The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starts vs Wild Tuesday night

AriGold

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't get all whiney if you're a Schneider fan. Luongo was on a winning streak and had a pretty good game and Schneider played next game, it only follows suit that AV switches back randomly.

The only thing worth pointing out is in Edmonton Luongo had a bit of the shakes and didn't look in top form compared to recent games. Likewise, Schnedier was having bad rebound problems for the first period and a half against Calgary. Maybe the 'luxury' of having two above average goalies is the coaching staff just looks for any rust or shaky play and try to switch it up to avoid that 'bad' game.

Everyone needs to chill out. Luu getting the start due to his impressive numbers against the wild at home. Secondly if teams think that we are not willing to keep Luu than our barganing power goes down. Also Schneider has never handled the load of a starter yet in the NHL, so this is a perfect way to ease him in to it, for when lingo does get traded, I'm personally hoping for next off season at the draft after we win the cup this year.

Luongo is great at home against the wild. Simple as that. We also just played them so why not throw a different look at them to keep them from analyzing the last game we played in order to get an advantage against schnieds. Smart play by AV in my books keep em both fresh and keep other teams from getting consistent looks at one or the other!

Schnieds can benefit from almost a week off as well. :)

My thinking, and what I posted, is that starting Luongo this game is strange. And that a showcase (which I did not agree with for his previous starts) was a possibility (which it is). I didn't say that's what it definitively was, just speculating.

But all you see is one word and you start crapping your pants.

Showcase game?

Like 1 random game out of the hundreds and hundreds he has played with the Canucks would change anything at all?

I'm stoked for how well Lu has been playing this year because he is my all-time favorite goalie, but this start surprises me. It makes 0 sense if they are actually trying to establish Cory as the #1...Which in my opinion they should be doing.

keep rolling the tenders like we roll our lines and we will be fresh for the playoffs.

even missing 2 of our top 6 we are able to play any of our lines in pretty much any situation. our 4th line is not playing like a 4th line they can eat up lots of minutes when game are in the bag and not be a liability.

we can rotate all three D pairings as if they are all top 4 D men.

and when Kes and booth return our depth will be insane.

keep both goalies fresh and in game shape.

We've been winning. Who cares? Cory is not the future until Lou says he is & excepts a deal to go somewhere else. Right now I'm starting to think we are the luckiest fans in the NHL. They both are strong & with this internal compatition they both go to the net with this "Oh ya well watch this" attitude. I've flip floped on this for a while. But I'm starting to hope they make the move in the summer & finish the season with the 2 of them. There is a lot to be said about you cant have to many defenceman going into the post season. Loosing your #1 goalie in the playoffs is a back breaker. We're stacked in net. Cool! ::D

Luongo is 8-0-0 at home with a currently running 195:23 shutout streak against the Wild. This doesn't matter in the slightest.

I sincerely doubt this will affect Schneider or his development at all.

I personally care more about whether we win or lose.

Lol at all the babies, "Luongo played 4 so that means Schneider should get 4" this is something my 3 year old would say

How come no one is mentioning the fact that Luongo didn't get the start against the Wild after he played lights out in the previous 4 games

At this point who cares who plays as long as we are winning

PS: Schneider is not the number 1 yet

I have no problem with letting Luo play because he is playing well. You really could just use a coin. If the goalie playing hot got the starts then Luo would have played the last two games. The idea of waiting for the starter to have a poor game before switching is just not going to work here. The best bet is a 2-4 game stretch for each and split back to backs. Cory deserves to get his chance at being a starter but he will just have to wait till they make a trade.

Who cares who is starting. They will obviously both be here for the year. If i was GM and we are winning an we are scoring goals with more offense coming back soon., play them you feel like you have a better chance to win. Neither will be burnt out or lacking games comes playoffs.

They get along, we can afford them both all year, why not keep them. At the end of the year clearly one has to go.. I'm tired of reading so much garbage about who is starting. Who cares.. WE ARE WINNING. We all like them both. Either one will be back next year. Lets win the darn cup this year. We have excellent defense, spread out scoring when we are going like we are now. Big month coming up, why not use them both. No team has this as bonus.

I for one am pumped we got this squad. I'm tired of reading so much negative. This is our year. There is no reason we can't win the cup.

Now lets get kesler and booth back and add even more firepower.

Hi 5's all around

Archived