the bushes!)

0:19 UNDERNEATH GANT BRIDGE (remember when you do the mission for Wu Zi where you're on the Cargo ship?!)

0:20 - 0:22 l LOOKS LIKE MOUNT CHILLIAD (where you run that crazy mission for those cops where you chase down that guy in that cabin, kill him and take pics)

Several shots look like downtown Los Santos (Look at the wall at 0:53!)

1:10 VINEWOOD? THAT CAN'T BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS! I played San Andreas religously (KIFFLOM!) :D

I don't want to hold my breath (THAT TRAILER WAS SOOO SEXY OMG I'M SUPER EXCEITEDAGSEFAHS) but I did see areas that looked exactly like Los Santos and San Fierro

0:07 - 0:11 SANTA MARINA BEACH (Remeber when you do the OG Loc missions to steal the tunes for his crappy party?!)

0:17 - 0:19 THE GOLF COURSE IN SAN FIERRO (You meet that asian girlfriend by the bushes!)

0:19 UNDERNEATH GANT BRIDGE (remember when you do the mission for Wu Zi where you're on the Cargo ship?!)

0:20 - 0:22 l LOOKS LIKE MOUNT CHILLIAD (where you run that crazy mission for those cops where you chase down that guy in that cabin, kill him and take pics)

1:10 VINEWOOD? THAT CAN'T BE ANY MORE OBVIOUS! I played San Andreas religously (KIFFLOM!) :D

On 3 November, Rockstar Games announced that Grand Theft Auto V was in full development and that it would take place within Los Santos and its "surrounding hills, countryside and beaches", and that it would be "the largest and the most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created". Rockstar parent Take-Two calls GTA V "a bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer," while confirming that its story will focus on "the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California." No release date or platforms were provided in the announcement. Despite implications from gaming publications, the game does not appear to take place in the other two cities in the fictional state of San Andreas - Las Venturas and San Fierro.[21]

:(

Why would you be able to see downtown LA from San Fiero... That's a ridiculous assumption.

I'm pretty sure this game is just going to take place in Los Santos, but with a map twice the size of Los Santos in GTA San Andreas.

That's what I'm now thinking. Since it's taking place in modern times while SA was set in 1991/92. Makes perfect sense that LS has grown over the years

Los Santos will have to have grown a lot, as this will be "the largest and the most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created". So Los Santos and it's countryside will have to be bigger than Liberty City. And Liberty City was huge. I'm so excited for this game :)

Los Santos will have to have grown a lot, as this will be "the largest and the most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created". So Los Santos and it's countryside will have to be bigger than Liberty City. And Liberty City was huge. I'm so excited for this game :)

That's what I wanna hear. :towel:

So just to be sure, this will basically be San Andreas 2?

Completely different games. Los Santos will be completely different, not to mention it'll be in the modern day unlike San Andreas which took place in the early 90s.

Its just like GTA 3 (Old Liberty City) and GTA 4 (New Liberty City)

Completely different games. Los Santos will be completely different, not to mention it'll be in the modern day unlike San Andreas which took place in the early 90s.

Its just like GTA 3 (Old Liberty City) and GTA 4 (New Liberty City)

Will it be CJ?

Archived