The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2014 Olympics

cmpunk

Yep. He's had some sort of beef with the Canucks for awhile it seems like. He's always got something negative to say.

Like how Kassian and Schroeder weren't ready for the NHL. Good call there Ray.

Is he still mad that we passed up on drafting Landon in the first round?

At least if he had picked Smith over Luongo, we could have a debate. But picking Ward is just laughable, and is an insult to Lui. Sure Ward has won the cup, but hasn't done a whole lot since.

I just saw on TSN, Ray Ferarro make some 2014 Olympic roster projections. No Canucks on it, not even Luongo and says Price is his starter.

Someone enlighten me. Why for the past year or 2, does everyone say Price is the guy to beat and is the sole starter? Did I forget something over the years, but what heck has Price done that gets everyone saying he is the guy? I just don't get it.

His 3 goalies were Price, Ward, Fleury. I understand Fleury, but again Cam Ward?! Really? what has he done since 2006? Price will probably be on the team, but if you ask me and what makes sense is that the job is Luongo's to lose. Meaning, if he plays solid like he is now and next season and at camp he will most likely start just because he is the previous winning goalie like Brodeur was before Luongo took over. But it's not guaranteed to Lu, he still has to perform. At the training camp they will battle for the position and if the other guys outplay Luongo they get the start.

But to say Price is the guy already, just does not make sense and sit well with me. They only thing he has done not including this year is backstop the Canadiens to 15th place in the East last season. Why does everyone think so greatly for Price, what has he done? Tell me.

I'd put Fleury before him for sure, at least he has won something.

Lucic Crosby Stamkos

Tavares Giroux Eberle

Nash Toews Seguin

Burrows Getzlaf Perry

E. Staal

Keith - Doughty

Pietrangelo - Weber

Phaneuf - Letang

Seabrook

Price

Luongo

Fleury

Maybe room somewhere for hall, skinner, j. staal, bergeron, thornton, couture, e. kane

haha yeah i agree its a bit of a stretch. Theres just too many good really good canadians to put him on the team... That being said he does bring tangibles that are helpful.. he would be the best penalty killer of anyone on that team or protecting a 1 goal lead with a minute to go i would have him out there. He played amazing at the last world championships on the 4th line, didnt he get 4 or 5 points?

He'll never get the nod over those other guys but i definitely dont think taking him as the 4th line winger over eric staal makes us a worse team. I bet Burrows would be the same unsung hero he always is and out play at least 5 guys on the team during the tournament.

Archived