The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When Kesler is back, who goes down?

King Heffy

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd send Ebbett down for sure.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Malhotra

Weise, Volpatti

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts, Barker

Luongo

Schneider

Looks solid to me, at least until next season when the cap goes down. :)

Who cares; he has to earn a contract for next year, make him work! And funny enough; that's the role he was traded here for!

And check your thinking, has he outplayed Danny, Raymond or Burrows? Not this year, and he's not as fast as Raymond, nor as big as Booth who can each put up similar numbers. And when he does score it's usually only with top players. That means he is not who drives the offence. Add it up and he's a depth guy who can play top 6 when asked. But if Higgins is on our 4th line, we're also in a very good place!

Look, he has a great motor. Even if he's "4th" line, AV trusts him and pops him over the boards every time someone is puff'd after a PK, or Raymond is being mis-matched. He'll still get way more minutes than the average 4th line guy!

As to the OP's question > Ebbett!

I don't think Higgins would be okay playing on the fourth line.

Schroeder will go down.

Ebbett is the ideal 13th forward that sits in the box. When Kesler returns, if Schroeder doesn't have a roster spot, then he'll sit in the box - management will want Schroeder to play as many minutes as possible, so he'll be sent down.

If Schroeder does earn a roster spot as a 3rd line center, and we put Weise/Volpatti in the press box, then Ebbett will be the one to go.

I'm going to copy and paste what I said over on the 4th line discussion board:

Malhotra, despite not being as good as before, is important. He is amongst the best in the nhl in faceoffs winning 66.7% (4th of those who've taken more than 20). That cannot be underestimated, he takes 90% defensive draws so our goaltenders know they can freeze the puck and have a good chance of us getting the puck and clearing the zone. A very big part of out PK IMO.

Edit: stats on the NHL were wrong

Ebbett I guess. It's possible he may get picked up. He's till a somewhat decent 13th forward in my view

Seeing as how it's turned into a line up thread, mine is as follows:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Weise

I would maybe even consider having Hansen on the 2nd line and push Burrows back. Hansen has been a machine, and Burrows seems to play with more edge and urgency when he falls back a couple of lines.

Archived