#31 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,680 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

http://vansunsportsb...t-being-a-jerk/

Please read this recent blog from PITB and kindly shut up. Stop trolling.

I thought about doing some advanced stats, but that would clearly be lost on someone who's already made up his mind that Dale Weiss is useless. Also knowing I wouldn't find any stats for a 'Dale Weiss' was reason enough to not bother looking.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#32 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

2 words. Big Whoop.

2 words Gretch Dutsky

#33 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

also, PITB has come up with a great nickname for Weise - The Flying Dutchman

#34 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

6 words
cant fight, cant score, cant pass

If can't even spell Weise right don't make a thread about him
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#35 Nuckhead13

Nuckhead13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

he has the second most hits on the team

third i think. behind Lappy and Patti if i'm not mistakin
Posted Image

#36 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

http://vansunsportsb...on-a-map-video/

A cool video about Weise playing in the Dutch league
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#37 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have no life....I'll think I'll start a thread picking apart forth lyners....

Derp.

Edited by riffraff, 13 February 2013 - 07:03 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#38 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,680 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

He CAN'T fight. But he WILL.

There you go.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#39 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

since he barely hits

Another ignoramus that just pulls information out of thin air.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#40 Nuckhead13

Nuckhead13

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Please, everybody stop saying how many words before they post...

Posted Image

#41 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

he's pretty much a replacement for Torres except he doesn't hit as hard as Torres and doesn't get suspended.

Doesn't score any goals either.

#42 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I don't have the numbers but it seems to me we're on a six game winning streak and Weiss hasn't been responsible for too many goals. He gets in quick on the forecheck and he doesn't back down. You don't have to win every fight to get respect. Hockeyfights is a site for those who can't get enough MMA and comic book violence. He's still young, he's tough but has skill and he's not just a knuckle dragger.

#43 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

#44 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well he hits, but not that hard. I guess I don't ever really focus on him when he's on the ice haha.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#45 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well he hits, but not that hard. I guess I don't ever really focus on him when he's on the ice haha.

Yet you complain about how bad he is?
Point proven

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#46 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Would rather Volpatti on the 4th instead of Weiuseless

Posted Image
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#47 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Fourth, he sucks, i dont care if hes fast, steve kariya was fast and so was jose charbaneau for all you vets out there

I agree that he sucks. He has the odd good shift. But for a 4th line grinder who is supposed to smash guys with both hits and fights, he doesn't succeed at all. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I would way rather a guy like Rinaldo or Pat Kaleta on our 4th line. Those guys actually have grit. Guys like that aren't a dime a dozen, guys like Weise are. Hell, even Oreskovich laid bigger and better hits more often than Weise has been. They're probably on par in terms of fighting, which says nothing.

But honestly, if you're going to have your post taken seriously, at least know how to spell the guys names. Weiss? Come on..

#48 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Yet you complain about how bad he is?
Point proven

Meh, I just said I'd rather have a 4th liner who's more intimidating and hits hard. Weise is probably more suited to be a 3rd liner on a weak team then a 4th line role imo.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#49 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Why you backtrack on your comments?

Dale Weise does not hit--at least not season. When Aaron Volpatti went out with his shoulder injury December, he had roughly double the number of hits Weise did. All while playing less minutes, torn labrum, and fighting.

Weise finished the year with 118 hits. His frequent linemate Maxim Lapierre had 244 hits. Jannik Hansen had more hits. He had 10 more hits than Ryan Kesler.

This season he has been better. He has 29 hits through 12 games for third on the team.

Posted Image

#50 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

he's pretty much a replacement for Torres except he doesn't hit as hard as Torres and doesn't get suspended.

A replacement for Torres? Give me a break. Torres is 100x the player Weise will ever be. Torres is the epitome of heart as well as pure nastiness. Even if Weise finds a bit of a scoring touch, he will never bring what Torres brung and continues to bring. The Canucks still have a void from not resigning Raffi.

#51 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Talent Analysis

Weise is a gritty character winger, who has some offensive upside and good leadership abilities. Although willing to fight to protect teammates, it is not his strength, but Weise is strong on the puck and can provide energy at the NHL level. [Hockey's Future]

He's 24yrs old and has only played in 90 NHL games, so there's still room for development. If he lives up to his talent analysis he will be a very a decent 4th liner, who is the fastest skater on his team.

Edited by higgyfan, 13 February 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#52 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Im happy with his play.

Quick forechecker, picks the timing of his hits well. Good role player.

Quite astonished he is receiving the CDC hate.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#53 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Talent Analysis

Weise is a gritty character winger, who has some offensive upside and good leadership abilities. Although willing to fight to protect teammates, it is not his strength, but Weise is strong on the puck and can provide energy at the NHL level. [Hockey's Future]

He's 24yrs old and has only played in 90 NHL games, so there's still room for development. If he lives up to his talent analysis he will be a very affective 3/4th lliner, who is the fastest skater on his team.

Oh, yeah. Hockey's Future knows what they are talking about...

Paul Bissonnette is a steady, mostly stay at home defenseman who clears the net and helps to keep the puck out of the net. He’s a very hard worker and is an outstanding leader, both on the ice and in the locker room. He has a nice shot and possesses some raw offensive abilities, which allow him to join the rush or quarterback the powerplay if need be. Bissonnette is an improving physical player who will drop the gloves to protect his teammates. His skating is improving, but still needs work for once he reaches the professional level. Bissonnette is also going to need to improve his consistency if he should want to crack the NHL.

To be effective, Burrows has to play at a high level of intensity that is nearly impossible to maintain over the course of a full
season. Because he is not particularly big at 5’11, 190 lbs, he also runs the risk of accruing injuries due to his frenetic and physical style of play. And there is the problem of Burrows having poor hockey sense and very limited offensive talent at this level. Burrows has been a 30-goal scorer in junior and the ECHL, but clearly is not able to put out anything resembling those stats at the NHL level.

Despite his reasonably successful season, Burrows is a career AHLer.

...just bothers me, that people treat Hockey's Future as the prospect bible when they have no idea what they're talking about. All their content are written by amateur journalists using statistics.

Posted Image

#54 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Weise is a good 4th liner. Don't care if he doesn't 1 punch people, he's the type of player we will need come playoffs.

Totally... Someone has to carry the team's gear. :lol:

In all seriousness, what do you expect for $600 000? He hits. He skates well. He is young. He is unselfish. He plays 4-5 minutes a game. He's the perfect 4th liner, for me.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#55 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Meh, I just said I'd rather have a 4th liner who's more intimidating and hits hard. Weise is probably more suited to be a 3rd liner on a weak team then a 4th line role imo.

No, no that's not what you said.
Let me refresh your memory.

"His speed doesn't really matter since he barely hits and doesn't have the puck skills to use it to his advantage"

I won't bother you anymore, I just wanted to point out that you sir are just another fairweather fan that has NO clue.

#56 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Im sure hes a character guy but someone has to tell me what this guys brings to the table. There has to be a better option even at this price point. I just dont see the positives. No hands, cant fight, cant pass. Perhaps when booth and kesler are ready, weiss might just be put on waivers.

He's good defensively, for a 4th liner. PITB published an article describing his fairly high Corsi rating, despite starting most of his shifts in the defensive zone. He makes positive plays and managed to be a plus player last season despite playing most of his shifts in his own end, scoring very little and getting little offensive help.

He's not a scorer (obviously, although he does has some ability at lower levels) and he's not a fighter. He's just a solid player you can plug into your bottom lines in a pinch.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#57 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

We're not getting a goon. Weise can fight, skate and score and still has potential. He's only 24.

Posted Image

#58 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

LOL kinda like the one guy who said weise cant skate.. lol

The kid is not a typical 4th liner he will not be a lifer on the 4th he will move up.. he is not as bad as people say ... i have watched him play and i see nothing wrong with having him on the ice other then a few bad passes.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#59 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

i like weise and understand his role but with booth and kess back do ya think there is still room for him in the line-up??? someone has to go..( first post ever!)

#60 stuffradio

stuffradio

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

No need to explain. Dale Weiss isn't on the Canucks. So your post doesn't need any response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.