The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Security is Partially to Blame for Quiet Crowd!

Danimal

Security is very selective at Rogers; the likelyhood of being tossed goes up dramatically if you are wearing a jersey other than the Canucks or even if you yell at Canuck players (I once saw a guy wearing a Canuck jersey kicked out for yelling "You're a bum, Burrows" and nothing more). One more reason (one of many) why I will never again attend a game in person.

Just for reference, here's what maximum crowd noise at Rogers Arena sounds like. (Skip through it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmS-pztANow

There's no soccer style singing. No standing holding scarves. Nobody cares if the person sitting next to them is on the phone. Or if some people aren't cheering hard enough. Just a building full of fans enjoying the game they love.

If you want to be a cheerleader, be a cheerleader. Good for you. But it's hockey. This is Canada. I think we know how to cheer at a hockey game, thank you very much.

As loud as the gold medal game was it was even louder after the 'dragon slayer' goal.

Prior to that, for the whole 3rd period and OT, you could hear a pin drop for most of the time and it wasn't because Canuck fans don't know how to cheer. It was because everyone was fully focused on the game itself.

I don't cheer when I go to games unless something happens. Hell ya, I'll sit in silence if the play is good. Deal with it.

Also, I hate idiots that won't shut it for the entire game. You know the ones. The guys that have to be the centre of attention for the entire section. Some of us just want to sit there and watch the goddamn game.

I go to the games to watch hockey not to hear some idiots yelling, swearing or singing. I will jump up if we score and am on my phone at time due to work which some of us have to deal with. I leave early sometime cause I have to get up at 5am the next day regardless of how entertaining the game is and want to beat the rush. I am the lower bowel stereotype many of you talk about on the outside but I am an avid hockey fan and played at a pretty high level for many years.

I hate this let the real hockey fans in crap. The NHL is a for profit company. If your a real hockey fan fork over the money and if you can't then watch the game at home like a I did for many years. Those "suits" are the reason you have an NHL team. Does anyone think we could spend to the cap every year without them? I don't think so.

At the olympics I was sitting in front of JOE SAKIC's box did he cheer a single time though out the game? NO!!Was he on his phone at times? YESS!! During Canada vs Russia. Is he a true hockey lover? YES!

I go to the games to watch hockey not to hear some idiots yelling, swearing or singing. I will jump up if we score and am on my phone at time due to work which some of us have to deal with. I leave early sometime cause I have to get up at 5am the next day regardless of how entertaining the game is and want to beat the rush. I am the lower bowel stereotype many of you talk about on the outside but I am an avid hockey fan and played at a pretty high level for many years.

I hate this let the real hockey fans in crap. The NHL is a for profit company. If your a real hockey fan fork over the money and if you can't then watch the game at home like a I did for many years. Those "suits" are the reason you have an NHL team. Does anyone think we could spend to the cap every year without them? I don't think so.

At the olympics I was sitting in front of JOE SAKIC's box did he cheer a single time though out the game? NO!!Was he on his phone at times? YESS!! During Canada vs Russia. Is he a true hockey lover? YES!

As loud as the gold medal game was it was even louder after the 'dragon slayer' goal.

Prior to that, for the whole 3rd period and OT, you could hear a pin drop for most of the time and it wasn't because Canuck fans don't know how to cheer. It was because everyone was fully focused on the game itself.

I was not comparing myself to Joe Sakic. My point is you don't have to yell and swear and sing to be a true hockey fan. Some of us have to work 12-16 hour shifts before we come to the game. Or we have to leave the game because of something. Is anyone really complaining about me leaving a game halfway though because I was on call and had to see a patient? Or calling/texting about a patients condition?

I was not comparing myself to Joe Sakic. My point is you don't have to yell and swear and sing to be a true hockey fan. Some of us have to work 12-16 hour shifts before we come to the game. Or we have to leave the game because of something. Is anyone really complaining about me leaving a game halfway though because I was on call and had to see a patient? Or calling/texting about a patients condition?

yes.......I think that's one of the main complaints, is it not? You're there to watch and cheer on the Canucks, not sit on your phone and watch the game out of the corer of your eye. That's what TV broadcasts are for. Just my opinion though.........must be nice to blow big wads of cash to watch something you don't seem to care much about.

What was the point of the interview with de Bonis, they let him off so easy. It would've been nice if Blake and Sekeras actually told him what the people calling in to the station were saying all day. They had the chance to tell de Bonis that the fans are unhappy with the restrictions put on them by the security and they didn't even mention that.

I clearly do care. I'm a huge Canucks' fan but I have bigger responsibilities in my life then just the Canucks. I don't watch out of the corner of my eye either. I'm focused on the game period. However I can't sacrifice the rest of my life. People depend on me. Thats what some people don't get. Some people love the Canucks but we do have bigger priorities in life.

I know what a joke!!! One time I even got kicked out for being to quite!!! yup TO QUIET!!!! christ who do they think they are?? I made many consession stops that night and was so quite I was sleeping!!! I must have gave them ATLEAST $100 in beer sales by my self then after that they had the nerve to kick me out for being to quite. Since when did sleeping in your chair disturbe anyone?

Archived