Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] - Canucks 4, Mild 1

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: The Results of this Poll has an Impact on AV's Decision (208 member(s) have cast votes)

Who starts next game?

1. Cory Schneider (98 votes [48.04%])

Percentage of vote: 48.04%

2. Roberto Luongo (28 votes [13.73%])

Percentage of vote: 13.73%

3. Eddie Lack (12 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Nobody; Go 6 attackers all game (66 votes [32.35%])

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thet said on the broadcast last night because he was born in the US he wants his name pronounced the murican way.

what a douche

#152 wasteofskin

wasteofskin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Excellent game!! I like the bend and not break stance when the mild were pressing and carying the play. just wait till this team get firing on all cylinders. lol @ the stupid arguments on the previous pages....funny when i say something people dont agree with i get a warning. anyways, I will save that for another day.

One of the things i do not like about Sportsnet in that they black out thier feed here in ontario. I dont understand why. i guess they want to force feed the peeps out here the laff team. I am stuck watching the game online as i do not want to support the NHL in buying the Nhl packages. So I was watching the game with my headphones on while the GF was watching her boring female shows on tv. Every time something exciting happened, I literally yelled and jumped up. After that I got reprimanded for almost giving her a heart attack.

I realize in the previous statement i said i do not want to support the NHL as i am still bitter about the lockout, but i just bought tickets to the detroit game on the 24th. If it is televised, i am in section 120 row 13. WOOOOO....CANT WAIT!!!!

Canucks vs. the lames next.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Religious death, I instigate
From what the bible demonstrates
Does it document creation
Of this hopeless infliction
Of a godless heretic
Not a god-fearing lunatic
That's why it's become my obsession
To treat God like an infection

#153 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,109 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

@patersonjeff: #Canucks Henrik has 1 goal in last 33 regular season games. I know he's a set-up guy first, but playing that much & on PP. Not right #NHL

307mg00.jpg

#154 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I love how easy Schneider makes it look. He's as good a positional goalie as I've seen in a long long time. His lateral movement is amazing

#155 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I love how easy Schneider makes it look. He's as good a positional goalie as I've seen in a long long time. His lateral movement is amazing

Yes, technically he is one of the best.
Posted Image

#156 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Excellent game!! I like the bend and not break stance when the mild were pressing and carying the play. just wait till this team get firing on all cylinders. lol @ the stupid arguments on the previous pages....funny when i say something people dont agree with i get a warning. anyways, I will save that for another day.

One of the things i do not like about Sportsnet in that they black out thier feed here in ontario. I dont understand why. i guess they want to force feed the peeps out here the laff team. I am stuck watching the game online as i do not want to support the NHL in buying the Nhl packages. So I was watching the game with my headphones on while the GF was watching her boring female shows on tv. Every time something exciting happened, I literally yelled and jumped up. After that I got reprimanded for almost giving her a heart attack.

I realize in the previous statement i said i do not want to support the NHL as i am still bitter about the lockout, but i just bought tickets to the detroit game on the 24th. If it is televised, i am in section 120 row 13. WOOOOO....CANT WAIT!!!!

Canucks vs. the lames next.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Sportsnet licensing is only for regional games. We can't watch leaf games on SN on the wet coast ;)

#157 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Schneider will start. Luongo came up big last game to give his chance to win, made some solid saves. Schnieder didn't need to make to many huge important saves because the team got him a solid lead and he shut the door and it was 4-0 going into the 3rd. They both just had solid games, you get from a top goalie not outstanding because they didn't have to be.

Nope........Schneider's outstanding positional play means he doesn't have to make "spectacular" saves like Lu does, who is often in less than perfect position. Lu makes it look magical, Schneids just makes it look easy. They're completely different goalies, but they both get the job done.......it's not a bad thing. Quit trying to make it anything other than that.

#158 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Has Weise fought this year prior to this game? I don't remember if he has but he looks to be improved, he definately messed up Konpoka the lowlife's face a bit in the first one.

#159 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

a .920 save% and a 1.85GAA is average? lol ok

anyone who knows anything about goaltending could tell Lu was on the brink of being off his game. His positioning was very poor in that game, and he fumbled several easy glove saves. It happens, luckily they have two excellent goalies so when one goalie starts to struggle, they have an equally excellent goalie to take over for awhile. No other team, atm, has this luxury

#160 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,791 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

You think Sean Bergenheim is a legit second liner? And on top of that, better than Hansen? LOL

Bergenheim actually hits more than Hansen...but I think the poster was referring to Bergenheim's penchant for scoring goals, especially in the playoffs.

Hansen has scored 5 goals in 54 playoff games. Bergenheim has 12 in only 23 games.
Posted Image

#161 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

@patersonjeff: #Canucks Henrik has 1 goal in last 33 regular season games. I know he's a set-up guy first, but playing that much & on PP. Not right #NHL

Sound like what a lot of people said about Adam Oates and look where it got him.

#162 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Sound like what a lot of people said about Adam Oates and look where it got him.

the brink of the unemployment line?

#163 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

the brink of the unemployment line?

And the hall of fame lol
Posted Image

#164 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,791 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

...One of the things i do not like about Sportsnet in that they black out thier feed here in ontario. I dont understand why. i guess they want to force feed the peeps out here the laff team. I am stuck watching the game online as i do not want to support the NHL in buying the Nhl packages... .

Centre Ice is only $49.99 this year. That's a pretty darn good deal - especially if you want to catch games from other teams as well.
Posted Image

#165 GrooveC

GrooveC

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

His father pronounced it as Pa-reez-eh.

Can't we all just agree that his last name is pronounced Par-easy, as in: Beating the Wild was Par-easy.

#166 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

And the hall of fame lol

of yeah, that too!

B)

#167 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Bergenheim actually hits more than Hansen...but I think the poster was referring to Bergenheim's penchant for scoring goals, especially in the playoffs.

Hansen has scored 5 goals in 54 playoff games. Bergenheim has 12 in only 23 games.

Keep these things in mind, though: Hansen plays for a team with a history of playoff consistency (not performance, just making the playoffs alone) and Bergenheim got top-six time the two years he's played in the playoffs (correct me if I'm wrong there). For numbers similar to Bergenheim's, look at Joel Ward's 10 goals in 32 games. How's his team doing right now?

Bergenheim was a flash in the pan.

#168 stuffradio

stuffradio

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Centre Ice is only $49.99 this year. That's a pretty darn good deal - especially if you want to catch games from other teams as well.

It's not a good deal. It doesn't let you watch your own team, only out of market teams.

#169 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Exactly. This is where he shines over Lu. Lu's lateral movement has been slow for sometime now and will continue to deteriorate with age. Lu also gets out of position quite often, hence the belly flopping and stick dropping from last year.

I do believe Lu has worked on theses aspects of his game and has improved considerably from last year. But at his age, he will never be as flexible as Cory. Lu also seems to have worked on reducing rebounds and directing them to the sides.

Both these goalies make me nervous whenever they handle the puck.

#170 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Nope........Schneider's outstanding positional play means he doesn't have to make "spectacular" saves like Lu does, who is often in less than perfect position. Lu makes it look magical, Schneids just makes it look easy. They're completely different goalies, but they both get the job done.......it's not a bad thing. Quit trying to make it anything other than that.

That's the thing, Cory is a positional goalie, Lu is a reactionary one, and both are great at what they do.

Has Weise fought this year prior to this game? I don't remember if he has but he looks to be improved, he definately messed up Konpoka the lowlife's face a bit in the first one.

I think he fought once before this year, not 100% though. But yeah, we did really well, a lot better than I thought, ha ha! :P

Can't we all just agree that his last name is pronounced Par-easy, as in: Beating the Wild was Par-easy.

Ha ha!

I'm good with that.

It's not a good deal. It doesn't let you watch your own team, only out of market teams.

That's the whole point of Center Ice is it not? Why would you need to watch your own team through Center Ice?

And either way you can still watch Canucks games on Center Ice...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 08 February 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#171 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Exactly. This is where he shines over Lu. Lu's lateral movement has been slow for sometime now and will continue to deteriorate with age. Lu also gets out of position quite often, hence the belly flopping and stick dropping from last year.

I do believe Lu has worked on theses aspects of his game and has improved considerably from last year. But at his age, he will never be as flexible as Cory. Lu also seems to have worked on reducing rebounds and directing them to the sides.

Both these goalies make me nervous whenever they handle the puck.

I find it cool that luongos reason to work on positioning is because he likes Schneiders game so much. The slow moving is because his feet are to big, size 14 skates I think

#172 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,791 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

It is essentially for:

1) Fans of teams that do not live in the region of their team. I'm a Canuck fan in Calgary, so 70% of Canuck games are not on CBC, TSN, or against Flames/Oilers.

2) Fans of hockey in general, that enjoy watching games from various teams.

I'd like to think of myself as fitting into both categories, but I haven't had time to watch anything but Canucks games so far this season.
Posted Image

#173 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

The fact is, Cory Schneider is the official starter on this team. Luongo has stated he's looking for a change and Schneider signed his contract, as bar down has stated, to be the starting goaltender on this team. Whether you like it or not, that's the case.

Please enlighten me with a quotation from an executive on the Canucks that says Cory is the official starter of this team.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#174 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

I find it cool that luongos reason to work on positioning is because he likes Schneiders game so much. The slow moving is because his feet are to big, size 14 skates I think

I don't think he moves slow, I just think he isn't a strong positional goalie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.